a: sounds like a dickhead
b: well as you said you have to start somewhere. At the beginning it's always hard, even if you're doing really simple stuff. When I hit the gym after 2 years break I couldn't even wash my hair or drive a car because my arms hurt so bad. And getting up in the morning, just rolled out of it. But after 1 month your body should get used to it and the pain goes away. Also a lot of cardio would help with the blood flow and help with the sore muscles (might sound counterproductive but if your legs hurt, go ride the bike for 30 minutes and you're good, your whole body will stop hurting)
c: lol wat. I'd tell him to go work on his brain, it's weak.
Last edited by Weider; 2012-03-21 at 10:35 PM.
people who want to ask question about working out. I'm not a freakin gym teacher. As for the pet peeve, looks like I'm many people's since I do superset and rotation work out. Bench, flies and push up, but it takes me the same amount of time to do that 4 times then the guy next to me just benching.
I love running on treadmill, no one wants to use that. Only chicks on it, and that's motivation to run when you see that ass bouncing.
I don't personally mind. I'm not at the gym to impress anyone but myself. Those people are jerks though.
Last edited by belfpala; 2012-03-21 at 10:37 PM.
I get competitive when i'm on the treadmill. If I see someone going faster than me i'll push myself to match them. It made me go from a 4.0 run / 4.0 incline --> 5.6 run / 1.0 incline --> 7.2 run etc. I ended up doing the Chicago marathon shortly after with a time of 3:56:04, so it wasn't all bad.
I can see where someone noticing me glancing over would get annoyed by it though.
Last edited by braces; 2012-03-21 at 10:40 PM.
- Guy using the squat rack for 45min. First does squats, then power cleans, then bicep curls, then rack pulls, then bent over pulls, then shrugs. For gods sake... just because you can do everything on one rack, doesn't mean you should use the only one in the gym for almost an hour. And kinda routine uses all those lifts? a flippin bad one. Same thing happens on the cable's and certain free benches.
- People walking on the treadmill for an hour at 3mph or slower. Yes... walking on the treadmill does burn calories. But that's for a fast walk, ie 4mph or greater. Walking at 2mph is just wasting your time and keeping someone else from using a piece of equipment. Exception goes out to the very heavy and very old. Just being in the gym is a great step.
- People wearing Ed'hardy(spelling?) and designer clothes to the gym, with their gold necklaces and earnings. Yea, its cool to be in style and showing off your swag at the club, but not the freakin gym. For god's sake, at least act like you're here to workout and not just hit on the chick in her spandex.
- Very bad body odor.
The group/click thing that was mentioned earlier is always prevalent at most gyms, usually later in the evening. I've tried confronting these groups in the past. It's never ended well. They usually give some sort of excuse like... "we're doing this to motivate each other" or "you want to jump in and compete?" If you go up to them and ask.... "so.... who's is bigger?" that usually shuts them up and makes them think for a while, but like I said, its never gonna go away. To those people, lifting is a big social thing, kinda like mmo's are to this community.
Last edited by Calgus-CC; 2012-03-21 at 10:46 PM.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines....
Now, for a bit of context... I'm usually one of those fat bastards, and I don't sweat so much as I simply have buckets coming off of me (literally dripping sweat at times after a good workout)... but even *I* know it doesn't take much to wipe off the fucking machine. There's nothing worse than going over to something new, only to see a puddle of someone else's after-filth just sitting there... Blech.
"It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams
2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.
The ones who want you to buy some shakes/powder via them for a ridiculous price so they can earn some cash...
They mostly look like bulls on steroids and brag about their posture.
- I go only to the gym to have some muscles, good health and cardio... I don't intend to reach the 'hulk mode'.
When there are more people than usual and they stare at you while you are using one of the machines, hoping that'll you finish soon...
- Happens 'atleast' once a week. Those guys then chatter and lol frigging loud - in front of you - and they keep coming closer to my machine...
pervs who stare at the girls... like 90% of the time.
srsly, they know that you are watching....
You only look like a perv if you don't have chat with them....
Unless a pornstar walks /awyeah.
Orc Shaman <3 - Pandaren Monk - Orc Warlock - Pandaren Warrior - Orc Hunter - Blood Elf Demon HunterFrostwolf clan is best clan!
I want to roll a druid... still thinking about it since feral is 4 fite
People who are more obsessed with what you're lifting and what they're lifting than actually lifting.
Gym: You're doing it wrong.
And it doesn't annoy me, but people with bad form... I have to jump in and say something, I can't just leave them >.<
Last edited by willtron; 2012-03-21 at 10:44 PM.
1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
3) Crank out 15 reps
4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day
uuugh i hate when ppl just throw their weights at the floor to sound like he's awesome (i bet it has the opposite effect) or the screamers, there was a time i had to go to the gym by 5-7 Pm and there was a guy that had to scream every single time he was pushing something heavy and it echoed in the entire gym...dang i hated that. also the machine talkers...
The Girls that grunt like they are in a sexual act. I'm sitting there trying to work my abs but i just can't keep doing them because i'm laughing at the same time....DAMN YOU!
I hate in general how busy it gets after 5pm, im pidegeonholed into going only at certain times.