1. #2061
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    Be careful with your aggro after the other tank taunted. Maybe you want to drop your vengeance to build up shuffle.

    i have another question or problem maybe. because our DK tank isn't that much happy about DPS, i'm the one who is speccing into Windwalker when there is only one tank needed like Windlord. So i have some "shared" gear and WW gear only. For my shared gear i put agility into the red one. agi/hit and agi/crit in yellow and blue. so my question is, would you guys change the gems everytime you change the specc or would you reforge crit/haste into exp?
    short: agi>haste/crit?
    I don't bother changing gear at all. It's not really optimal, but it gets the job done and I do decent DPS.

  2. #2062
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    I don't bother changing gear at all. It's not really optimal, but it gets the job done and I do decent DPS.
    Pretty much. If you're using the agility over stam route it's close enough i've found.

  3. #2063
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahalya View Post
    Dunno if I read well cause don't have much time (coffee pause), but you should NEVER, as a tank, get hit by 2 OA on Blade Lord HM. If you do, you are doing wrong cause I never took 2 OA. I take the boss first, then my mate taunt juste before the second OA on me. And from now then, I just taunt him during each "Vaccum cleaning" (yeah we call it this way ), the new skill of BL HM. The second OA is ALWAYS just after is new skill with this timing.

    As far as Unseen Strike is concerned, we were doing right but last night I saw some strange things if pepople are lagging a bit ... Cone on NOONE (cleary appeared at 90° from the target which is strange, but some poeple died. It's clearly bugged sometimes).
    I always take 2 OA since a well timed Guard negates most of the dmg anyways. I tank with a paladin and he times his Shielf of right so he also takes less dmg.

    We have a Disc priest though, which helps out with a HUGE shield

  4. #2064
    I keep my guard for Unseen strike bad negociated. Don't you think you'd better of take only one OA just cause it's doable and avoid RNG ?

  5. #2065
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahalya View Post
    I keep my guard for Unseen strike bad negociated. Don't you think you'd better of take only one OA just cause it's doable and avoid RNG ?
    We rarely take any significant dmg from unseen strike due to a disc priest. And i feel the tank rotation is much smoother when you run 2 OAs

  6. #2066
    Dw about over aggroing the other tank, there is an insanely easy fix to it; just switch into Windwalker for a bit (its more dps anyway), and you get to keep your vengeance. Shuffle really isn't an issue, even if youre running Asc with sub 4k haste, you cna keep shuffle up when you need it.

    There are of course exceptions, like building up a bit of shuffle before retreat, but that doesn't barr you from using WW completely, just about 30 seconds before a Retreat.

  7. #2067
    Anyone here who has done challenge modes that could tell me, that would it be better to just get a 463 heroic set for stamina/mastery set, or just go with my crit/haste raiding set? Im not going to bother changing my gems and enchants every time i would do them, so would it be worth the effort?

  8. #2068
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Anyone here who has done challenge modes that could tell me, that would it be better to just get a 463 heroic set for stamina/mastery set, or just go with my crit/haste raiding set? Im not going to bother changing my gems and enchants every time i would do them, so would it be worth the effort?

    You really want to emphasize haste/crit for your CM gear set, stam/mastery works against your strengths as a unique spec for CMs. You are basically a Vengeance powered AoE overlord. The amount of damage youll be taking, wont be mitigated enough by an increase in mastery/sta because of how your comp will have to chain cc's together. Instead, all you can do is maximize your dmg done, and shuffle up time.

    Your damage taken does not matter, as long as you don't die. The price of playing BrM is that, ifyou do large pulls, youll need heal spamming after CCs run out, but youll also get pulls done way faster, so your healers can sit down to drink at oppurtune moments..

    So yea, haste all the way, then crit.

  9. #2069
    Ok thanks. The going for stamina came into my mind, after getting two shotted at 92% hp by the mobs after houndmaster, but i quess we need to just chain our cc:s better and interrupt the casts.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    . You are basically a Vengeance powered AoE overlord.
    Thanks for the chuckles.

  10. #2070
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Ok thanks. The going for stamina came into my mind, after getting two shotted at 92% hp by the mobs after houndmaster, but i quess we need to just chain our cc:s better and interrupt the casts.




    Thanks for the chuckles.
    Ya sounds like a holy fire hit you (or more then 1 depending on how much you pulled).
    Thats a killer.

  11. #2071
    The Lightbringer SurrealNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    We rarely take any significant dmg from unseen strike due to a disc priest. And i feel the tank rotation is much smoother when you run 2 OAs
    Are you doing 10m or 25m? There is a noticeable gap in damage done per strike between the two. Plus the OA that follows Unseen Strike can scatter your healers and leave you below max health for the strike (though you should have a CD rolling).

    Just have one tank taunt after Blade Tempest and the other taunts after (or just before) Unseen Strike and you wont have to worry about it. One shot it last night with zero deaths outside of some people failing the gauntlet =P

    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

  12. #2072
    any macro guide or similiar out there for BrM? i find my monk abit chunky due to so many things i have to press in such a short period of time:s

  13. #2073
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    any macro guide or similiar out there for BrM? i find my monk abit chunky due to so many things i have to press in such a short period of time:s
    This is called skill .

    Even Blizzard admit it, a great skill is required to play monk. There is macro, but none of them will make you play great as a BrM. You have edit to get a good keybinding and know how to slice your fingers on your keyboard.

  14. #2074
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahalya View Post
    This is called skill .

    Even Blizzard admit it, a great skill is required to play monk. There is macro, but none of them will make you play great as a BrM. You have edit to get a good keybinding and know how to slice your fingers on your keyboard.
    Or a good gaming mouse.

  15. #2075
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    any macro guide or similiar out there for BrM? i find my monk abit chunky due to so many things i have to press in such a short period of time:s
    What sort of macros are you looking for? That said, any sort of cast sequence macros or putting two abilities together in the same keybind (for example, Expel Harm and Jab, set up to Expel Harm when off cooldown, Jab otherwise) is just doing yourself a disservice. They'll make the class easier to play, certainly: but you'll take a hit to your survivability/DPS/self-healing by doing so.

    You're far better off simply keybinding every useful ability (there have been a few posts recently about what keybinds people use, in fact!) then committing those keybinds to memory; then you can know, instinctually, what you need to press to counter each situation thrown at you. Yes, it takes a while to learn. Yes, it's going to feel awkward and clunky while you do so. When you do learn it though? It's very rewarding and very fun.

    EDIT: And yes, get a decent gaming mouse with more than the usual 2 buttons and a scroll wheel. It makes such a huge difference.

  16. #2076
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    What sort of macros are you looking for? That said, any sort of cast sequence macros or putting two abilities together in the same keybind (for example, Expel Harm and Jab, set up to Expel Harm when off cooldown, Jab otherwise) is just doing yourself a disservice. They'll make the class easier to play, certainly: but you'll take a hit to your survivability/DPS/self-healing by doing so.

    You're far better off simply keybinding every useful ability (there have been a few posts recently about what keybinds people use, in fact!) then committing those keybinds to memory; then you can know, instinctually, what you need to press to counter each situation thrown at you. Yes, it takes a while to learn. Yes, it's going to feel awkward and clunky while you do so. When you do learn it though? It's very rewarding and very fun.

    EDIT: And yes, get a decent gaming mouse with more than the usual 2 buttons and a scroll wheel. It makes such a huge difference.
    thing is. i have arthritis so i cannot have certain bindings that is far away for example ctrl + 4-5 or shift with F/G n suchs. n i cannot tollerate to klick as tank. thats just meh... i use a razer naga but after a while the klicking on it everywhere makes my fingers hurt

  17. #2077
    Ah. That would make it more awkward.

    Unfortunately I'm not aware of any resource for macros... What you could do is use modifier macros. As in, press a button by itself and it does one thing, but if you hold down ctrl and that button it does something different. That'd reduce the number of keybinds you need. Could also use shift for that purpose. I can't remember the exact terminology for those types of macros though.

    So to use my example, you could use button 3 for Jab, then ctrl + 3 for Expel Harm. Something like that. Then shift + 3 would be Keg Smash, perhaps. That's all your Chi generators in a single macro/keybind, depending on which modifier you have held down.

    WoWpedia has an article on macros, I believe. In fact: http://www.wowpedia.org/Macro_API

    There also appear to be guides for making macros on the right. Should get you started, at least.

  18. #2078
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Ah. That would make it more awkward.

    Unfortunately I'm not aware of any resource for macros... What you could do is use modifier macros. As in, press a button by itself and it does one thing, but if you hold down ctrl and that button it does something different. That'd reduce the number of keybinds you need. Could also use shift for that purpose. I can't remember the exact terminology for those types of macros though.

    So to use my example, you could use button 3 for Jab, then ctrl + 3 for Expel Harm. Something like that. Then shift + 3 would be Keg Smash, perhaps. That's all your Chi generators in a single macro/keybind, depending on which modifier you have held down.

    WoWpedia has an article on macros, I believe. In fact: http://www.wowpedia.org/Macro_API

    There also appear to be guides for making macros on the right. Should get you started, at least.
    I have a decent amount of my skills keybound this way. I wound up doing it for my brewmaster and am still getting used to it but it works nicely.

  19. #2079
    or just have some more actionbars, and you dont have to have macros 3 abilitys, then you just have 3 abiltys keybinded differently. if it takes to much space, make the bar invisible.

  20. #2080
    Quote Originally Posted by imoom View Post
    or just have some more actionbars, and you dont have to have macros 3 abilitys, then you just have 3 abiltys keybinded differently. if it takes to much space, make the bar invisible.
    doesnt that mean i have to klick everything?

    also. trying now to bind tab+1 etc. but doesnt seem to be able to do that with tab? or do i need some addon for that?
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2013-02-01 at 03:35 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •