Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    il admit iv interupted people to correct their form, whether i was a dick or not i dont care i jsut could sit back and watch someone give themselves a nasty injury. Iv seen people do in their back deadlifting, pop their shoulders out doing too heavy bad form presses scrweed up knees from bad stupidly heavy squats.

I dont go around telling people how to correct obvious inbalances or workouts that will lead to them, might mention it to the on duty instructor or something but yeh my advice usualy is only the form of 'o shit he might hurt himself this rep let alone injuries down the line etc' as ambulance usualy = gym shut down for a bit or that area of it.

i mean if people are working out so much that they get the classic turtle back from only doing chest and bicepts....i lol at them for trying to be cool and failing!

O i also hate gyms that dont kick out or temp ban the clearly anorexic teen girls who come in and jsut go on a cardio machine for 2 hours looks like skeletor on a come down....they need to be stopped for their own good and the under 18 ones need to have their parents contacted to get them help!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcho View Post
    Can we get that information publicly?
    It depends, most of it is available through NSCA's website, which I'm sure you have to be a member of, but I get the research articles monthly. Most of the research can b found through any type of research gateway at a library.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Then you will continue to get kicked out of the gym I go to, because excessive noise is against the rules. Feel free to get your own equipment and scream all you want at home, though.
    And I choose not to go to that type of gym because it stifles the physical effect I am trying to create in my body... You choose to go there, and work out the way you do, I choose to go to the gym that I go to, which focuses on explosive lifting, when I am not in the athletic complex at the college I work at, both of which highly promote this type of behavior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcho View Post
    Can we get that information publicly?
    alot of the time good and upto date reviews / research will only be sumamrised in magazines, or you will need access to the journals online / delivered but they cost an arm and a leg! (free access from college and uni ftw!) older papers you amy be able to find through google / google scholar.

But there is alot of contrasting findings where 2 papers can both claim opposites work, one key thing to remember is different people need to train differently...so few people understand that and give advice that is perfect for them yet may suck for someone else!

Deleted
    People who only do upper-body exercises, neglecting their legs, core and abdominals.
    People who can bench +100 kilograms and who start to have an arched back (which is sad).
    People who look down on cardio training and think that it's only about pumping dumbells.
    Oh and people that don't clean up behing them!! (hate those the most!!)

10+ Year Old Account
    The people that annoy me most in the gym are the ones who talk on their cell phones while working out. I don't go to the gym to want to listen to someone elses personal conversations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only people that bother me at the gym are the ones who do not wipe down machines after drenching them in sweat, and the people that think it is appropriate to sing out loud.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by hellfellow View Post
    But there is alot of contrasting findings where 2 papers can both claim opposites work, one key thing to remember is different people need to train differently...so few people understand that and give advice that is perfect for them yet may suck for someone else!
    True. And the loud people don't bother me... I have my headphones on, focusing on my own form and motions, so I don't really notice much of what other people are doing. Being loud (grunting, yelling, dropping weights, whatever) is against my gym's rules though, all I was saying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maeseyck View Post
    People who only do upper-body exercises, neglecting their legs, core and abdominals.
    People who can bench +100 kilograms and who start to have an arched back (which is sad).
    People who look down on cardio training and think that it's only about pumping dumbells.
    Oh and people that don't clean up behing them!! (hate those the most!!)
    I used to do abdominals too, now I neglect them a lot.

And I chose to neglect legs because I do cardio (running).

Deleted
    oooo and people that think creatine is just healthy steroids! and have zero idea about what it actually does which is pretty much just a way to increase phosphate levels for faster ADP --> ATP turn over (for those who are a bit lax on biology ATP = how your body gets energy to put it in a really patronisingly simplistic and not very accurate way but i cant be bothered to explain so il just link this and tell you to read about the cycles it mentions to understand how it works :P http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adenosine_triphosphate )

Quote Originally Posted by Vanille View Post
    New year new me people, when the gym becomes flooded for the first 6 weeks of the year
    Or a) couple of weeks before Spring Break, and b) couple of weeks before beach weather!

---------- Post added 2012-03-21 at 04:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Only people that bother me at the gym are the ones who do not wipe down machines after drenching them in sweat, and the people that think it is appropriate to sing out loud.
    I second that!

I hate the people that made me give up on the gym three times, the buffed predators looking at whoever is slightly chubby only to get closer and make fun of you...

I seriously gave up 3 times so far only because of these kind of people.
    I'm not fat, i'm just a bit overweight, with a bmi of 25 i could use some workouts, but unless i find one of those "oldschool" gyms and not one of those 'bro-bars" i wont likely return.

Deleted
    This isn't really people at gym but a friend of mine that only lives off whey and no carbs, any kind of meat, or fats. Even though I try to make him see the bigger picture he just gets skinnier and skinnier... Not to mention his hormone imbalance totally screwed up his body.
    ---
    And people that spend shit loads of money every month on everything they can get their hands on, ofc fat burners being the most popular but the least needed of all.
    Last edited by mmoc7751c93762; 2012-03-21 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    People who lift with poor form. The old people who think the gym is their fucking hangout and spend 3 hours talking and 25 min lifting.

I also really really really hate most personal trainers and their piss poor broscience.
    could not have said it any better myself

1)the pricks that think they are hot shit and walk around all bowed out
    2)the idiots that sit down and chatter 10mins before each set and there is a gaggle of 4+ of them
    3)people that bump me during a set
    4)people that interrupt me during a set when it could wait 15secs.
    5)people that smell like a cross between mildew and summer sausage.

Yep thats all of it.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    1. Personal trainers who try to sign you up to hire them... this trainer was saying I could get this really good discount for him, he said he couldn't do it since the system wouldn't let him drop the price that low, this is in LA Fitness.

2. People who jump rope all around the gym like wtf... you don't need to do a full round around the gym.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanille View Post
    New year new me people, when the gym becomes flooded for the first 6 weeks of the year
    Oh yeah, god forbid people try and better themselves!*

Everything about gyms, the whole culture of it. The bros working out, the instructors, the whole darn thing. People who judge themselves on how big their muscles are or how much they can lift, it's pathetic. Just be happy with yourself, instead of always having to go on about it.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    -Those people that compare themselves to others and see somebody lifting heavier than they are, and get a little jealous. You are there for your own improvement at your own pace, don't compare yourself to others.
    - People who are dumber than a fish, thinking they are the shit and pumped up, while they only have decent biceps or something. So sad.
    - Asshats who are like predators (read: bloodhounds) to get to use a machine you are using.
    -People who occupy 2 machines at once, even though they are using one only atm.
    -People like a friend of me who recently started lifting seriously and follows a plan given to him by an instructor, I have been lifting for 3 years. He instantly thinks he knows it all and that he knows it better than me (claiming instructors are flawless and know it all).....I can get pretty angry at this. He gained a little muscle and thinks he knows it all. Oh well...
    The ones who are working out. They really piss me off.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the farmers market with my "so called girl-friend"
    OK well i got a great story for you guys, its the mother of all anoying little tidbits youll ever encounter at the gym.

About to years ago, my buddy got me to start lifting. I wasn't that great, but he was awesome at it. At one point benching 305 pounds while only weighing 148 himself, apperently thats very impresive because I sure as hell was very impresed. Any way, one day where doing are usealy routine and he gets a call, and has to leave right then and their. Hes my ride so i end up calling my mom to come get me, and waiting for about an hour for her to arrive and pick me up. In that time i decided "hey ill take a shower" so i walk into the lockeroom, disrobe, and comense the showering. Wasent too keen on it, being a very shy person, but the place was fairly empty so I though id make it quick and gtfo. In the middle of the shower an older gentelmen walked around to where I was and stared at me for an acwardly long time.

Just a Crazy amount of time.

I asked if he wouldent mind not coming so close and he says verbatim "That's a nice looking member you got their kido" directing his face at my "member". Me being the eternal optimist thinking back now,it may have been some what flatering being hit on by a man, however I was guenualy mortified at the time and walked out literaly right affter that all went down. Got dressed and decided "hey, I should probably tell someone what just happened" and went and found a worker at the gym and did just that. I am directed to someone to talk to about this and when I explained what happend the man said "oh thats teddy, he likes to do that some times".

Just so where all clear here they knew that their is an older gentlemen, whom is a member of their guy, that activly sexualy harrases men of all ages in their guy showers and do nothing about it.

All and all, its more of a funny story now that I've grown abit.

tl:dr Old people annoy me at the gym, not all old people, specifically the ones who molest you with their eyes.
    Last edited by Nbcall; 2012-03-22 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Edits for grammar and spelling :D
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    Q: What's Black, White and Asian all at the same time?
    A: Pandas. Easing racial tensions since 1999.

This is from a female perspective and I tend to spend the majority of my time in the cardio section of the gym.
    Probably the top irritating things I experience at the gym are:

1) Chicks with half their breasts hanging out of their remarkably skimpy "workout clothes". My ass they're just there to workout.

2) Mind-numbing smells resulting from those silent burps. I once experienced a stench from a guy whose breath smelled like a combination of clam chowder and the smell of zoo animals. (I feel guilty complaining about this because even I have bouts of burps when I workout and I don't know how they affect the people next to me.)

Usually I have a pleasant experience at the gym aside from these occasional occurrences.