Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    When your justification behind something is "It'll suck because it'll suck.", the only response deserved is "No you."
    This is a similar case.
    Provide some evidence of Dynamic Content being lame if you want a proper response.
    Troll much

Thread title is 'what makes you apprehensive.' My response is Dynamic content in MMO's so far is lame content.

Truth is Dynamic content has been a total flop in Rift and Warhammer, I am not sure how designing a whole game around a failed concept will pan out. I am not sure GW2 has done enough to actually make it interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Something along the lines of those paying to level faster are getting the same benefit as though who could invest the extra time? Getting what you pay for that way?
    I dunno.......seeing into another's mind is difficult from this far away...

No one likes me. Sulk :'(
    Exp boosters are fine since levels aren't a big deal. Karma, magic find and the whole set of consumables are the ones that irk me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Side 1: representative Delias.
    Cash shop items are fine, they give no advantage at all.

Side 2: representative Arkenaw.
    Cash shop items are annoying, people who buy them will have more fun.

Side 3: Blazing Samurai.
    Cash shop items are fine, you get to have fun as long as you spend money.

.... WUT.
    Not entirely. Cash shop items should be enticing and fun, but, to use an example, just because someone's wearing 80 dollar All Star Converse made with the colors of the Irish flag and likes wearing them, that doesn't mean that I like my regular black/ grey 12 dollar Wal-Mart brand "Converse" any less. In fact, I probably like them even more because i got essentially the same thing (a pair of shoes) for less than a third of the price.

---------- Post added 2012-03-23 at 02:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Exp boosters are fine since levels aren't a big deal. Karma, magic find and the whole set of consumables are the ones that irk me.
    I'm sure I'll have a counter-argument (or statement, "argue" is too negative of a word these days) after I take a look at all the information from this upcoming beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Not entirely. Cash shop items should be enticing and fun, but, to use an example, just because someone's wearing 80 dollar All Star Converse made with the colors of the Irish flag and likes wearing them, that doesn't mean that I like my regular black/ grey 12 dollar Wal-Mart brand "Converse" any less. In fact, I probably like them even more because i got essentially the same thing (a pair of shoes) for less than a third of the price.
    I think I need sleep. I can't glean any meaning from this comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
    Troll much

Thread title is 'what makes you apprehensive.' My response is Dynamic content in MMO's so far is lame content.

Truth is Dynamic content has been a total flop in Rift and Warhammer, I am not sure how designing a whole game around a failed concept will pan out. I am not sure GW2 has done enough to actually make it interesting.
    You may want to re-read what you said.
    You did not say "dynamic content in the past has been lame" (that's an opinion either way)
    you said "the Dynamic Content will be lame like ALL the dynamic content in Rift, there was absolutely nothing in that content that was worth doing whatsoever."
    Saying you're 'not sure' if it will be good in GW2 is miles different than instantly passing it off as "it will be lame because other games that had a similar system did not do it well."
    The dynamic events in GW2 are not the same as the dynamic events in rift.

---------- Post added 2012-03-23 at 01:45 AM ----------

I think I need sleep. I can't glean any meaning from this comparison.
    Don't worry. I can't either, and it's basically noon for me with my sleep schedule.

Yeah well......while I support them for those that genuinely don't have the time to input in the game and therefore feel they have less enjoyment than those who have the time to invest and get things quicker, the only issue I have, although it doesn't really bother me if they want to waste their money, is those who have both the time to invest and the money to invest and just use these items to get the max amount of karma etc.
    It's their choice, but I'll still think they're dumb. It doesn't really affect me, it's their money to spend.
    Although it's likely that those who have the time will just think...meh, I can just play and get it. Why spend real money. Also, if they have more free time they likely don't have excess money. Work sucks lol.
    And those that have less time probably have more money.

It really is a best of both worlds imo.

Troll much

Go watch some TB videos that talk about the sheer scope and diversity of DEs that ur hit with.
    They're nothing like Rift.
    I don't want to sound condescending but it's better to do research about your concerns rather than post about them in such strong terms.
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-03-23 at 07:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Troll much

Try watching some gameplay footage instead of making wild assumptions about the nature of DEs. The difference between GW2 and other MMOs is that ArenaNet doesn't hide the game pre-launch. There are HOURS of gameplay footage from it all over Youtube, and as you find footage from more recent dates, the content only gets better.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

It is fair to say other MMOs had zone or local area events. The big difference in GW2 is those events are the questing scheme for PVE.

I'm not much of a pvp person either, at least I haven't been while playing WoW. Those who played the first Guild Wars game will remember a pvp system based on skill and strategy and not on gear and whichever class the developers chose to be OP at the time. Anyone who has experienced pvp in WoW is going to have a bad taste in their mouth because if you didn't exclusively pvp from the beginning you had to be the punching bag of people with the top tier pvp gear until you scrapped up enough points and gear to actually be able to compete.

Guild Wars 2 will take the 'casual' fun approach of letting anyone pvp by forcing everyone on a fair battleground and letting skill and strategy determine the winners. So I'd encourage players jaded by previous pvp experienced to give GW2 pvp a try. I can't personally vouch for it since I haven't tried it but GW1's pvp was nothing short of amazingly fun and when those godly Korean teams beat the snot out of you it was easier to swallow since they beat you by outplaying you, not because they had better gear or played the FotM class. All the professions in GW1 had a place in pvp, you got to play what you wanted and be effective to boot.

All I can say is if GW2 builds on the success of it's predecessor then it's a game worth checking out.

Don't pass this game up. I think we'll all be pleasently surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Troll much

At the very least, watch this whole video and make a judgement from there:

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh there's is nothing to loose,
    1-go to the shop
    2-buy the game for 60eu
    3-go home
    4-install the game
    5-play the game and judge for yourself
    6-????
    7-profit
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .