Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Brewmaster Olianda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Saint Paul, Minnesota
    Posts
    1,264
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Well I don't know what consider watching? Sometimes I take a little break and watch my friend a little then I go back to lifting.
    I was kidding. And I was talking about the one guy who goes, and just watches a woman work out. There's a few people I know, who that's what they do, they go to watch sweaty bodies (that's how they've actually described it.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

  2. #22
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    I was kidding. And I was talking about the one guy who goes, and just watches a woman work out. There's a few people I know, who that's what they do, they go to watch sweaty bodies (that's how they've actually described it.)
    Yeah I know you were kidding. :P Just wanted your definition of 'watching'.

  3. #23
    Pandaren Monk Maruka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    1,854
    fat sweaty people taht grunt and dont clean their sweat off the machines, but i give them a break bc at least they are trying to better themselves and arent sitting on the couch eating chips.

  4. #24
    @OP:
    -People who occupy 2 machines at once, even though they are using one only atm.
    I do this, because I do super series(right after 1 exercise directly to another, then break). But normally I switch with another person, while I'm doing something else he uses that equipment

    @ralphie:

    Grunters and people who stare at themselves in the mirror.
    Also do this, while doing an exercise because you do want to see yourself doing it correctly (for example you have a straight back all the time at a certain exercise) and even if you do look at yourself in the mirror there's nothing wrong with that, its good motivation.

    WHAT I DO HATE THOUGH!

    Person doing 1 exercise the whole time he's there. Same thing for 1h and that's it.

    But I don't really have any problems besides that, and even then I tell him to fuckoff.

  5. #25
    Bloodhounds, as the OP said. No, really guy, I'm sitting here for 30-60 seconds between each my sets. I do three sets. I'm not getting off the machine between each one. Some machines, I have to do 6 or 12 sets, if they do more than one motion or only use one limb. Be patient. When I'm done, I'll get up and wipe it down for you.

    On the other hand, those guys are probably posting here complaining I'm that guy who just sits on a machine all day...

  6. #26
    Mechagnome natrii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lightbringer US
    Posts
    641
    people at the gym never bother me...I just wear headphones and act like no one exists, while still being polite. Though I will admit the people who want to chat with you non stop while your changing can get annoying, I mean if they would make a move it would not be that bad...but mindless chatter >.<

  7. #27
    people who move between 3 sets of equipment at once doing a quick rotation. E.G. 10 reps using a bench, 10 reps on pulldown, 10 reps on peck machine. all one right after the other, so no resting in between. repeat 3 times. like little ants running around the gym and always using the one thing i need

  8. #28
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,210
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Bloodhounds, as the OP said. No, really guy, I'm sitting here for 30-60 seconds between each my sets. I do three sets. I'm not getting off the machine between each one. Some machines, I have to do 6 or 12 sets, if they do more than one motion or only use one limb. Be patient. When I'm done, I'll get up and wipe it down for you.

    On the other hand, those guys are probably posting here complaining I'm that guy who just sits on a machine all day...
    They also constantly ask if you are done yet etc.... so fucking annoying. Some common decency please.

  9. #29
    People who want to talk to you while your listening to your ipod. I'm not wearing these earphones as an accessory people.

  10. #30
    I hate the guys who just drops the frikkin weights on the floor so it sounds like the whole country is being bombed and get so scared so i drop the weights on my feets and look for cover.
    No but seriously i hate the guys who have used something but dosent put all the weights back where it should be

  11. #31
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    fat sweaty people taht grunt and dont clean their sweat off the machines, but i give them a break bc at least they are trying to better themselves and arent sitting on the couch eating chips.
    Hey, give my chubby ass a break. ;(

    Also I hold in my grunting at all times, I grind my teeth sometimes though, which is a really bad habit.

    ---------- Post added 2012-03-21 at 11:20 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by grovely View Post
    I hate the guys who just drops the frikkin weights on the floor so it sounds like the whole country is being bombed and get so scared so i drop the weights on my feets and look for cover.
    No but seriously i hate the guys who have used something but dosent put all the weights back where it should be
    Haha, happened today, naturally everybody looks at the place the sound came from.

    Happened to me once too.

  12. #32
    The people who annoy me most at gyms are the Personal Trainers. Here are the experiences I've had with them:

    a) the day after I joined a gym to get into shape a personal trainer randomly walking by me while I am working out tells me that my pecs and abs are pathetic. I inform him that yes, that's why I joined the gym yesterday but he just kept on rambling about how pathetic my body looked. What an jackass, everybody has to start somewhere.

    b) One time my friend and I hired a personal trainer paying for 3 sessions. He absolutely killed us to the point where we could barely walk for a few days. It was such a bad experience that we never bothered to schedule the other 2 sessions even though we already paid for them.

    c) About a decade later at another gym they give you a free fitness test with a personal trainer to assess what is wrong with your body and which muscles you should focus on to correct the problems. So they told me everything that was wrong with my body, basically symptoms of sitting in front of a computer all the time since I am a software developer and spend a lot of free time playing WoW, etc. So I was like alright, can you setup a program so I can work to correct the problems? The guy was like, no, not unless you sign a contract for 3 personal training sessions per week for 12 months. I was like, I am not budgeted for that, can I pay you for just a few personal training sessions or just pay you a few hundred dollars to setup a program for me. He's like, no, you have to sign up for 3 personal training sessions per week for 12 months before I will help you. I calculated the price of what he was asking it was $9375 (with tax) on top of the gym membership. He worked for the gym. I was so outraged by this that I quit the gym. If I had $9375 to just throw away like that I'd hire a personal trainer to come to my house or buy a home gym, or maybe get a college degree and become a personal trainer myself, sheesh!
    Last edited by necromus; 2012-03-21 at 10:23 PM. Reason: grammar correction

  13. #33
    People who use 2 machines at once. I tell them to get the fuck off

  14. #34
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,210
    Quote Originally Posted by parish View Post
    People who use 2 machines at once. I tell them to get the fuck off
    Unfortunately in my case, I was the scrawnier one.

    Still had the balls to complain about it to the buff guy occupying it though. He became pretty annoyed.

  15. #35
    Not much, probably people that stare at me and I catch them by seeing them in the mirrors.

  16. #36
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,210
    Quote Originally Posted by necromus View Post
    The people who annoy me most at gyms are the Personal Trainers. Here are the experiences I've had with them:

    a) the day after I joined a gym to get into shape a personal trainer randomly walking by me while I am working out tells me that my pecs and abs are pathetic. I inform him that yes, that's why I joined the gym yesterday but he just kept on rambling about how pathetic my body looked. What an jackass, everybody has to start somewhere.

    b) One time my friend and I hired a personal trainer paying for 3 sessions. He absolutely killed us to the point where we could barely walk for a few days. It was such a bad experience that we never bothered to schedule the other 2 sessions even though we already paid for them.

    c) About a decade later at another gym they give you a free fitness test with a personal trainer to assess what is wrong with your body and which muscles you should focus on to correct the problems. So they told me everything that was wrong with my body, basically symptoms of sitting in front of a computer all the time since I am a software developer and spend a lot of free time playing WoW, etc. So I was like alright, can you setup a program so I can work to correct the problems? The guy was like, no, not unless you sign a contract for 3 personal training sessions per week for 12 months. I was like, I am not budgeted for that, can I pay you for just a few personal training sessions or just pay you a few hundred dollars to setup a program for me. He's like, no, you have to sign up for 3 personal training sessions per week for 12 months before I will help you. I calculated the price of what he was asking it was $9375 (with tax) on top of the gym membership. He worked for the gym. I was so outraged by this that I quit the gym. If I had $9375 to just throw away like that I'd hire a personal trainer to come to my house or buy a home gym, or maybe get a college degree and become a personal trainer myself, sheesh!
    You should have reported case A.

    And C was just....no words. Good for you quitting the gym.

  17. #37
    Legendary! Drugs-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Rainbow Road
    Posts
    6,086
    Guy sits on equipment to stare at himself in the mirror. People who don't clean after themselves. The self conscious girl next to you on the elliptical who keeps looking to see if they are going faster than you. (Not even concerning themselves with the resistance either)


  18. #38
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Guy sits on equipment to stare at himself in the mirror. People who don't clean after themselves. The self conscious girl next to you on the elliptical who keeps looking to see if they are going faster than you. (Not even concerning themselves with the resistance either)
    Bahahahaaha, sounds funny, but I never experienced this.

  19. #39
    Legendary! Drugs-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Rainbow Road
    Posts
    6,086
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Bahahahaaha, sounds funny, but I never experienced this.
    I think it's a thing with other girls, it's weird and really annoying.


  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by necromus View Post

    c) About a decade later at another gym they give you a free fitness test with a personal trainer to assess what is wrong with your body and which muscles you should focus on to correct the problems. So they told me everything that was wrong with my body, basically symptoms of sitting in front of a computer all the time since I am a software developer If I had $9375 to just throw away like that I'd hire a personal trainer to come to my house or buy a home gym, or maybe get a college degree and become a personal trainer myself, sheesh!
    Kinda strange, you are software developer and yet you don't have college degree? You mean you have master from university or something else?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •