Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question [PVP] Why do people hate DW?

Right now I'm using 2h frost for RBGs purely because I've got a gurth. I prefer DW a lot more but the tentacles are just insane. But my question is... why do people not like DW? You get more mastery due to less hit, you get more killing machine procs due to more weapon swings... What's so bad about it? I honestly don't understand why people dont like it.

Deleted
    if i wanted to be a little dual wielding pansy i woulda rolled rogue, 2h all the way.

@ rerecros, lol yea you gonna need that 2-hander for some leverage getting your ass back up off the ground as my rogue laughs all the way back into the shadows.
    To OP, probably what rerecros said - i doubt highly people would hate on the better dps/pvp weapon (spec) if it really was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    @ rerecros, lol yea you gonna need that 2-hander for some leverage getting your ass back up off the ground as my rogue laughs all the way back into the shadows.
    To OP, probably what rerecros said - i doubt highly people would hate on the better dps/pvp weapon (spec) if it really was.
    Eh, I always find rogues deliciously crispy when playing on my blood DK.

Thing is, small weapons don't feel "death knightly" enough. Most of the greatest runeblades are two handed (Frostmourne, Shadowmourne, Rivendare, Mograine, Koltira, Alexi Barov, Saurfang the young, Orbaz Bloodbane, they all are initially wielding two handers, even DK starting weapons are 2h), and many official and fanmade artworks are picturing DKs with two handed weapons. They just feel powerful and menacing, and that's what a DK should be.

In terms of gameplay it all depends. On my blood elf female every weapon is small anyway, so I'd rather have a 2h.

You asked that question and I thought "Wow, this guy should know the answer to this question."

But it turned out that your signature is very misleading and you don't have the gear your signature advertises.

On topic: Because 2H costs 3400 for a weapon, DW costs 4900 for a pair. Elite costs 6800 between both 2H, Elite DW costs 9800 total for the pair. Not only that, DW Is way easier to run yourself out of resources and then you're stuck for a few seconds not doing anything.

To Supplement: STOP USING MISLEADING SIGNATURES >

EDIT: Off Topic: Asheriah, I love that talent tree. But I'd love to see a level 75 talent that gives us a third rune of each type, and makes it so up to 2 runes of each type can refresh at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphus View Post
    You asked that question and I thought "Wow, this guy should know the answer to this question."

But it turned out that your signature is very misleading and you don't have the gear your signature advertises.

On topic: Because 2H costs 3400 for a weapon, DW costs 4900 for a pair. Elite costs 6800 between both 2H, Elite DW costs 9800 total for the pair. Not only that, DW Is way easier to run yourself out of resources and then you're stuck for a few seconds not doing anything.

To Supplement: STOP USING MISLEADING SIGNATURES >

EDIT: Off Topic: Asheriah, I love that talent tree. But I'd love to see a level 75 talent that gives us a third rune of each type, and makes it so up to 2 runes of each type can refresh at a time.
    pretty much this, run yourself out of runes and runic power leaving you no way to pop something like ibf or lich healing or your pet sac, it does do more damage though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post
    if i wanted to be a little dual wielding pansy i woulda rolled rogue, 2h all the way.
    Same could be said about you being a wannabe arms warrior or paladin...some people don't make sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Same could be said about you being a wannabe arms warrior or paladin...some people don't make sense.
    Wrong. when you think of a deathknight do you see him with a giant 2handed runeblade? yes, yes you do. not wielding some small little swords

Wrong. when you think of a deathknight do you see him with a giant 2handed runeblade? yes, yes you do. not wielding some small little swords
    Thassarian says Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Wih View Post
    Thassarian says Hi.
    Thassarian dual-wields 2H weapons, actually. I believe it drops somewhere in the Coilfang dungeons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater View Post
    Thassarian dual-wields 2H weapons, actually. I believe it drops somewhere in the Coilfang dungeons.
    Indeed, he's dual wielding two Endbringers.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=27769

DW will do more overall damage than 2h, but it has one glaring weakness; the lack of RP generation from MotFW makes it difficult to stack necrotic strikes on a kill target. You can remedy this by putting a point or two into scent of blood (you also get the extra survivability from blade barrier), but to do so you must give up desecration. If you are running BGs with other specs that can put out undispellable snares then you don't really need desecration, so a 8/31/2 build can work very well in BGs. I really like this build, and with 2x souldrinkers you actually get a fair amount of healing. In arena though desecration is nearly mandatory to snare pillar-humping weenies. In this situation 2h will allow you to get both desecration and still have high enough RP generation to stack necrotic strikes on a target. Pretty much it really.

---------- Post added 2012-08-13 at 10:09 AM ----------

High Lord Mograine would disagree with you.

its because necro strikes don't hit for shit as dw because it only hits on your main hand. so the amount of damage and absorbs they do are far less superior to dw.

Quote Originally Posted by pmgbro View Post
    its because necro strikes don't hit for shit as dw because it only hits on your main hand. so the amount of damage and absorbs they do are far less superior to dw.
    Are you sure the absorb is affected by the weapon?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    High Lord Mograine would disagree with you.
    Initially wielding a 2h. Also, wielding heroic Glorenzelg in ICC, which is his last known appearance in the game.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Darion_...Hammer.jpg?c=1

Basically, all the important Death Knights start or end up wielding two handed weapons.

Because DW for DK's feels ridicolously stupid. I've been 2h frost since DK was released (even when they made frost DW). Never tried blood and only been Unholy two times.

Frost 2h ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by pmgbro View Post
    The heal absorb on necrotic strike isn't affected by weapon damage. It will hit for less with DW, but you don't use NS for the upfront damage anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

---------- Post added 2012-08-13 at 06:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    Initially wielding a 2h. Also, wielding heroic Glorenzelg in ICC, which is his last known appearance in the game.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Filearion_Mograine_at_Light%27s_Hammer.jpg?c=1

Basically, all the important Death Knights start or end up wielding two handed weapons.
    Just saying, he is currently standing in the Ebon Hold dual wielding Slayer of the Lifeless.

2H'er = bigger crits. In PvP bigger crits normally = shorter life span for your targets. Faster you bring them down the less time they have to heal their team or damage yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyteyes View Post
    2H'er = bigger crits. In PvP bigger crits normally = shorter life span for your targets. Faster you bring them down the less time they have to heal their team or damage yours.
    But DW = more crits

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    The heal absorb on necrotic strike isn't affected by weapon damage. It will hit for less with DW, but you don't use NS for the upfront damage anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

---------- Post added 2012-08-13 at 06:10 PM ----------

Just saying, he is currently standing in the Ebon Hold dual wielding Slayer of the Lifeless.
    Lorewise, the last apparition is still in ICC. He appeared in Acherus way before Icecrown Citadel was released.