View Poll Results: Which expansion has best ret paladin?

Voters
357. This poll is closed
  • Vanilla

11 3.08%
  • The Burning Crusade

36 10.08%
  • Wrath of Lich King

199 55.74%
  • Cataclysm

62 17.37%
  • MoP will beat all

49 13.73%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I really liked how they were in WoTLK, I just stop playing ret in Cata, but now that I've tried MoP beta I like how everything generates holy power.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    All in all TBC is my favorite Ret time, wotlk was certainly strong but TBC will forever be the top for me.
    Req, I completely agree. BC Retadins were my absolute favorite. Why? I feel that it distinguished played who played ret to play ret, and players who excelled and understood mechanics. Looking at your logs, I was right in your position.

Abbbsolllutely loved it and I miss it.

WoTLK was fun, but I felt that *anyone* in BiS gear could FCFS their way to success.

Overall, just like that fact that in BC, they could look at two people in the same gear, assess their skillset and distinguish between the two players. I just remember applying for a guild who said "they'd never raid with a ret paladin", etc etc. Much like most guilds did. And my essay-like application, explaining my skillset, etc etc. Needless to say, they gave me a trial, and I competed on meters T5-Sunwell clears pre-nerf.

Stood in the Fire skidmarksteve's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    wotlk was good you could mash keys and kill almost anyone....

Ret paladins were OP facrollers for pretty much all of wrath until the end. Their rotation wasn't really a rotation and more of a use whatever is off CD and do awesome dps.

Even though I enjoyed WOTLK's faceroll dps and "wack a mole" rotation, pre 4.1 was the best for pvp. No cooldown on Word of Glory=WIN.