Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Civilization: Beyond Earth annouced

Coming in the Fall of 2014.

Hopefully it is a spiritual successor to Alpha Centauri. I loved that game back in the day.

*announced. Oops.

According to several interviews I've been reading, it is the spiritual successor!

/hype!

fantastic, first day buy for me

Finally a new civ!1!!!

Take my money! Take it! Nao!

Although I would have preferred a traditional earth-civ, but alpha centauri 2 is welcome, too!
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." - H. L. Mencken

Hopefully it won't be as shitty as civ5 and it's chess like feel...

Love Civilization, will definitely be a buy for me.

Herald of the Titans UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Could be interesting. Certainly nothing to make me want to buy it right away... worries me that some of you are like "INSTANT BUY!" over just a cinematic trailer that shows you nothing of the game whatsoever :S
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Threatening an atheist with hell is like threatening a Christian with Mordor.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Could be interesting. Certainly nothing to make me want to buy it right away... worries me that some of you are like "INSTANT BUY!" over just a cinematic trailer that shows you nothing of the game whatsoever :S
    Well, I love Civ games (turn based strategy) and it's pretty much the only brand out there. So if I want more of that, new Civ is the only way.

It's weird that there aren't more turn based strategy games out there. At least not one without unicorns, faeries, orcs and dragons.
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    well my feeling is based on who is making the game, what type of game it is, and that it is a "spiritual" successor to one of my favorite strategy games of all time.

Loved Alpha Centauri, excited for this one! Will need to know a bit more before i blindly purchase it though.

Doesnt show any gameplay tho....kinda look more like a video of some movie .

PC Gamer has a couple of screenshots and the story about the game. Basically looks like Alpha Centauri on Civ V graphics...

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/04/12/ci...logy-and-more/

Awwwww yyyyeessss!
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Well, I love Civ games (turn based strategy) and it's pretty much the only brand out there. So if I want more of that, new Civ is the only way.

It's weird that there aren't more turn based strategy games out there. At least not one without unicorns, faeries, orcs and dragons.
    Go google Age of Wonders.
    "The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt."

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Dragons, magic and all that shit. No thanks I'm only into "realistic" strategy games. So either past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

age of wonders is a fantasy strategy game, he specifically said ones without that

There are strategy games out there but all are mostly older titles. The genre is in a bit of a lull.

Advanced Wars?

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Advanced Wars?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance_Wars

This? Really? :P

well i hope we can design our own units like alpha centauri :P

By reading that article...

Did I understand correctly that there are 3 factions (aka civs) in the game. Not more?