Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

World bosses: available on both 10-man and 25-man mode?

Anyone knows if the world bosses in MoP will be available on both 10-man and 25-man mode?

They're world bosses... how the hell do you tune those for both? My guess is that they'll be 25 man.
    Keep The Beats!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalLordAtlas View Post
    They're world bosses... how the hell do you tune those for both? My guess is that they'll be 25 man.
    That was sort of my point. Hopefully they are tuned for 25 man mode; finally some 25-man love!!

Deleted
    They'll almost definitely be turned for 25man.

Deleted
    40 man hopefully !

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping for 25 as well. The big world rares in Cata pretty much required 10 at the start of the expansion (Julak-Doom, Akma'hat, and Garr), and all could be lolstomped by three or four people in LFR gear now as long as one's a tank and one's a healer. I don't want to see world bosses being three-manned by the end of the expansion, so yes, 25-man tuning, please.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Deleted
    My only concern is how the looting will work. Will it be like in Burning Crusade for example when you had people ninja-pull Doom Lord Kazzak right as a raid group of people were about to pull him? How will they combat the very likely presence of hundreds of people trying to camp them?

The only solutions I really see are either phasing the world bosses for each group (so that each raid group gets their own 'area' where the world boss is, to avoid camping/ninja'ing/hundreds of people foaming at the mouth to pull him first after a currently unknown respawn time and so on), a loot system whereby -everyone- gets loot so long as they are present and contribute to the fight in some way, or a fast respawn time for all the world bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seem to remember them being like LFR bosses in that you can only recieve loot once a week and their respawn timers being quite low, thus allowing every guild a shot?

My guess would be 25 or 40. The word World answers the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishman View Post
    How will they combat the very likely presence of hundreds of people trying to camp them?
    Um. You kill each other.

World bosses are going to function like they have since Vanilla.

My only concern is how the looting will work. Will it be like in Burning Crusade for example when you had people ninja-pull Doom Lord Kazzak right as a raid group of people were about to pull him? How will they combat the very likely presence of hundreds of people trying to camp them?

The only solutions I really see are either phasing the world bosses for each group (so that each raid group gets their own 'area' where the world boss is, to avoid camping/ninja'ing/hundreds of people foaming at the mouth to pull him first after a currently unknown respawn time and so on), a loot system whereby -everyone- gets loot so long as they are present and contribute to the fight in some way, or a fast respawn time for all the world bosses.
    I get the concern here, it's all valid. I just wanted to point out that this is a good example of why it's impossible for Blizzard to ever please everyone. Some people want there to be system and rules in place to cover every possible situation that involves lots of players. Others would rather just sort it out for themselves.

I would also like to remind everyone that this is the WORLD OF WARCRAFT, if we have to fight over a world boss, so be it. Things like mounts and gear should be representative of what you have achieved, not the goal themselves. The goal should be to engage in the activities within the game and enjoy them.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

If there is any civilized system to world bosses... people will scream for Blizzard's head.

On PVP realms anyway, the rule was always, if you can solve your problem through PVP, then it is not a problem. This goes all the way back to original Kazzak at 60, and Azuregos + the world dragons. People would log out level 1 characters at Kazzak's spawn point, to screw with guilds attempting to engage him. I know our guild tried to report this to a GM, and he just told us to kill the character -_-

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    I seem to remember them being like LFR bosses in that you can only recieve loot once a week and their respawn timers being quite low, thus allowing every guild a shot?
    I heard in a interview that the 2 world bosses will not be on the LFR since they can spawn at any time after a kill (Said Corey Stockton.)
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

I don't have a problem with pvp being an option on pvp servers, what I do have a problem with is if these bosses have mechanics that someone on *your faction* can engage while you're fighting it, and cause a wipe for your raid instead of just a death for themselves due to taunting and ruining positioning or debuffs or whatever other reason.

You can prevent the other faction from doing this simply by having a pvp squad killing people while the raid kills the world boss, but for people on your faction you just have to cry and pull again.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

I'd assume as many people as you could get to go crush one...100 man?!

Phasing world bosses.. God some of you people are just idiots. Boohoo I didn't get the world boss(es) this week because X guild has been camping them the past 2 months and I'll never get any loot.

This is something I'm sure they'll do when all you entitlement, give me my free handout bads cry long enough.

IMO they should be 40man also.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethilus View Post
    I don't have a problem with pvp being an option on pvp servers, what I do have a problem with is if these bosses have mechanics that someone on *your faction* can engage while you're fighting it, and cause a wipe for your raid instead of just a death for themselves due to taunting and ruining positioning or debuffs or whatever other reason.

You can prevent the other faction from doing this simply by having a pvp squad killing people while the raid kills the world boss, but for people on your faction you just have to cry and pull again.
    Well, obviously that can be a reportable offense. Same with PVE realms and opposing factions. If you're griefing 25-40 people, you better not care about your play time :P

Didn't they say the sapwn every few hours as opposed to the TBC which where on a 1 week respawn timer afaik

You declare guild war on them if they are in your faction and crush them!
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Deleted
    40 man if you want a chance of looting them.
    Also, "Killing the other groups" rarely works because it's either
    1) not a PvP server
    2) they are the same faction as you