Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes if you cannot do things then you must accept that... I would love to do a lot of things in my life like for instance scuba diving but I will never get to do it. Not because of lack of funds or being lazy it can KILL ME thanks to Bleomycin I received the 2nd time I had cancer lol. I wanted to get into cinematography but that again will never happen because I got lung and heart disease and every day is a workout just to keep myself in as tip top shape to prolong not needing a transplant lol. Some thing in life you cannot get to do. If you let yourself get depressed over it then you need to find other things to occupy your time. if you can build up the money and get the things done you want then get up and do it and great for you. If you are in a situation like I have then sorry you need to accept that and still love yourself for who you are and do what you can do in life to make it meaningful.

There are going to be times in your life where you realize what stuff matters and what stuff is just stuff...and which of that stuff is crap that doesn't matter.

I've had a few of those illuminations in my life. Once upon a time I wanted to chase dreams and do everything, but as I got into the world I realized that I would be better off focusing on what I was passionate about than trying to dabble in everything. When the world came crashing down on me a few years ago, I learned not only who my friends were etc., but I also gained a certain clarity about what matters. What I should be devoting my time to.

And then life keeps moving on. Now I have a daughter, and when I see her I know everything is for her now. Sure, I'll be able to do stuff and things etc. etc. etc. But what matters most? Her.

Not everyone will have a child, but almost everyone who ventures out to experience life will come across something that shapes their life and helps them realize, "This is it."