Deleted

Recruitment advertisements, informational or personal?

I currently try to derive if recruitment advertisements should have a personal or more informational nature. For example: 'progress is this, raid times are these, site is this' (informational) or 'we want lovely people for a fun guild, progress is this, raids are these' (more personal). What do you think?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I say it depends where you post it. If it was a quick trade chat spam it would be something like: Guild X (10/25) (progress ie. 4/8) recruiting new players (or insert classes/roles) for our progression team. Insert quick stuff about the guild and end with a website or /w for info.

I would make forum posts more professional and informational, a more in-depth approach and a lot more personal, because most likely the people looking are raid-orientated people, whereas, many of those trade spam guilds are all about the 'friendly fun' guilds. I'm not saying your guild is not fun and friendly etc, but peoples mind-sets in general are wanting something more professional when it comes to forums recruitment. Hope that helps
    Last edited by Azshira; 2012-03-21 at 12:06 PM.