Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I see. Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyhacker View Post
    As far as which stores you will be able to pre purchase a physical copy they have not stated which stores will be set up properly. As for gamestop, its highly likely they will intentionally balls up your order and count it as a pre order rather then pre purchase to bolster their pre order numbers and end up screwing you over on the pre purchase bonus. Heck I went into one the other day for shits and giggles and asked the clerk about the pre purchase and he didn't even know there is a difference between pre purchase and pre order and then tried telling me that they had exclusive pre order bonuses for the game to try to make me pre order... So unless Anet says Gamestop is one set up for pre purchase and you make sure they do it right I would try to avoid buying from them, places like Walmart/Target/Bestbuy/etc do not try to force pre orders from their employees and so are less likely to intentionally screw up your pre purchase to being an pre order instead, so if Anet says any of them will do it I would suggest them over Gamestop just to be safe.

Nothing against Gamestop (ok many things against them but not in this point, so anything against their corporation business model aside), but getting a pre purchase from a place that doesn't keep pre order data amongst their employees is probably a safer bet then one where they may just defaultly do pre order since that is what they do all day normally and pre purchase is very rare and so higher risk of even accidentally not getting beta access and 3 day early access just because its easy to accidentally do pre order instead of pre purchase when you do pre orders all day long.

Edit:

Yes you can and that is where I will get my copy, but he specifically asked for physical copy and not digital and their site is digital copies only. My guess is he will probably want to install it on his/her desktop, his/her laptop, and his/her (girl/boy)friends or wife/husbands laptop/desktop and does not want to have to download the full game 5x over and so buying a physical copy at least helps with initial download amounts even if there are day one patches.

Odds are it will not make a difference since the beta client will probably be patchable to the full version prior to release and so if you play any of the beta events you will not have much extra to download anyways, but then again some people really like having a box for certain things. So there are two perfectly viable reasons to get a physical copy.
    Mhm.. thanks for the huge information.
    And well... I neva had bad experience with GameStop... :S
    But thanks.

I guess I just stalk the GW2 Twitter Page.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnara View Post
    Might as well ask my question here.

So... Do I get this right? If I want to have a 3-day headstart, instead of 1-day, I have to preorder/purchase from the NCSoft Website , correct?

Since I do not owe a credit card and made some bad experiences with PayPal I was looking at the paysafecard thingy (tbh i never heard of that before).
    How do I do that? Can I just go to a shop that sells these cards and get one for 50€ and one for 25€ so i can buy the DD Version of the Game for 74.99€? Or are there some kind of taxes etc. I need to consider in the price so I actually need more than 75€ in paysafecard currency?

Hope you guys can clarify this for me.
    Well about Paysafe card. o=
    I bought some already.
    I just go always to a gas-station and ask there for it.
    More infomations you can find on the page of paysafecard.
    (Just type into google "Paysafecard")

You will get a code and this code you have to fill in at the payment screen.
    Done. :P

(too) Hockeyhacker

Mhm.. thanks for this reply.
    I never had bad experience with GameStop.. :S
    But it's good to hear other opinions.

I guess I just will Stalk GW2 Twitter Page.

10+ Year Old Account
    You only pre purchase digitial on their site on April 10th.

Physical copies from retail stores like ebgames and gamestop.
    You can go pre order those now.

Deleted
    Btw, just to get this straight, will it be 50 or 60 euros in Sweden/EU?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also; pre-ordering from ANet on the 10th will give 3 days head start and everywhere else is only a 1 day head start?

Just want to double check. Chances are I'll just order from ANet on the 10th to be safe I get a 3 day headstart. Probably won't be able to play those three days know my luck though ._.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Also; pre-ordering from ANet on the 10th will give 3 days head start and everywhere else is only a 1 day head start?

Just want to double check. Chances are I'll just order from ANet on the 10th to be safe I get a 3 day headstart. Probably won't be able to play those three days know my luck though ._.
    yeah i was curious about this too.

You need to pre-purchase to get the 3 day, not pre-order. Pre-order is 1 day. Just clarifying

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Probably any big games store like GAME, Gamestop, EB Games and so on. Oh, and Anet doesn't answer to normal mail. If you want to come in contact with them you'll have to go through carrier pigeon.
    EBgames merged with GameStop, but yeah, I would also suggest the OP looks at GameStop.
    I pre-ordered my copy months ago, so even if I'm broke as a joke when the game releases I'll feel secure knowing I can just pick up the game since I already payed for it in the past.

Deleted
    its been confirmed that you will be able to pre-purchase on cdon and webhallen (info for the sweds)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    EBgames merged with GameStop, but yeah, I would also suggest the OP looks at GameStop.
    I pre-ordered my copy months ago, so even if I'm broke as a joke when the game releases I'll feel secure knowing I can just pick up the game since I already payed for it in the past.
    I also thought that EB Games was gone but they seem to still be there in some countrys.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    You need to pre-purchase to get the 3 day, not pre-order. Pre-order is 1 day. Just clarifying
    So I can pre-purchase from anywhere to be able to receive the 3 day headstart? Usually I buy my games from Zavvi as they're usually quite cheap in the UK for MMOs. I got SW:TOR for £25 D:

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms.../10599388.html

£49.99, saying it's sold out Q_Q

So I can pre-purchase from anywhere to be able to receive the 3 day headstart?
    Not anywhere, there will be select retailers, both mortar and brick shops and digital retailers, that will be participating in the pre-purchase deal. We'll know exactly which shops before April 10th, Anet is waiting until the list is complete before they release anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticroots View Post
    Steam changed there policy recently about the price they make on game sales (and DLC) so some publishers don't like losing profits when they can just sell it on there own (EA) and with guild wars not having subscriptions apart from micro transactions the bulk of there income will come from the actual units sold, so if steam are taking a chunk out of this profit the ANet might say "hell to that"
    If the game costs 60 bucks retail, 60 dl, or 60 steam then in theory it doesnt matter where a player gets it, at least to the player. With steam you broaden your reach out for new players, yea they'd take a cut from selling on steam but it's still money you wouldn't had made without steam

In theory
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass