1. #781
    Quote Originally Posted by zomonk View Post
    why should i wait at all? stagger is a dot on you and thats bad. are you saying save it because it costs a chi?"
    You don't HAVE to wait, but your chi usage will suffer and you won't have enough chi to guard most of the time, as well as keep up shuffle and KS on CD. On fights where you have to PB a lot you will struggle to keep shuffle up.

  2. #782
    Quote Originally Posted by zomonk View Post
    why should i wait at all? stagger is a dot on you and thats bad. are you saying save it because it costs a chi?"
    Chi is a limited resource. If you spend too much on PB, then you lose uptime of your Shuffle buff, which means less uptime on that juicy 20% parry and 20% stagger, which means you're actually taking MORE damage because you are taking more direct damage more often. It's a balancing act, one that I discuss multiple times in my guide, if I'm not mistaken.

  3. #783
    Mechagnome Chuupag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    608
    Quote Originally Posted by zomonk View Post
    why should i wait at all? stagger is a dot on you and thats bad. are you saying save it because it costs a chi?"
    Basically you can....but you really shouldn't want to. Like was said above your other chi costing abilities would suffer. And if you are going to wipe it clean doesn't it make more sense to get the most bang for you buck to wait until you can clear alot, as long as it's not too hard on your healer, hence waiting to yellow or red stagger.

  4. #784
    thanks for the clarification guys

  5. #785
    So the guide says that gem for pure expertise if not capped and then pure haste if capped. Is this really the best way, since it feels weird when i could use agi/exp gems too for the agi bonus?

  6. #786
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    So the guide says that gem for pure expertise if not capped and then pure haste if capped. Is this really the best way, since it feels weird when i could use agi/exp gems too for the agi bonus?
    Agi is not worth 2x of a secondary stat like haste. If the gem bonus is 60 agi and you have a 60 agi 120 haste gem, 120 agi + 160 haste < 320 haste.

    If it's 120 agi, then yeah you'll want it.

    No such thing as an agi/expertise gem because they're both red gems.

  7. #787
    Aah ok thanks. Not sure if the gem was agi/hit or something, cant check it now since servers are offline.

  8. #788
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Agi is not worth 2x of a secondary stat like haste. If the gem bonus is 60 agi and you have a 60 agi 120 haste gem, 120 agi + 160 haste < 320 haste.

    If it's 120 agi, then yeah you'll want it.

    No such thing as an agi/expertise gem because they're both red gems.
    I get that Agi is not worth 2X haste, but what you said here is 1 agi is not even worth 1.3 haste, which I find hard to believe. Is there any reason for this?
    Edit: I also noticed you comparing 60+120 stat gem with a 320 stat gem. the agi / haste version of the gem equivalent to the 320 haste gem is 80 + 160. And after looking again your post contradicts itself since you say 60 agi 120 haste at first, then 60 + 160 right after. Would you mind looking at that gemming problem again with the correct stats in mind?
    Last edited by zucchellij; 2012-10-17 at 02:36 AM. Reason: More info / question

  9. #789
    No, you're right. I'm trying to raid and answer questions during offtime and I'm distracted.

    I was thinking of a 60 NON-agi socket... a 60 agi socket, as long as you use an agi / secondary and not a stamina / secondary or agi / stamina (unless you're easily hit capped), it'll be better. Stamina isn't amazing for gemming unless it's a biiiiig EH fight.

  10. #790
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    No such thing as an agi/expertise gem because they're both red gems.
    This was my thought as well, then they make this to screw with my head. It's not a red gem, but the same principle applies.

  11. #791
    So another question. What is the best heroic weapon to use? I got ghostheart and the staff from snowdrift, but ive seen some people using the one from the monk guy in scarlet monastery?

  12. #792
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    So another question. What is the best heroic weapon to use? I got ghostheart and the staff from snowdrift, but ive seen some people using the one from the monk guy in scarlet monastery?
    Depends if you prefer DW or 2h..

    Honestly the best itemized one are the fist weapons from Siege of Niuzao Temple unless you can reach the expertise cap without having to reforge or gem into which i doubt you can. http://www.wowhead.com/item=81286 thats the weapon.

    Staff wise Ghostheart is your best choice from heroic dungeon drops.

  13. #793
    The Lightbringer SurrealNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurhlag View Post
    Staff wise Ghostheart is your best choice from heroic dungeon drops.
    For LFD any weapon(s) that don't have mastery are fine. Technically Ghostheart is the best 2H but the other 2H is a Crit/Haste weapon too it just has less haste so is ranked lower I believe. At that gear level you HAVE to reforge to get hit/expertise capped so only thing to avoid is Mastery which is a total waste in the reforge process at that level.

    I'm using Firestorm Greatstaff just because I wanted to transmog the staff =)

    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

  14. #794
    I see what happens tonight. I am going full Mastery for Feng Heroic 25 Man. Last night I was getting pummeled with 15% exp hit cap and haste stacking. I was able to shift the stagger about 6% without losing any HP keeping hit cap losing exp hard cap.

  15. #795
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalya View Post
    Double Colossus. Might try some Windsong with the RPPM, and see how it works out. Got the mats already made for Dancing Steel, and just need a couple thousand rep for the recipes - and some suitable weapons, of course.
    so you're sure you get "more" procs of it then 1x Colossus + X ?

  16. #796
    Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    I see what happens tonight. I am going full Mastery for Feng Heroic 25 Man. Last night I was getting pummeled with 15% exp hit cap and haste stacking. I was able to shift the stagger about 6% without losing any HP keeping hit cap losing exp hard cap.
    I don't think it is stagger that is your problem on Feng. His melee doesn't hurt as much as the magic especially during black phase. Black phase is the only one I am having major issues with currently, but I think it was just because my main tank was taunting off at 4 stacks versus 3. Arcane, Fire are a cake walk.

    We haven't put any effort into looking at the epicenter buff yet, Thursday I will be looking at that since we need to get the interrupt on epicenter down.

    Granted maybe I have badass healers though. After arcane they are usually sitting at about 85-90% mana.

  17. #797
    Mechagnome Avalya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by naZbaZ View Post
    so you're sure you get "more" procs of it then 1x Colossus + X ?
    Currently trying out Windsong as well, didn't notice much of a difference - might stick to it since I go DPS once every full moon or so.

    @Judgment, try taunting off at 2 stacks - you'll have enough time to reset the stacks easily, and you take way less damage. The lightning phase seems to be the only iffy one. I would suggest reforging for hit and exp soft cap, then go haste > crit > mastery, AND gemming stamina to get your HP pool up (it's basically only magic damage), try to match socket bonuses as well, they're usually worth it. Also don't forget to use Avert Harm + Zen Meditation on a non-bubbled Earthquake or Arcane Vortex.
    Last edited by Avalya; 2012-10-17 at 09:55 PM.

  18. #798
    Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    I see what happens tonight. I am going full Mastery for Feng Heroic 25 Man. Last night I was getting pummeled with 15% exp hit cap and haste stacking. I was able to shift the stagger about 6% without losing any HP keeping hit cap losing exp hard cap.
    You shouldn't be having problems with feng so much that you have to change to mastery.

    I've killed him twice now, granted on 10 man, with 15% expertise etc. Most of the damage is from the dot so if your late with taunting/ don't use Diffuse Magic properly then you'll take a truck load of damage.

    If you link some logs it might help shed some light


    On a different note:

    Got Dancing Steel on both my weapons and had a nearly 50% uptime on most fights.
    Last edited by Nurhlag; 2012-10-17 at 10:26 PM.

  19. #799
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurhlag View Post
    You shouldn't be having problems with feng so much that you have to change to mastery.

    I've killed him twice now, granted on 10 man, with 15% expertise etc. Most of the damage is from the dot so if your late with taunting/ don't use Diffuse Magic properly then you'll take a truck load of damage.

    If you link some logs it might help shed some light


    On a different note:

    Got Dancing Steel on both my weapons and had a nearly 50% uptime on most fights.
    Do you really still value expertise hard cap that much? I just don't see the point in it any more since the spread sheet was counting our bubbles as being able to crit. I actually feel like I gained more damage reduction by not hardcapping.

  20. #800
    Mechagnome Avalya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by Judgement27 View Post
    Do you really still value expertise hard cap that much? I just don't see the point in it any more since the spread sheet was counting our bubbles as being able to crit. I actually feel like I gained more damage reduction by not hardcapping.
    You gain damage reduction from haste/crit, you gain self healing as well as the occasional Keg Smash that would've missed (thus losing 1 chi) from expertise. All of those stats (and hit obviously) are really close (after exp soft cap), go for whatever suits you the most.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •