Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Its Tebow time in New York?

So the new york jets aquire tim tebow for some draft picks on the next seaso. As a fan of the jets im mot sure what to think about the trade. Im back and forth right now because it can end up being good but his passing needs to step up.

So what do you guys think of the trade. Worth it or big mistake?

Deleted
    As a Denver fan, worth it. For us. I don't understand the Jets' reasoning at all.

Depending on how their WR situation plays out in the off season, he could be set up to do pretty well. He's a young QB, but has a decent amount of talent, and he might have to contend with other QBs for the position. AND he can definitely draw a crowd. I live in MN... so exitement about professional sports is pretty much relegated to reading articles and living vicariously through other teams' aquisitions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stony Steve Lemon View Post
    As a Denver fan, worth it. For us. I don't understand the Jets' reasoning at all.
    as a long time Denver fan i agree with this. Tebow's arm needs work for sure. if he can work out the kinks there then im sure he'll be a "god send" to the team, but i dont know much about the jets offense so i cant really comment on how he will work with the team.

My favorite team: Broncos
    Hooray! A real quarterback. Tebow had a miraculous ability to win, but no win was clean, or even deserved.

My second favorite team: Jets
    *@#! why are we hiring a glorified running back? Sanchez is getting in rhythm. His first years were better, but he's still a solid player. Tebow is playing roulette, and you can't win a superbowl on luck.

Quote Originally Posted by psdew1813 View Post
    as a long time Denver fan i agree with this. Tebow's arm needs work for sure. if he can work out the kinks there then im sure he'll be a "god send" to the team, but i dont know much about the jets offense so i cant really comment on how he will work with the team.
    It's not just his arm. His Quarterback IQ for the position is pretty bad. He couldn't even complete 50% of his passes last year. I know he has only started 10 games. Just add more acts to the Rex Ryan Circus i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Slonato View Post
    *@#! why are we hiring a glorified running back? Sanchez is getting in rhythm. His first years were better, but he's still a solid player. Tebow is playing roulette, and you can't win a superbowl on luck.
    maybe it was a move to scare the shit out of sanchez. he really does need a kick in the ass to get him back on track

It's a typical Jets move. Stupid. Nothing about this is a smart football decision and it's things like this that show why the Jets don't win. Why you would put something like this on a young QB like Sanchez is beyond me. I get they want to be viewed with the Giants. They want NY to be a Jets city. But this is just dumb.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    ESPN say...................

both side are still talking and even thought there is a small problem name the " recapture clause " in his contract that denver payout they want that team to repay it back and that the problem but ESPN are saying that the deal will most likely go threw but as for sanchez we don't know what is going to happen to him ?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ge-source-says
    http://www.tmz.com/2012/03/21/tim-te.../#.T2pSQNl1D_Y
    http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/repo...w-20120321-APX
    http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...all&id=8589728

i think is a good/bad movies i like mark sanchez he way better that " farve "
    Last edited by WNYIRISHGUY; 2012-03-21 at 10:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard that if they can't make the deal with the Jets he's going to the Rams. I have no problem with the Jets but the Rams.. eh, Ill pass.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rams never gonna make anyway !

10+ Year Old Account
    What a joke. The last thing the Jets needed was more fuel to the QB fire. Now they have Tebowians to deal with clambering for him to start.

Bravo Jets! Should make for some entertaining television between games.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Slonato View Post
    My favorite team: Broncos
    Hooray! A real quarterback. Tebow had a miraculous ability to win, but no win was clean, or even deserved.

Don't tell the Colts that man

I thought Broncos were going to keep Tebow as second string, but I guess his style is just way too different than Peyton. Weber it is then.

Teebow would be a great pickup for the jets!

Gonna be so funny, first INT Sanchez throws... everyone will be chanting for Tebow

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post
    It's a typical Jets move. Stupid. Nothing about this is a smart football decision and it's things like this that show why the Jets don't win. Why you would put something like this on a young QB like Sanchez is beyond me. I get they want to be viewed with the Giants. They want NY to be a Jets city. But this is just dumb.
    Because Sanchez did shit. How many games did he blow for the jets. Best move the jets did was sign Tebow to make Sanchez work for his spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Formerly of the People's Republic of Illinois
    He will make a great short yardage running back. I wish my Tampa Bay Bucs would have acquired him, even though I am a HUGE FSU fan. If you need a yard or two there is nobody better in the NFL.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexis_de_Tocqueville
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. -CS Lewis

Oh yeah!! Nothing like Tebow time in MMO Champ forums. I can't believe the Jets traded for Tebow. More controversy now with Sanchez and Tebow. I bet ALOT money Tebow did not want to go there. If the Juguar owner (Kahn) was talked out of this when Jags start 1-5 he will be so mad that everyone in Jag organization will be fired. I think Tebow is a horrilbe NFL QB and can't believe anyone traded for him but the Jags to bring in tickets.

Also this kills Tebow Time. No more is he first round pick of the original frachise that drafted him. He will be an event in NY media but he's done. He can't play. Sanchez not much better but Tebow will fade away.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2012-03-22 at 03:57 AM.