Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Someone who truly is different isn't going to acknowledge it.
    Oh cut the preteen bs :P
    Unless you are blind you notice any and all difference between you and others, some will be "modest" and not mention it, others will use that as a point of pride, others wont give a crap but are likely to acknowledge they are different.

Reminds me of the good old "a real punk wont say he is a punk" oh really? then what are all the fashion statements if not a big "i am a punk".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Arrogance. That sentence just kind of comes off that way. Arrogance (or confidence) has its places though, too. I wouldn't mind having some of that, but this forum is full of undeserved arrogance.
    Ah, people do tend to mistake confidence for arrogance unfortunately. I can hardly see any place that cofidence doesn't have a place though. People reacting to confidence as if it were arrogance is one of the illogical actions that are unnecessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Ah, people do tend to mistake confidence for arrogance unfortunately. I can hardly see any place that cofidence doesn't have a place though. People reacting to confidence as if it were arrogance is one of the illogical actions that are unnecessary.
    I can think of.... many.

10+ Year Old Account
    this forum is full of undeserved arrogance.
    It will be mankind's downfall.

Early man walked away as modern man took control.
    Their minds weren't all the same, to conquer was his big goal,
    So he built his great empire and slaughtered his own kind,
    Then he died a confused man, killed himself with his own mind.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Many sayings like that hold truth. And everybody conforms in one form or another. Some type of image, and some type of lifestyle.
    Yea, but it's not a rule.
    Such nonconformity on a scale of almost 7billion is impossible. But everybody being identical isn't the best course of action. Differences are good.

When I eat a package of M&M's, I like to squish two of them together to test their genetic superiority. The winner goes on to the next round and the loser is eaten. Then, I take the final M&M and send it back to the company for future breeding purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    A world ran on pure logic would be insanity. Example: Say someone murders a family members of yours. Pure logic says you should retaliate and murder someone back. LOL I thought you were logical bro? Yet you haven't even thought your view point completely through.
    I think you mean that the emotional response would be retaliation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can think of.... many.
    Let me rephrase then. I do not see confidence in any sane or logical act being wrong. Confidence in an illogical acts such as genocide and crime I do agree is quite wrong.
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Most the people that say they are different and want to remain that way. Are actually pretty normal. People that are truly different usually want to be normal.

It's that stupid rule of "you always want what you can't have."
    What's different and what's normal to you? Just wondering, because I'm pretty sure different to you is completely different to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Fernii View Post
    That is hardly the logicial response, what you describe would be the emotional response.
    Pure logic works by keeping this in perfect balance. It's exactly why algebra works so well it's a pure logic system and everything is kept in balance.

There goes yours and pretty much the entire forums philosophy of logic is the greatest thing ever.

EDIT: The only thing that would balance a murder our perfectly is another murder. Pure logic must remain this way to work.
    Last edited by sandmoth12; 2012-03-21 at 01:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    When I eat a package of M&M's, I like to squish two of them together to test their genetic superiority. The winner goes on to the next round and the loser is eaten. Then, I take the final M&M and send it back to the company for future breeding purposes.
    I thought I was alone. Not so different after all

---------- Post added 2012-03-20 at 08:41 PM ----------

Pure logic works by keeping this in perfect balance. It's exactly why algebra works so well it's a pure logic system and everything is kept in balance.

There goes yours and pretty much the entire forums philosophy of logic is the greatest thing ever.
    Nope. Not quite that easy.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Let me rephrase then. I do not see confidence in any sane or logical act being wrong. Confidence in an illogical acts such as genocide and crime I do agree is quite wrong.
    Well our capability for logic is still bound by our limitations, it is just as flawed.
    Also it is all a matter of perspective.
    What is wrong to you can be right for others, circumstances differ and logic is bound by our beliefs (i dont mean religious, convictions would be a better word?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever I feel bad for not being normal, I watch 5 minutes of television and I realize that I despise the majority of the human race and am instantly very thankful I am how I am.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

EDIT: The only thing that would balance a murder our perfectly is another murder. Pure logic must remain this way to work.
    You want to keep trying to sound smarter than us all, but this makes no sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    What would actually balance out a murder is the creation of a life. Subtracting a second life because one was already taken doesn't create balance, it furthers imbalance.

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Whenever I feel bad for not being normal, I watch 5 minutes of television and I realize that I despise the majority of the human race and am instantly very thankful I am how I am.
    Then you generalize a lot, dont forget that the modern media sells stupidity.
    What better way to feel good about yourself and your life than to see others in far worst situations or being far more stupid?
    What the TV shows is hardly reality.

Logic doesn't work to "keep balance."
    And at that, humans are not rational beings. Driving a society on logic is virtually impossible.

Also, your signature is pretty ironic.

Even if we accept "keeping balance" as the definition of "logical," that doesn't work. System-wide adoption of personal vengeance as the means for resolving conflict is not sustainable. It can not be the logical response.

That doesn't make any sense. If it were that simple, then anyone who killed more than one person would put the system irreparably out of balance. Once that happens, retribution becomes pointless.
    Last edited by Pert; 2012-03-21 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pert View Post
    System-wide adoption of personal vengeance as the means for resolving conflict would make perfect balance impossible. It's not the logical response.
    Yeah, the logical (or, I prefer pragmatic) response would be to pursue justice through prescribed methods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Amen! It may not be 100% accurate, but at least it gives a good overview of what the majority is up to, which is just enough for me.
    I like sandwiches