Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidGX View Post
    The only thing that worries me is the community, which will likely be garbage. At least, if WoW is anything to go by. I'm not looking forward to seeing this type of stuff in whatever passes for the games general chat.

[stuff]

...etc. Hopefully ArenaNet won't put up with that shit the way Blizzard did.
    Worth noting that this has little to do with the game itself and a lot to do with people playing it. As a result, you can find same stuff in pretty much any large lobby outside MMOs in addiiton to MMOs themselves nowadays.

NCSoft has been traditionally pretty stingy with GM budgets though, so this may be worse off then blizzard offerings have or it may not. I guess it mostly depends on how functional automated filtering systems will be since GMs can't really police servers in real time no matter how much budget you throw at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    And hopefully the do put up with it, when some company tells people playing how to have fun then they take the game too serious its not fun anymore.
    Whatever is against the rules, I'll be reporting the hell out of it. Lax rule enforcement is one of the reasons WoW trade chat was so bad. If you can't have fun while following the rules you agreed to, then go to retardchan or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    ArenaNet has said there's been quite a few people that don't care about PvP, but they've loved WvW.

There will be 1500+ dynamic events at launch, several dungeons, big dragon fights, skill challenges, a personal story line, mini-dungeons, and activities, so I think you could easily occupy all your time on just PvE content.

It sounds like you're already pretty interested in WvW though, so there's a chance that you'll like it. I think it'll be such a different experience from what people are use to, but I mean that in a very good way.

You can always try WvW if you get into a beta too.
    Do you include the random secret puzzles in the game as skill challenges?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidGX View Post
    Hopefully ArenaNet won't put up with that shit the way Blizzard did.
    I think you'll find people won't get away with a lot of that kind of anti-social behaviour when they don't have $15 a month to hide behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    He Means the skill challenges to unlock skills lol.

---------- Post added 2012-03-21 at 11:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I think you'll find people won't get away with a lot of that kind of anti-social behaviour when they don't have $15 a month to hide behind.
    Wont they though? in most non sub games there is more dbaggery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wont they though? in most non sub games there is more dbaggery.
    Really? Can you back that up with statistical evidence as opposed to anecdotal evidence? Because every online non-sub game I've played has shown the opposite, and I'm a forum poster on the internet, I represent a lot of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Really? Can you back that up with statistical evidence as opposed to anecdotal evidence? Because every online non-sub game I've played has shown the opposite, and I'm a forum poster on the internet, I represent a lot of people.
    Maplestory, Mabinogi, Any game made by Perfect world, Star trek online now too, you do some shit get banned roll a new acc, nothing keeps you from caring about your account when they are free.

Guildwars2 does have a price tag per account, so its not going to be huge deal.

But you wanted proof, and there it is. or are you just mad i pointed out your misuse of but?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maplestory, Mabinogi, Any game made by Perfect world, Star trek online now too, you do some shit get banned roll a new acc, nothing keeps you from caring about your account when they are free.

Guildwars2 does have a price tag per account, so its not going to be huge deal.

But you wanted proof, and there it is. or are you just mad i pointed out your misuse of but?
    You're ignoring something you implied yourself, those games are all FREE to play, and Maple Story is a pretty piss poor example really with how they handle microtransactions.

And no, I'm not "mad" because I didn't misuse the word "but," you had stated that "but" implies that the statement following it is negative, whereas I corrected you and said that "but" is used to present the statement follows it is counter to the first.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    I'm pretty interested in this game, as the playstyle looks unique, and the story, races, and graphics seem top notch. The only issue that is leading me to believe I will not like Guild Wars 2 is the fact that I have nearly no interest in PvP. I've done PvP in multiple MMO's and it just doesn't do anything for me. Don't get me wrong, I think what they've said about WvWvW so far is pretty damn cool, but do you folks feel there will be enough things in the game to keep me happy, OR do you feel the PvP will be just that damn awesome that I'll happily embrace it?
    You assume that PvP is the main focus of this game, which it's not. I'd say in terms of content there is more PvE than PvP.

As for WvWvW, there are plenty of PvE aspects to it, like building golems, killing NPC's for resources, reinforcing your fortress with boiling pots of lava and so on.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    What Zito said. *Plus who knows maybe the PvP in this game will interest you after all. *Try not to worry about it. *The lack of a sub fee means one can try the game out and if they don't like it after a month or two at least they weren't ripped off.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Click on the mini-dungeon link, I didn't know that's what they were considered til today either.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Frankly, both. I'm not much of a PvPer, but WvW looks amazing.
    This.

Since Anet said that there are no player names that really makes it that much easier for me to pvp. We'll just see <X color invading enemy> over their heads. This, to me, can make it feel more like a massive PvE experience rather than PvP which is what attracts me to WvW.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    This.

Since Anet said that there are no player names that really makes it that much easier for me to pvp. We'll just see <X color invading enemy> over their heads. This, to me, can make it feel more like a massive PvE experience rather than PvP which is what attracts me to WvW.
    Constructing boiling pots of lava doesn't attract you more?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Oh, it does. My post was just one of many factors of why WvW will kick arse.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    I checked out the top 10 reasons video and the mass info sticky. There is almost more there to maintain my position as a skeptic than to turn me into a true believer. I'm not sure I'm too into the in-combat weapon swapping or the way skills are put on your bars. I'm definitely interested enough to buy the game, since I'll only lose $60.00 or whatever. The worst that will happen is I don't continue playing it.

And you know something? It's probably more my fear of being torn away from my tried and true MMO comfort zone that has been placated by EverQuest, Rift, and World of Warcraft for all these years. These were/are great games, and it's good to see Rift has hit it's stride and has a dedicated fanbase who play it and watch it progress (it wasn't for me personally, nice idea, but a bit too close to WoW at launch and not much in the story department). Guild Wars 2 definitely seems like it will really break the mold.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I know the question wasn't directed at me, but I'll throw a coin in ;-)

To me, constructing them is 10% of the fun. The other 90% comes when you pour the results on the heads of an incoming posse, and successfully defend whatever it is wherever you're at

I am more interested in the PVP as opposed to the PVE tbh. Especially the WvWvW.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, after seeing the MoP stuff, I REALLY can't wait to play this game. Not trying to be a hater, but to me, MoP indicates that WoW has finally jumped the shark. It looks like a complete joke.

Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    So, after seeing the MoP stuff, I REALLY can't wait to play this game. Not trying to be a hater, but to me, MoP indicates that WoW has finally jumped the shark. It looks like a complete joke.
    I've had a lot of fun (not necessarily so recently, but back in TBC & Wrath times) in WoW - no regrets in playing it, but the more I've read and heard about GW2, the more I feel it's much more "my type of game" than WoW currently is. I will also say that the new "direction" of WoW, and abuse of the lore, is also quite disappointing to me personally, and makes the upcoming change of game that much easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think one reason that many ppl have been turned off of PVP has to do with many games using gear advantage. When gear>skill, and you have to grind and lose in order to just get gear to be competitive, it sucks the life out of pvp. There's no "god stat" in GW2 (ie: resilience from WoW or expertise from SWTOR). You can be competitive because everyone is on a level playing field in the structured pvp. I think this will change the mind of a lot of ppl who didn't like pvp before.

Now, WvW you have the same gear you play with in PVE so this isn't true- but it's massive and ongoing, with 3 teams. I think ppl will enjoy that playstyle as well. I

I'm also excited about the PVE, you guys are forgetting personal story. I think that's going to be a big motivator for PVE. Also, the fact that random things can happen in dungeons, and that there are different explorable modes.

There will be lots to do, and Anet will release more content.

If you are into reading, I would also look at some of the information on the arena net blog. It's much more informative than the official site.

www.arena.net/blog