1. #1
    Void Lord GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wokeville mah dood
    Posts
    40,700

    PS5 And Next Xbox Are "Minimum Of Two Years" Away, Ubisoft Predicts

    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps.../1100-6454781/

    It's going to be quite a while before we see a new PlayStation or Xbox console, according to Assassin's Creed Origins and Rainbow Six Siege publisher Ubisoft. In an investors' call, CEO Yves Guillemot stated the company believes the next major consoles are "a minimum of two years" away.

    "As Sony launched PlayStation 4 Pro last year and Microsoft Xbox One X this year, we think we still have a minimum of two years in front of us before something new is coming," Guillemot stated. "But that's our perception, we don't have any confidential information on that front."

    Guillemot went on to say he likes that Sony and Microsoft are updating their platforms with iterative new consoles in the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X, and he believes the new devices will aid the industry.

    "We really like the fact that Sony and Microsoft are really putting more power in their machines, using the evolution of technology to give power to our developers to create better games for our players," he said. "That is going in the right direction rather than trying to do accessories or other things. That is going to help the industry a lot because the games will be really beautiful on those machines."

    Elsewhere in the call, Ubisoft revealed that Assassin's Creed Origins has sold double the number of copies as its predecessor, Syndicate, so far. The company also said single-player games still have a future, despite many of the publisher's games--For Honor, Rainbow Six Siege, and The Division, to name a few--being long-lasting multiplayer games that are continually updated.

    Xbox One X launched on November 7. It's had a positive critical reception so far; check out our thoughts in our Xbox One X review. For more, be sure to watch our Xbox One X vs PC vs Xbox One graphics comparison, or take a look at everything you need to know about the Xbox One X.

  2. #2
    Merely a Setback Jtbrig7390's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    29,504
    That was a given.

    There is a massive amount of big releases coming in the next few years with no slow down at all. Also now that the XBOX and Pro are out that extends this gen by a little bit as well.

    Sony nore Microsoft is going to announced new hardware when they just released some.
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  3. #3
    Yeh ill take ubisofts word for somthing when they stop being shit and nickel and diming thier fanbase.

  4. #4
    Merely a Setback Jtbrig7390's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    29,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Yeh ill take ubisofts word for somthing when they stop being shit and nickel and diming thier fanbase.
    You mean with MT's? Because that's the only way I could see them nickel and diming there fanbase in recent years.
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You mean with MT's? Because that's the only way I could see them nickel and diming there fanbase in recent years.
    The things iv seen them offer for sale just makes me shake my head. We also waited how many years for the new rainbow six? Only for it to completly go against tradition and not have a singleplayer.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    The things iv seen them offer for sale just makes me shake my head. We also waited how many years for the new rainbow six? Only for it to completly go against tradition and not have a singleplayer.
    Yea, bad Ubisoft for making the first Rainbow Six game worth a shit.

    Ubisoft right now is pretty much the best of the major 3rd party AAA publishers. Not even close. You have to go to first parties in Sony/Nintendo to top them.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yea, bad Ubisoft for making the first Rainbow Six game worth a shit.

    Ubisoft right now is pretty much the best of the major 3rd party AAA publishers. Not even close. You have to go to first parties in Sony/Nintendo to top them.
    its literally CS with breaching and destructible enviroment. I enjoyed the fuck out of terrorist hunt and the amazing singleplayers all of the rb6 games had in the past. Felt like a slap as a rb6 fan to have no hunt and no singleplayer.

  8. #8
    Merely a Setback Jtbrig7390's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    29,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    its literally CS with breaching and destructible enviroment. I enjoyed the fuck out of terrorist hunt and the amazing singleplayers all of the rb6 games had in the past. Felt like a slap as a rb6 fan to have no hunt and no singleplayer.
    It play's nothing like Counter Strike so to say its literally CS is a outright lie. Also I'm quite sure Ubisoft knows more about when next gen systems are coming then me and you do.

    Seeing how just based on the games releasing for Playstation are set for the next few years to come, Its highly likely Ubisoft is correct. Also both Microsoft/Sony just released some hardware, They are not going to release more hardware on top of that anytime soon.

    Also I liked Siege way more then any other Rainbow 6 game made but that's my opinion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    The things iv seen them offer for sale just makes me shake my head.
    You mean the same things dam near all other AAA company's sell?
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  9. #9
    How is Ubisoft the best AAA? Watchdogs is garbage. Division was a disaster. AC Origins is MT cancer.

  10. #10
    Mechagnome sinilaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    How is Ubisoft the best AAA? Watchdogs is garbage. Division was a disaster. AC Origins is MT cancer.
    that's called your opinion, and it doesn't make it true

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    that's called your opinion, and it doesn't make it true
    The problems with Watchdogs have been widely reported, as they have been with Division. And how cancerous micro-transactions are becoming in undermining both game quality and how it treats their customers.

    Division initially had a partially implemented grouping system whereby you had Riot/Suppression, Support, and 2 Assault. Like many things in the game at release, it was only half working so the majority of players just went with all glass cannon "one man army" builds and gearflexed things. The game began losing players rapidly and instead of fixing the squad tactics they threw it all out the window and rebalanced the game to literally be Rambo/One Man Army. (The initial raid that was designed for 8 people could now be done with 1-2 after the rebalance)

    To be topical: This is a pretty "Well, duh." statement from Ubisoft. MS just released their mid-cycle update and Sony did theirs less than a year ago. It would be silly to expect a new gen so close after that. My guess is they both won't even truly jump generations with the next update: The 1X is obviously so dramatically ahead of the 1 and 1S that it may as well be a new gen.

    There is also so much risk with making a "new gen" system: Sony was top with the PS2, then lost their dominance to the 360, and now back on top with the PS4. May see them move to more of a GFX card numbering system and go with incremental leapfrogging while maintaining compatibility. So many resources are expended in building up the ecosystem every generation, it seems foolish to flush it all down the drain and start over every ~6 years.
    Last edited by stellvia; 2017-11-09 at 08:57 AM.

  12. #12
    Merely a Setback Jtbrig7390's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    29,504
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Sony was top with the PS2, then lost their dominance to the 360, and now back on top with the PS4. s.
    You do realize when last gen ended the PS3 outsold the 360 right? Yes they had a sloppy start but finished in first in sells.

    Also this is 2017 not 2014 and Watch_Dogs 2 was praised on a lot of things. Also when it comes to MT's Ubisoft is no where near bad as many as MANY of the other AAA company's.

    Once again so many things in this post are just wrong and Ubisoft bashing for the shake of bashing.
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  13. #13
    I knew someone would bring up the PS3 vs 360 sales bit. Consoles sold near the end are worth much less than consoles sold at the start because the real money for them is made in software sales. And while the numbers are considerably closer if looking at the final global totals, from an NA perspective, the 360 beat the pants off the PS3 in both hardware and software sales. Even looking at the global numbers, the 360 still held a 5% margin on software sales which can be explained by people going in earlier for the 360.

    Good news is I don't need your validation to espouse my argument. It also doesn't make it "bashing" simply because you don't agree with me.

  14. #14
    Merely a Setback Jtbrig7390's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    29,504
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I knew someone would bring up the PS3 vs 360 sales bit. Consoles sold near the end are worth much less than consoles sold at the start because the real money for them is made in software sales. And while the numbers are considerably closer if looking at the final global totals, from an NA perspective, the 360 beat the pants off the PS3 in both hardware and software sales. Even looking at the global numbers, the 360 still held a 5% margin on software sales which can be explained by people going in earlier for the 360.
    The PS3 came out a year later and outsold the 360 world wide. The PS3 also had MANY major software sells including TLOU, So if you got some proof that 360 sold better here I would love to see it.

    Also due to RROD right off the bat Microsoft went $1.15 billion in debt. In both Hardware and overall sells Sony did better last gen. It was only a small amount in hardware.

    Yes the 360 outside the PS3 in the US market but that means shit when the PS3 outsold the 360 in all other markets.
    Based on VG charts so numbers are not 100%
    http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/


    Edit: Based on VGcharts 360 only beat PS3 in the US when it came to software but that is barely, But a big enough US lead to give them a slight world wide total.

    Once again these numbers are not 100% (even more so due to digital sells that don't get reported)
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-11-09 at 09:52 AM.
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Good news is I don't need your validation
    Eh, you need more then a punchers chance when your entire argument tries to assume NA is the whole world and you're probably fetching your data off a website known for asspulling in chartz.

    I also hope you're ready to account for the PS3 being Sony's main system for 7 years compared to the 8 of the 360.

    Oh and Ubisoft is still the best of the major AAA publishers and you did nothing to prove that opinion wrong. Surely EA and Activision are better LUL /mic drop.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-11-09 at 09:47 AM.

  16. #16
    Merely a Setback Jtbrig7390's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    29,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Oh and Ubisoft is still the best of the major AAA publishers and you did nothing to prove that opinion wrong. Surely EA and Activision are better LUL /mic drop.
    Even tho I feel highly burned because of Four Honor. I can't disagree with this when it comes to the three big AAA company's.

    Ubisoft's recent titles IMO have just struck gold.
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  17. #17
    Why am I not surprised you would read whatever you want into what I said and try to put words into my mouth that I never said. I could have qualified it better by stating from mostly an NA perspective, but that doesn't weaken the crux of my argument:

    NA is by far the largest gaming market, its bigger than the entire rest of the world combined. So it very much does matter that in that market it jumped out to a commanding lead early on and maintained that sales lead throughout the gen. The rest of the world offset it, but it basically was a slow climb across the entire gen to do it. The longer you have a console for, the more likely you are to buy games for it, and you'll be more likely buying them newly released. Buying a console 5 years into the gen means you're gonna be picking up a lot of bargain binned games which means less profit out of them than if they sold at release as well. I would also argue that while clearly the 360 got trounced in Japan, they basically abandoned that market fairly quickly after even exclusives like Tales of Vesperia failed to bump hardware sales much.

    And before you think I'm some MS fanboy: I have never, and never will own an MS console. Frankly, I don't like them and beyond running Windows, avoid them as much as possible. But you can't just like at the sum totals and make broad generalizations: Cumulative sales graphs and economic theory need to be applied as well.

  18. #18
    Merely a Setback Jtbrig7390's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    29,504
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Why am I not surprised you would read whatever you want into what I said and try to put words into my mouth that I never said. I could have qualified it better by stating from mostly an NA perspective, but that doesn't weaken the crux of my argument:

    NA is by far the largest gaming market, its bigger than the entire rest of the world combined.
    Bolded comments is what weaken's the crux of your argument because once again its factually wrong.

    All you are doing is making claims and excuses without providing any proof. I gave you proof and you have chosen to ignore it. Microsoft didn't win last gen, They haven't won any gen. That isn't to say the 360 didn't do well because it did.

    You can't pick and chose what parts of sells total's you agree with. By ur logic you can say the 360 was the best because everyone you knew had one. Success is based by profits and Microsoft didn't make ANY last gen. The $1.5 billion dollars they had to spend on extending the warranty was a huge reason to that. The other being the system didn't do well outside of the US (compared to PS3).

    I loved my 360 and up until like the last 2 years of last gen I didn't even own a PS3. But sells figures speak for themselves and they don't care if you like or agree with them.

    To add year after year it is requested for Microsoft to sell off there Xbox Division by there share holders due to making little to no profit. The division has NEVER in all 3 gen's its been around made a massive profit.


    $$$$ speaks and when it comes to the Xbox Division it hasn't made shit. That's the last ill speak of this since its offtopic anyway.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-11-09 at 11:12 AM.
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  19. #19
    Void Lord GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wokeville mah dood
    Posts
    40,700
    how the fuck do thw usual just start another console war.... seriously

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •