Damage Font Text

This might be a strange question to ask but... I was wondering if it was possible to have a script code? or somthing to make me damage font less pixeled, i play at a 1920 x 1080 res on a 22inch screen. My dmg font ingame is always abit pixled (on hits and crits) and its alittle annoying as i want it to be a nice crisp font. is it possible to change or am i stuck with it forever?

Thank you - Shyzhi (Sunstrider)

Deleted
    I can't say I know of a script to do that, but you can always download an addon like Nicedamage or Fontifier to adjust the actual font to one that scales better.

I cant seem to find a font that scales well im useing nicedamage atm and my current font is nice, just is alittle pixled ;P

Deleted
    I think this happens because the font is rendered using a lower font size and the rendered "image" is then resized.

If I'm right, there's no real solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    I think this happens because the font is rendered using a lower font size and the rendered "image" is then resized.

If I'm right, there's no real solution.
    Unfortunately, this is correct. The text is rendered to a flat image, then that image is simply scaled up on critical strikes or at higher resolutions, which is why you don't get crisp images.

Now, I could be mistaken, but I think I remember someone on that other wow leaks forum (you know the one...) saying that in a recent beta patch, all of the default combat text was being converted from scaled rendered bitmaps to true vector text. Of course, since that forum has since been taken offline (*cough*), I can't really go back and find out for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fex View Post
    Unfortunately, this is correct. The text is rendered to a flat image, then that image is simply scaled up on critical strikes or at higher resolutions, which is why you don't get crisp images.

Now, I could be mistaken, but I think I remember someone on that other wow leaks forum (you know the one...) saying that in a recent beta patch, all of the default combat text was being converted from scaled rendered bitmaps to true vector text. Of course, since that forum has since been taken offline (*cough*), I can't really go back and find out for sure.

This was the case, but somehow they changed this back to the old version.
    I don't know why and don't know when exactly, but both on Cata Beta servers and the 4.01 Beta Servers, the damage text is back to the old pixelated version. I can confirm that on both Servers the vector based text was there.

I PRAY TO BLIZZARD that they change this back to the vector based version. It is just a horrible thing to look at now. Seriously, this really annoys me extremely.

I anyone has any information regarding this, please post!

Bumpedy-bump
    Guys think anything with this will happen in MoP?
    The current state of dmg text resolution is just godawful.. For a very brief, bright moment it looked stunning in the cata beta. Somehow blew new life into slaughtering mindless drones around the world.. [insert oposing faction]

Quote Originally Posted by fex View Post

This would be very interesting for them to do. Especially since they aren't doing the squish, wouldn't all that geometry increase the load WoW takes on your RAM? They will probably make it an option for high end computers.

I'm no expert programmer, but I was always taught to optimize all vectors as soon as possible. Although I wonder why they don't just render the damage text at both sizes? Wouldn't that be more effective than doing all the vector math?
    Last edited by Diaxx; 2012-03-21 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaxx View Post
    Although I wonder why they don't just render the damage text at both sizes? Wouldn't that be more effective than doing all the vector math?
    Well, couldn't they just render the high ress image and scale it down for normal hits?
    When it comes to programming i have no idea whatsoever with regards to what is efficient and what isn't, but it seems to me that the coding for the scaling is already in place, so it would only present a slightly higher taxing on whichever processor takes care of that? That being a few more pixles to scale?
    Or will it become a problem with AA perhaps? Dunno, firing blindly here...

Deleted
    Can anyone offer any information and help me out with Nicedamage?

I change the font I wanted to .ttf and moved the folder into my addons, however, in game no damage would show up then what so ever. Following the tutorial video I then re-downloaded separated the .ttf and the Nicedamage folder and tried it that way, but still in game no damage shows up at all, if I disable Nicedamage everything goes back to normal ofc.

I know this addon works though! Frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibuya View Post
    Can anyone offer any information and help me out with Nicedamage?

I change the font I wanted to .ttf and moved the folder into my addons, however, in game no damage would show up then what so ever. Following the tutorial video I then re-downloaded separated the .ttf and the Nicedamage folder and tried it that way, but still in game no damage shows up at all, if I disable Nicedamage everything goes back to normal ofc.

I know this addon works though! Frustrating.
    Not sure why this isn't working for you. I installed the available version of the mod from WoWInterface and it works just fine. Another addon that does the same thing is laFont:
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...41-laFont.html

Also cringing IRL at your Ichii the Killer avatar. That movie... man.

Deleted
    if you use seomthing like MSBT wouldnt that fix this problem? You can set the size of crit damage and regular damage independently.