Computer Desk lighting ?

So I have a desk/hutch combo and I wanted to add some lighting on the inside of the hutch because I also use the desk as a work bench to build/mod computers. I know there has got to be a more stylish look than your average under-cabnet style florescent light tube from the local Walmart.

My vision is 20" black bars with miniature LED Bulbs running down there center.

Especially ones I could get in multiple colors or different spacings between the bulbs.
    would like to get such bars in both a crisp clear white going all around the hutch with a 2ndary set of either blue or emrald green behind them.

White ones would be used for when I actually needed bright light and the other ones would be used more for ambient lighting just to make the desk area slightly more visible in the wee hours of the morning when the overhead light is off.

Anyone know if what I described above is even somewhat achievable and if so could they point me in the right direction to acquire such lighting ?

I would go for the rope style LED lights but they don't seem to be bright enough.
    Last edited by skrump; 2012-03-21 at 08:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    So I have a desk/hutch combo and I wanted to add some lighting on the inside of the hutch because I also use the desk as a work bench to build/mod computers.

Now I know there has got to be a more stylish look than your average under-cabnet style florescent light tube from the local Walmart.
    Anyone able to lead me in the right direction to find a more stylish looking option ?
    Can you provide a pick of the space for reference?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Can you provide a pick of the space for reference?
    Sorry no pic, but the desk is essentially just a big rectangular box with 1 shelf about 6 inches from the top and its the only portion I want to light except for maybe a small light above the keyboard tray.

10+ Year Old Account
    try this website : http://www.elementalled.com/