1. #1161
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    I'm getting pretty close to the haste "soft cap" (think I'm at 13.13 regen) do you think that is a legit cap? Have you tried stacking haste beyond that? Don't think I've read anyone that has experimented with being at vs above that cap.

    I plan to do the same thing and start stacking crit to improve EB stacks and I really love that ability. Hitting it before each Thrash on Sha and rarely watching my health budge was really satisfying.
    So your not at 15% of experties? is it that you mean?

  2. #1162
    The Lightbringer SurrealNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    So your not at 15% of experties? is it that you mean?
    Correct, I tried out the Expertise hard cap a few raids and swapped back.

    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

  3. #1163
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Correct, I tried out the Expertise hard cap a few raids and swapped back.
    So what is your statwaight then?

    All this talk about expertise hard cap or not is very confusing :S

  4. #1164
    The Lightbringer SurrealNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,503
    Outside of trying to put me in the Stam meta I'm happy with AMR's current setup: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/stormrage/rikimu

    I did use the "force hit/expertise soft cap" option. Technically any % over 7.5% for expertise isn't wasted anyways so it's just a little bit of extra hit that it costs you. Just a warning AMR will give some weird results at different gear levels, only now do the default stat weights line up the way I want them too. I usually had to tweak the agil/hit/expertise ratings to get the forging and gemming results I was after. So it helps to know what exactly you are trying to accomplish before using a site blindly.

    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

  5. #1165
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    I'm getting pretty close to the haste "soft cap" (think I'm at 13.13 regen) do you think that is a legit cap? Have you tried stacking haste beyond that? Don't think I've read anyone that has experimented with being at vs above that cap.

    I plan to do the same thing and start stacking crit to improve EB stacks and I really love that ability. Hitting it before each Thrash on Sha and rarely watching my health budge was really satisfying.
    I honestly don't feel like I need more haste is all I can say. I've not experimented with going beyond 13.33 so can't really comment on whether it is better or not. But being at 13.33 means I almost always have enough energy for what I need to do, I'm not struggling to keep Shuffle up, and it just feels nice.

    Yeah I don't do math. I do feelings. xD And yeah, can't wait to give Sha of Fear a go and see how we do with Thrash! Seems like we're perfect for that mechanic, haha.

  6. #1166
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    I honestly don't feel like I need more haste is all I can say. I've not experimented with going beyond 13.33 so can't really comment on whether it is better or not. But being at 13.33 means I almost always have enough energy for what I need to do, I'm not struggling to keep Shuffle up, and it just feels nice.

    Yeah I don't do math. I do feelings. xD And yeah, can't wait to give Sha of Fear a go and see how we do with Thrash! Seems like we're perfect for that mechanic, haha.
    We certainly can be perfect on Thrash. I had plenty of times when I just dodged or parried all three. Combine that with Guard, and I was a breeze to heal when I was tanking the Sha.

  7. #1167
    thought id make a BrM spec try it out. doesnt seem to be definitive answers on exp hard cap or not and why(mafs pls)? seems ridiculously more complicated than my pally or druid tank but also way way stronger. i see 13.33% haste mentioned several times, why(mafs pls)?

    ty for any help

    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/anachronos/Beerfist/simple

    ps: not allowed to post links, nice...

  8. #1168
    Weird question perhaps, and couldn't find any info on it, but the brewmaster 4pc, does it work on just your own guards or also on guards put up by statue? Sorry if this has been answered before, tried search for it but couldn't find it.

  9. #1169
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Weird question perhaps, and couldn't find any info on it, but the brewmaster 4pc, does it work on just your own guards or also on guards put up by statue? Sorry if this has been answered before, tried search for it but couldn't find it.
    Blindly quoting that guy from EJ:
    Quote Originally Posted by Netukka
    Got 4 set today and was wondering the same thing. After fast target dummy testing the answer is YES, the 4pc bonus does work for Statue shields too.

  10. #1170
    Do anyone already have calculation for the 'haste soft cap' with new Acsension talent (if it still goes live)? How much haste will we need to be on 13.33 energy/sec?

    edit #1:
    Or can it simply be calculated as follows:
    13.33 e/sec = 10 + 3.33 = 10 + (1.5 + 1.83) => we need 18.3% haste, 425.19 haste rating per 1% equals

    18.3 * 425.19 = 7781 hr?

    edit #2:
    ...and in raid, where we get 10% melee haste buff, we will need only

    8.3 * 425.19 = 3535 hr?
    Last edited by seigert; 2012-11-27 at 12:31 PM.

  11. #1171
    The 10% melee haste buff is actually only attack speed, as far as I know. It won't affect your energy regen at all. EDIT: You know I've never actually checked this. I really should. Trying to find confirmation online somewhere about this.

    As far as how Ascension interacts with the 13.33 haste cap... I don't know. Your calculation seems solid there, but I'm not much of a mathy person, so we'd need someone a lot more mathematically inclined to answer that one.

  12. #1172
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    The 10% melee haste buff is actually only attack speed, as far as I know. It won't affect your energy regen at all. EDIT: You know I've never actually checked this. I really should. Trying to find confirmation online somewhere about this.

    As far as how Ascension interacts with the 13.33 haste cap... I don't know. Your calculation seems solid there, but I'm not much of a mathy person, so we'd need someone a lot more mathematically inclined to answer that one.
    I never noticed my energy regen in the char screen changing with the 10% melee haste buff.

  13. #1173
    Yeah, I'll check when I log on tonight. I've never noticed my energy regen changing either, but it's just one of those things that suddenly hits you and makes you question what you previously assumed to be true.

  14. #1174
    The Lightbringer SurrealNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,503
    After doing some work in HoF last night I was really happy with my energy regen being very close to 13.33 I think that is really all the haste that I need. Just at the point where I'm having to carefully watch my energy and Chi to make sure I'm not capping either finally. When KS, Power Strikes, and a fairly full energy bar line I'm usually racing to burn off resources which is a great feeling compared to struggling to find Chi for a PB or something.

    Haven't 100% decided where I'm putting resources after 13.33 but right now I'm leaning towards Crit first.

    Questions on 5.1
    1) I didn't see Ascension in the patch notes, did the haste buff go live with this patch?
    2) Does Power Strikes proc off any attack once the ICD is off or still have to Jab?

    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

  15. #1175
    Just checked online and it's clear to me that I don't understand something: while I have 5992 hr and 14.1% haste, respectively, my energy replenishment rate is 12.55 e/sec

    Here is link to armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...D1%83/advanced

  16. #1176
    I am also at ~13.2 energy per sec. I used haste potion + armor potion till now. What do you think? Crit + armor potion now? or will agi flask be better?

  17. #1177
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    After doing some work in HoF last night I was really happy with my energy regen being very close to 13.33 I think that is really all the haste that I need. Just at the point where I'm having to carefully watch my energy and Chi to make sure I'm not capping either finally. When KS, Power Strikes, and a fairly full energy bar line I'm usually racing to burn off resources which is a great feeling compared to struggling to find Chi for a PB or something.

    Haven't 100% decided where I'm putting resources after 13.33 but right now I'm leaning towards Crit first.

    Questions on 5.1
    1) I didn't see Ascension in the patch notes, did the haste buff go live with this patch?
    2) Does Power Strikes proc off any attack once the ICD is off or still have to Jab?
    Go crit. I have no math or logs, but the difference in survival was big for me.

    Power Strikes is activated by Jab, Soothing Mist & Lightning.

  18. #1178
    The Lightbringer SurrealNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarjack View Post
    Go crit. I have no math or logs, but the difference in survival was big for me.
    What do you think about backing out some +320 Haste gems into agil/haste instead before moving on to crit? Figured at that point the +agil would be more valuable over all.

    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

  19. #1179
    Mechagnome Chuupag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    586
    So I've been running a very crit heavy build of late just to see what it can do. Logged on today, switched from Power Strikes to Ascension, and I'm sitting at 13.34 energy regen with only 2437 haste rating. I'm DW and that is completely unbuffed. Anyone else seeing haste taking a nose dive on the stat weights?

  20. #1180
    it's only like 2350 haste rating outside of raid buffs with ascension for 13.33 energy/s, which is hilarious because it was 9300 before. :[

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •