Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Do you like wine?

So I've had everything from $7 a bottle grocery store stuff to $80+ a bottle limited run stuff you can only by at the winery....but in the end it still tastes like sour grape juice to me.

I find myself wondering how much of the wine industry is just BS marketing coupled with trend versus how much of it is having a real taste for fermented grapes?

For those of you who have a taste for it, how much of this stuff do you need to drink before it tastes like something other than a juice box that was forgotten in the trunk of a car?

Why are wines always paired with foods and not beers or why even pair them at all? I care a heck of a lot more that the steak I'm eating tastes great on its own and not need a specific drink to go with it in order to fully realize the flavor.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GW2lacky View Post
    For those of you who have a taste for it, how much of this stuff do you need to drink before it tastes like something other than a juice box that was forgotten in the trunk of a car?
    Wine is outstanding in general...

Quote Originally Posted by Acewipe View Post
    So it has always tasted outstanding to you...from day one?

Deleted
    I've liked wine most of my adult life. Not all of it though.

it took me a couple months to develop a pallet for it, and a lot of convincing from my ex to get me to start drinking wine.

Never liked it myself. Its not for everyone so don't bother trying to force it.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love red wine. Never been a fan of white wine though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love red wine, however I usually mix white wine with something else tho :P
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love all wine but Rose.
    It tastes fantastic and goes really well with meals...but i tend to drink Ale/Lager genrally
    I find to be drinking wine of an evening is a little too depressing at 18 :P

Deleted
    What is that about not beer being complementing to certain dishes? On the contrary, true beer drinkers do pair specific beers with specific meals and I am sure most good liquor store clerks could advice you on the right beer for the right meal.

I do like wine, but I like the sweeter stuff. Moscato is probably my favorite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its the same thing with wine as with coffee & cigarettes. It takes a while to grow fond of it, and afterwards you use it too much.
    Its nice socially, but way too easy to start consuming more. This can be a good or bad thing depending on yourself

Deleted
    I drink white wine while Im eating...sometimes also with pizza is good

10+ Year Old Account
    It took me a bit to get used to the taste, but I've enjoyed wine since I was 16 or 17.

Haven't had much, but the couple times I had it I got a headache from just a couple glasses and didn't care much for the taste so I just avoid it.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acewipe View Post
    Granted I grew up with watered-down wine at Church during Communion, I too find wine to be outstanding.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Sharing a bottle of wine with a good friend or a girl is something I enjoy, it doesnt matter if its cheap or expensive wine, at home or at a restaurant, doesnt matter, theres just something about wine. Reminds me its been too long since I had a good glass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    can't stand wine never have don't care to like it either

Deleted
    Vinho verde!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I basically drink anything, beer, whiskey, wine, except Rosé, that's a little too much of a fairy drink to me. You just need to ask for some advice and cook a nice meal to make it go along with. (The grocery store I work at gives wine advice, really great!)