Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Women talking on their bloody cellphones inside the gym while I am trying to focus on my reps, women bending over so that I can get a good look of their ass while I am trying to focus on reps.

Women who just can't stop talking to each other (guys tend to shut the fuck up):

"O HAI DARLIN U WOULDNT BELIEEEEVVVEEEE WHAT WE DID LAS NIGHT"

1 hour later

"SO WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO GO FOR HOLIDAYS THIS SEASON?"

Jeez.

Try finding a dungeon kinda gym where gym rats go and avoid high-end, hi-tech gyms if you are really serious on exercising, b/c that's where most women tend to go, and the moment women step into the gym things start to go south.

hehe i must say that at my new gym all of the resistance machines have their backs to the wall facing the oposite wall where all the cardio machines are facing the wall, and there was this blonde girl ont he machine straight in front of me and . . . DATASS! I'm trying to concentrate on keeping my back straight and facing straight ahead but trying to avoid staring so that i can actually do my reps >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't say there's a "type" of gym-goer that bothers me, though my gym has a few machines that face the cycling machines and only stand a few feet in front of them. It's kind of awkward to use those because you may as well be watching each other work out. Luckily I have a trainer that has his own gym and I only have to use the public gym on weekends or when I miss a session.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2012-11-14 at 01:25 PM.

The gym I go to is split in two (mostly) with the desk splitting the cardio & resistance sides of the gym, only really a problem when the finest of the gym honeys decide they're gonna gogo from the eliptical machines to do some weight training as they tend to do on a Tuesday, but it's somewhat hard for that to annoy me much - they are after all asses I could watch all day!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    People like the OP, who gives a damn about strangers in a gym, and think that 3 years of lifting = expert

Trust me, an educated trainer knows alot more about proper form than you do, unless you participate in competitions, which I seriously doubt with that attitude.
    OOF! You really had me there, except the part where you put the words in my mouth that I call myself an expert.
    Also the trainers there are scientists, yes. NO!

10+ Year Old Account
    I get annoyed by the old fucks who occupy a machine but spend 90% of the time talking... oh and those guys who grunt, i listen to my ipod now but when i first started going to the gym those guys use to piss me off.

10+ Year Old Account
    When at the gym, I usually just do my own thing and don't give a crap about what the others are doing. But I gotta say, 16-20 year olds who go straight for biceps curls on their full body workout are pretty funny.

1. People that walk around giving everyone "advice".
    2. People think that they own the gym and everyone must alter their plans to suit them.
    3. People who criticize others routines.
    4. People who don't check their weights when sharing a bench. This one really gets me because I ended up busting two fingers off my primary hand because of it and had to have them reattached.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    4. People who don't check their weights when sharing a bench. This one really gets me because I ended up busting two fingers off my primary hand because of it and had to have them reattached.
    What in the... How?

Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    What in the... How?
    Sharing an incline bench with another guy both of us doing dumb bells. He walked behind the bench and threw his bells under the seat when i was sitting down so I never saw them. I had 90s in my hand and he was 45s or 50s. When I went to set mine down I smashed my ring and middle finger on the head of his bell. Both my fingernails were on the mat, my ring finger was hanging on by some skin(doc report said only 25% of the tissue was still attached) and my middle finger was flat and looked like hamburg. Doc in the ER said they would have to be amputated but I found really good surgeon that specialized in hand injuries.

Deleted
    Sharing an incline bench with another guy both of us doing dumb bells. He walked behind the bench and threw his bells under the seat when i was sitting down so I never saw them. I had 90s in my hand and he was 45s or 50s. When I went to set mine down I smashed my ring and middle finger on the head of his bell. Both my fingernails were on the mat, my ring finger was hanging on by some skin(doc report said only 25% of the tissue was still attached) and my middle finger was flat and looked like hamburg. Doc in the ER said they would have to be amputated but I found really good surgeon that specialized in hand injuries.
    And now? Can you still use them well?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I hate gym trainers who ask you if you want to sign up for a personal trainer.

I hope you sued him. That is pretty clear negligence on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    And now? Can you still use them well?
    Ya I have about almost full use. I regrew finger nails, there was no guarantee of that since the nail beds were mangled. The only issues are that I don't have feeling in the tips of those fingers, they get stiff and swell easy, and the scarring makes holding dumb bells and things pretty rough.

I got lucky though because the ER didn't even bother to clean them and it was 15 hours before surgery. My hands were dirty from chalk and just using the equipment. Had I got an infection I would have lost both fingers.

Deleted
    Women who wear next to nothing lycra, especially the ones with massive tits.

They know men are going to naturally get a boner when watching those bad boys bounce, so why do they look at us with disgust

You sure are a grumpy bunch of people at the gym, Lol.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    People who curl in the squat rack.

Edit: -Oh and people who don't put the weights back to weight trees/racks
    -People who use 4x5kg plates for each side. There is a reason that 20kg plates exist
    Last edited by karydas; 2012-11-20 at 03:37 AM.
    ~May the goat be with you~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupture91 View Post
    I get annoyed by the old fucks who occupy a machine but spend 90% of the time talking... oh and those guys who grunt, i listen to my ipod now but when i first started going to the gym those guys use to piss me off.
    Maybe I just have low pain tolerance (scratch that, I definitely have low pain tolerance), but I always need someplace else for my mind to go. When I'm with my trainer we talk, but when I use the public gym I always bring my iPod. I can't imagine not keeping your mind occupied with music or something else when exercising.

I actually have a new most hated type in the gym thanks to an "encounter" today. I'm happily running along on the treadmill minding my own business (and enjoying some Queen) when someone is apparently having a seizure trying to catch my attention to take my headphones out, so being relatively polite I decide to do so as they clearly have something important to say. She goes "eh can you move, I need to use this treadmill" eh?!? excuse me no you don't "NEED" to use this one, I tell her that there are numerous other treadmills she's free to use, she goes to reach for the stop button while saying "naw, me and my mate need to be beside each other", just before she gets to the stop button I warn her that pressing that will end badly for all concerned. The supervisor who was just behind me walks up and asks me to stop the machine a wee second then ripped into the bint asking just what the hell she thought she was doing, that could have injured me if I was unprepared for such an action and she had no right to do so!

Bint then goes on "I'm in here this time every Tuesday!" to which the audience who was now watching disagreed, she bitched, said I was being an arse and went on the bikes instead with her mate, 15 minutes later she buggers off. As I'm signing out the staff were apologetic, turns out that she was actually a regular in the local authority facilities in the next town over but that she's got previous there for being nippy!

Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    I actually have a new most hated type in the gym thanks to an "encounter" today. I'm happily running along on the treadmill minding my own business (and enjoying some Queen) when someone is apparently having a seizure trying to catch my attention to take my headphones out, so being relatively polite I decide to do so as they clearly have something important to say. She goes "eh can you move, I need to use this treadmill" eh?!? excuse me no you don't "NEED" to use this one, I tell her that there are numerous other treadmills she's free to use, she goes to reach for the stop button while saying "naw, me and my mate need to be beside each other", just before she gets to the stop button I warn her that pressing that will end badly for all concerned. The supervisor who was just behind me walks up and asks me to stop the machine a wee second then ripped into the bint asking just what the hell she thought she was doing, that could have injured me if I was unprepared for such an action and she had no right to do so!

Bint then goes on "I'm in here this time every Tuesday!" to which the audience who was now watching disagreed, she bitched, said I was being an arse and went on the bikes instead with her mate, 15 minutes later she buggers off. As I'm signing out the staff were apologetic, turns out that she was actually a regular in the local authority facilities in the next town over but that she's got previous there for being nippy!
    Agreed she went about it horribly but would it have been so bad for you to take 30 seconds to go to another machine so she could be next to her friend? If she had asked nicer I assume you would have done that as it is not an unreasonable request.

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 02:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pucker View Post
    Women who wear next to nothing lycra, especially the ones with massive tits.

They know men are going to naturally get a boner when watching those bad boys bounce, so why do they look at us with disgust
    How you get a boner while working out is beyond me.
    Last edited by jbhasban; 2012-11-20 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jbhasban View Post
    Agreed she went about it horribly but would it have been so bad for you to take 30 seconds to go to another machine so she could be next to her friend? If she had asked nicer I assume you would have done that as it is not an unreasonable request.
    Had she made it like a civilised human being I would have considered it, however she did not act like a civilised human being and purely wanted two machines together so they could chat while walking at 2mph, they proceeded onto the bikes where they did not start any programs and chatted relentlessly until they cleared off. Where I come from you can tell people like that a mile away, I dare say it's the same the world over, they stick out like a sore thumb and this was one case and well, those are people I don't have any time for - I don't react well to people barking orders at me unless they're in a position of authority, which she most certainly wasn't. I'm not beyond reasonable requests, for example changing machines last week because the one I was on sounded like a jet engine (I had no idea as my headphones were in) when they're made in the correct manner or for valid reasons - which didn't apply here.

As for a boner while working out, possible but if it was ever in any danger of happening I'd take my glasses off - can barely see 3ft infront of me in focus without them so no boobie bouncing boners for me to worry about!