Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

DPS Lightwell Macro?

Here’s the problem. Accessing Lightwell as a dps.

All the melee classes I play are usually deep up the Bosses rear for max dps. Unless the healer places the lightwell in the Bosses digestive track there is no way I’ll see it, let alone click it. If I run out, by the time I find it, I’ll be dead.

So is there a macro that would allow players, within range of the lightwell, to continue the colonoscopy exam of the boss and click the lightwell outside to help the healer out? Something like:

/cast <healer>Lightwell

If we could come up with a simple and easy to use macro it would help everyone.

Ask the Priest to place it off to the side or something. Or position yourself so you're not standing between the Bosses legs.

There's no macro that will allow you to /use a Lightwell, it's an interact-with-object type dealio.

You could use your 'interact with target' keybind combined with /target Lightwell. Would require a couple of key presses and targeting away from the boss though. So you'd have to ask your RL if the DPS loss is worth it. Pretty sure they'd just ask you to reposition yourself though...
    Last edited by Stasis007; 2012-03-20 at 11:44 PM.

If you can't see the lighwell while playing melee, you either need to zoom out or the lightwell needs to be positioned better. Only fight I've really had problems finding the lightwell on in DS is Morchok, because of how much we move around, and that's more of a range problem than a location problem.

Deleted
    Ask your priests to dump it next to the boss?

Agree, that's a raid synergy issue that can't be fixed with a good macro