Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Looking at the logs, the mage and the one hunter (and the DK) seems lower than they should; on our kills, all DPS are above 30k, with tanks being around 18k average (currently using 2x Ferals since our Paladin has been away for a while, I'm assuming his DPS will be a bit lower when he returns).

Healing wise, your healers should be able to pull more healing -- they average 10k hps lower than what we usually output (each). What crystal setup are you using? I would advise your Shaman to go on Red and your Druid to go on Green, with the shaman probably switching to Blue once it comes up (just spam Chain Heal I guess, haven't played my shaman much on this fight). Another option would be Disc Priest or Holy Paladin to take along -- they're absolutely BOSS for Blue Crystal Rape.

Also, for the past 2 resets, the trick with having your healers outside the shadow realm while using Hero/Lust have didn't work for us - it seems it was fixed/changed in 4.3.3.

1) Look at your DPS for the one hunter + DK + Mage, it should be higher if you want a smooth kill

2) Look at your crystal setup and look into mana management better if that's why their throughput is that "low"

3) Are you utilizing raid wide cooldowns? At the 5 minute mark (when you get timeloop) stuff starts getting iffy. At this point, tranq, DG (4set), shield wall (4set) etc. will become very handy - Spirit Link can be sketchy IMO combined with the timeloop buff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drairon View Post
    I play an SV Hunter, so from what I can help with is you and the other hunter.

Both of you are losing 500-1k dps because of your pets. Pets are bugged on Ultraxion. They wont cast Rabid, so you'll have to macro it into Cobra or any other attack. Pets also spam Dash, wasting their focus thus DPS, should turn dash off for this fight.

With the fight lasting more than 5minutes you should cast RapidFire and CotW at the start so you'll have them again near the end. You only used (1) instead of the 2 you can do. The other hunter(Ieatchildren) didn't use RapidFire nor CotW.

You casted (8) more Explosive Shots than Ieatchildren, even though he had an extra LnL proc, which means he isnt saving focus for when its off CD.
    Thanks I'll tell him, I did not know about the pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuente117 View Post
    The biggest source of Damage in this fight is Magic Damage, since Warriors and Paladins can prette much keep their minor CD up for 100%, which increases their Blockchance, both of your tanks could use DPS Trinkets, to increase their DPS, since they have more Survivability in this fight anyway.

Additionaly,Stamina is a great Stat for Tank-DPS, so tell your Warrior to use Last Stand as an offensive Cooldown, if he doesn't need it otherwise.
    It increases the Attackpower of Revenge and the amount Souldrinker hits for, given they both have Souldrinker.
    So you could tell them to go for Stamina, in order to push their DPS, withou dropping Tankstats, if you don't feel too well with pure DPS Items.

And I just remembered, that Ultraxion can't Avoid or Parry, so your Melee-DPS could drop Expertise in favor of better DPS Stats, at least for this fight.(even though I'm not sure if he can't Parry/Dodge at all or if the Chance is simply reduced, sorry^^)
    Ok thanks for the advice, I'll pass it along. About the parry and dodge thing I looked it up the tooltip says : In addition, the instability prevents Ultraxion from parrying attacks. So only parry doesn't apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Tingyou View Post
    Also, for the past 2 resets, the trick with having your healers outside the shadow realm while using Hero/Lust have didn't work for us - it seems it was fixed/changed in 4.3.3.

1) Look at your DPS for the one hunter + DK + Mage, it should be higher if you want a smooth kill

2) Look at your crystal setup and look into mana management better if that's why their throughput is that "low"

3) Are you utilizing raid wide cooldowns? At the 5 minute mark (when you get timeloop) stuff starts getting iffy. At this point, tranq, DG (4set), shield wall (4set) etc. will become very handy - Spirit Link can be sketchy IMO combined with the timeloop buff.
    It is still working for us . I dont know by heart what the healers are doing with the crystals, but Ive heard not to use the blue one? And yes we use raid CDs at the 5min mark, and yes Spirit Link is sketchy, shoud we use that earlier as in right before the timeloop?

Thanks for looking into it and the advice.

How were your healers on Mana? were they running dry near the end?

I'd say for crystals druid should take Red. While shaman picks up Green, then switches to Blue as soon as it spawns. Shaman should spam ChainHeal as soon as he gets blue and never stop pretty much.. lol

If druid was having Mana issues, he should use Tree of Life followed by a Tranq at the 1:30-2min mark so it'll be back up at 5mins.. on the first Tree conserve mana by just using LB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bortak View Post
    We provided everyone with pots from the GB so I assumed everyone was using them, I'll tell em next time to make sure that they pot twice. I will also tell our tanks to make sure they try and get as much dps out as they can without losing too much survivability. Aaand I will also tell the mage to use the macro you provided. Thanks for the advice .

Our druid said it would help he read it somewhere, so we tried it with 1 dps the rogue and we got to 500k, so I assume it is working and we tried with 2 dps after just to see if it would get us to kill it. However those attempts were near the end of raid time and some things went wrong so we didn't get enough tries with 2 dps on later TW.

If we do it that way what dps would benefit the most from getting TW later in the fight? We tried once with the DK and once with me (hunter) but as I said before those werent really good attempts (someone failed to push the button or w/e).

Also what about letting the tanks use one dps trinket? Would that sacrifice too much ? Warrior proposed it.
    Our warrior tank has 60% dps gear on and I use around 25% as a blood dk in that fight, we could go more but we are fine with Ultraxion. And pre-pots and potting has a surprisingly big effect.

This is one of those fights where you have to maximize your potential DPS, and unfortunately your group is a little lacking in that aspect. Some classes need to use really awkward specs and different skill priorities for Ultraxion too, at least until you can kill him consistently with your normal specs. Aside from elemental shamans though, I'm not quite sure what other classes need specific specs / priorities for Ultraxion.

As chemicader suggested, it may be a good idea to have your prot warrior put on a good amount of DPS gear (if he has a good DPS set). If he can put on 75% DPS gear, just have your prot paladin keep the boss off him as much as possible so he only has to deal with a very minimum amount of Fading Light. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...6&e=2100#Blood -- I put on 75% DPS gear for our 10 man kill and I never got Fading Light because the prot warrior was really good about keeping the boss off me.

In the end, it's really about squeezing out as much DPS as possible. Double potioning is a must, and I use a countdown addon for pulling because ventrilo lags -- http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/pull-countdown -- My countdown starts at 4 for Ultraxion. All the DPS that DON'T want heroism at the start use Heroic Will at 3, and those DPS use potions at 4. Heroism goes out at 2, and everyone staying out for heroism use their first potion then as well.

Something that we do that doesn't look like it has been mentioned is we Bloodlust at the very start off the fight with a count down for it and have our 2 healers (resto Shaman and Druid) hit the "Heroic will" button on like count 2 of the 3 sec countdown so they are not effected by Bloodlust (and as a result not sated). Then when they need it later they have it.

Also something worth trying which I saw mentioned is having the druid get red and just hold on to it and the shaman get green and just go crazy with big expensive heals to stay ahead of the damage going out and pop mana tide and pots etc, then when blue comes out he gets that and even with almost no mana is able to then keep casting the big expensive heals going and with bloodlust as an option as well durring that he is basically global to global with any heal.

One thing I noticed, your Shaman must be late on the green crystal. The heals he is getting from the buff are WAY too low. I looked at the report from the first fight (I'm at work on my phone). His numbers at similar to mine, with more heals casted, but he is only getting about one third of the benefit from the crystal. Essense of Dreams should be his largest heal by far. My phobe is messing up...sirry i cant delete aome stuff.

nce of Dreams was , holy fucj