Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    "dude" is such a peasant word

Deleted
    I usually use 'Ey manne', which is Dutch for hey guys. Never had any ladyfriends complaining about it, neither did I ever get offended by it :|

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by azthal View Post
    I'd say it's fairly gender neutral when it comes to GROUPS of people. "Hey dudes", "Hey guys" etc. Wouldn't use it that way myself, and do find it pretty silly. To me it would be exactly the same as calling a man "girl", "lady" or similar.

When you reference a specific person, dude is clearly not gender neutral.

"That girl is a dude!" to me means that my friend has spotted something that I didn't, and just saved me from doing something I would regret.

If I say "I went to dinner and movie with this dude yesterday, and then we went to my place and had some fun" my friends won't ask what this nice girls name is, but instead congratulate me on coming out of the closet.

Dude is clearly male.
    Indeed. Most people don't mind either way, but its not unreasonable not to like it, same as a guy might object to being called "sister" "lady" or "babe" on a regular basis.

dude isnt bad.. Bro feels weird.

If she's hot, don't call her dude. If she's not, it doesn't matter. Ugly people don't have feelings worth caring about.

lol

I don't say dude to girls just because I've always used it in reference to guys, so for me it's still awkward, but it can be used for either these days.

I dont really say dude. But when I'm talking to a group of people(2 or more), even if its all females I tend to say "guys". Very rarely will I will say "ladies"