What is the AUX?

So I finally got my new PC from Ironside Computers. (Posted a picture of the inside in another thread if you wanted to see it) I then downloaded Speedfan to see the temperatures, I noticed something initialed "AUX" what the heck is that? Also, is 50 degrees Celsius a normal temp for it?

Deleted
    THE COMPUTER FORUM DEMANDS YOUR INFORMATION AS TRIBUTE.

(Basically, there's no way we can tell if 50 degrees is normal unless you tell us some specs and what you're doing at any given point.)

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    70c and under is perfectly safe for the CPU. Anything over that and you will want to look at extra fans, increasing fan speed, and cleaning out the fans. AUX is the acronym for auxiliary so it could be referencing auxiliary fans or power. I'd suggest looking in the help section of the program since it should tell you about everything.

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/AUX

5 options to pick from. But it most likely means "Auxiliary" yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    So I finally got my new PC from Ironside Computers. (Posted a picture of the inside in another thread if you wanted to see it) I then downloaded Speedfan to see the temperatures, I noticed something initialed "AUX" what the heck is that? Also, is 50 degrees Celsius a normal temp for it?
    Don't know what AUX is but 50° is definitely nothing to worry about. The temperature under load is more significant, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    AUX would mean a secondary fan.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou View Post
    THE COMPUTER FORUM DEMANDS YOUR INFORMATION AS TRIBUTE.

(Basically, there's no way we can tell if 50 degrees is normal unless you tell us some specs and what you're doing at any given point.)
    Okay okay!

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
    Corsair 650TX PSU
    ASRock Gen 3 Extreme 3

Right now, at idle with just my browser open and installing a game, everything is below 30C besides the AUX which jumps between 50 and 51.