Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

How would you feel about 15 man raids?

So there has been some talk from Blizzard with this press release about wanting to move to 15 man raiding but "at this time" they do not plan to move from 10/25 man. They went on to say that they are revisiting 10 and 25 man sharing a lockout.

I personally think it would be great. I'm sick of the 10 vs 25 man debate and having an even playing field again would be nice. Not to mention this could really help out the 25 mans that are carrying a few people like there normally is. Yes, it would mean a bit of recruiting for 10 mans (my guild included) but this could be great to get all of the gimmicks only certain classes can play that we more often then not have to choose in-between with a limited roster. (Example would be a DK on Warmaster for gripping the short runners of doom! :P).

How would you feel if they moved to a 15 man raid for all?

Its the best thing they can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm for 15 man raids. It would eliminate the need to balance 2 diff types, and lfr can be scaled back to 15 man. This would allow them to create an extra boss or two every tier.

15 feels too small. I could make my peace with 20 man raids but that's as low as I'll go and still feel comfortable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would much rather have 40 mans back.

Personally I think that's what the primary focus should of been instead of 25 and 10, it's the perfect amount of people.

Quote Originally Posted by nadrii View Post
    15 feels too small. I could make my peace with 20 man raids but that's as low as I'll go and still feel comfortable.
    Unfortunately, I really do not see them making a 20 man. It would require 10 mans to recruit basically an entire roster.

I'd be for it. I miss the old 40 man days and hardly anyone even does 25's anymore. Ten man was fun when it was an off-night thing for laughs.

Perhaps 15 man and 25 man? Group sizes increase in increments of 10.

10+ Year Old Account
    15 is too small ... the reason I play in 25 man guild is the big number of people in raid ... and 10 less? even 5 is big deal for me ...
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

I think making one system in the teens and stopping the rift between the two groups would solve a lot. Get rid of the 10/25 man lock out and create some sort of middle ground.

Ofcourse this would piss people off but in the long run I think it'd mean better difficulty tuning for boss's.

EDIT: While i'm not going to praise the end game content I think swtor got the numbers for raids/dungeons perfectly.
    Last edited by Jakexe; 2012-03-20 at 04:04 PM.

I have actually always thrown out the idea of 15 man raids to my buddies and guildmates. I find it to be the perfect number especially in larger guilds where you run into problems fitting everyone in.

I would like it a lot. 2 tanks, 3 healers, 10 dps. Having two different raid sizes feels unnecessary.

I personally would not even mind if they released different instances with different sizes, like they did during the BC, as long as it is only one size per raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    I think making one system in the teens and stopping the rift between the two groups would solve a lot. Get rid of the 10/25 man lock out and create some sort of middle ground.
    This is a huge thing for me. I want the community back and not have others trying to diminish eachothers accomplishments because X boss may be easier in 10 or 25, etc.

15 man raids would be better then 10 and 25 man raids trying to be equal which will never happen.

Deleted
    I alrdy think 25mans are too small. 15 wouldnt fit me neither. Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by iscalio View Post
    I would like it a lot. 2 tanks, 3 healers, 10 dps. Having two different raid sizes feels unnecessary.

I personally would not even mind if they released different instances with different sizes, like they did during the BC, as long as it is only one size per raid.
    You remind me of another point. Our resto druid (3rd healer in 10m) more often than not has to switch to DPS when he really would like to play his mainspec. 15 man raids could hopefully make it so that fights really do need a set 2 tanks, 3 healers, 10 DPS because they could tune the fight properly to one raid size.

Deleted
    I'd love to see 15 man raids but I wonder if that meant an additional raid to 10 and 25 man or getting rid of 10 and 25 and just having 15 man raids so nobody can complain about the difficulty difference. If they do go for 3 different raids I wonder if the shared lockout is still in place...

Deleted
    15 seems to be fine. I've got alts on several casual-semi hardcore raiding guilds, and in most of the 10 man raiding guilds there's usually 3-4 backups ready during raid nights so it won't be that hard to recruit a couple more raiders. 15 isn't too small that it makes raiding feel less epic and not too big that it doesn't feel like a tight knit group anymore (plus less chances of having to carry a couple of people through the raid)

There has been a lot of talk about 6 man dungeons, 12 and 24 man raids. These sizes would allow Blizzard to have an easier time tuning certain fights and allow more diversity in 10 man as well as faster dungeon que times. This is something Blizz would consider, unlikely that they will bottleneck us into a 15 man raid.