1. #1701
    Of course the Voodoo Doll damage goes both ways, the version that the tank receives isn't any different than the one put on the other two players. It's just not going to amount to much since the only damage they can take outside of Dolls is from Shadow Bolts.

  2. #1702
    Shadowbolt damage isn't staggered, everything else is.. so no infinite loop

  3. #1703
    Guys just a quick question: does the 4 set bonus work on the guard of the statue?

  4. #1704
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Guys just a quick question: does the 4 set bonus work on the guard of the statue?
    Yup

    /10chars

  5. #1705
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    Shadowbolt damage isn't staggered, everything else is.. so no infinite loop
    And with that simple sentence, quite a few posts could have been avoided. I can't believe I forgot Stagger doesn't do magic damage.
    Enjoyed Draenor questing. If you ignore the end of Nagrand, it's almost as good as 5.0.

  6. #1706
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    And with that simple sentence, quite a few posts could have been avoided. I can't believe I forgot Stagger doesn't do magic damage.
    Yet it will work on the bosses Shadowy Attacks, which are actually magical and not physical (Right Hook, Left Cross, Hammer Fist, Sweeping Kick)



  7. #1707
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Yet it will work on the bosses Shadowy Attacks, which are actually magical and not physical (Right Hook, Left Cross, Hammer Fist, Sweeping Kick)
    Shadowy Attacks can NOT be staggered, they can however be parried/dodged/blocked.

  8. #1708
    Quote Originally Posted by Valsh View Post
    Shadowy Attacks can NOT be staggered, they can however be parried/dodged/blocked.
    That's sort of a theme in this expansion. Kind of like Shadow Blades (Rogue) and I guess Wind Ascendance (Enhancement Shaman), I would assume.
    Enjoyed Draenor questing. If you ignore the end of Nagrand, it's almost as good as 5.0.

  9. #1709

  10. #1710
    I have a question i've glanced through alot of the pages. What is the exact haste pt/energy regen pt we should aim for before going full on exp cap.

    Atm Im working with 7.5 hit/9.8 expertise and about 5300 haste when should I stop reforging full on haste?

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 09:26 AM ----------

    I have a question i've glanced through alot of the pages. What is the exact haste pt/energy regen pt we should aim for before going full on exp cap.

    Atm Im working with 7.5 hit/9.8 expertise and about 5300 haste when should I stop reforging full on haste?

  11. #1711
    Personally I run with Ascension and go for 14 energy per sec. I've gone for the expertise hard cap and 7.5 hit. Never had trouble on normals and find this build still good for our hc progression runs. If I do come to an encounter where I'm chi starved from bigger hits I'd drop ascension and go for 13 energy per sec with power strikes but keep my other caps as they are, the dps they give me is awesome.

  12. #1712
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahalya View Post
    No Madgod, that's not how the real life works. I dunno what's your professional level / grade, but it's not by chance that experienced ones are your "n+1".
    In a situation, you'll find by your mathematics that "A better than B". Would you still say that to Mr.X, 10 years experiments if it tells you to do B because it's better for many reasons you don't see because of your weak experiments ? If yes, there is a reason why you're still beginner (I'm not telling you you are of course, just in a case of situation). Learning from other experiments is a part of Neuro-Linguistic Programming tool to improve many things.

    Many of you would be under my technical lead in a computing environement, and yet I would'nt argue with numbers (but fact yes, you are right. I would explain a situation where it happens / the causes and, more importantly the CONSEQUENCES (risks) when telling you to do B instead of A.

    Risk is what destroy maths.

    Cause probability to happen Risk Result
    A C1 [0-9] / 10 (or [0-1[) [0-9]/10 Risk * probability to happen


    This is how you do a risk analysis, and belive me, if result is higher with A just because of "Risk" value, you'll do B whatever math tell you.
    In a raid context, suppose many tries, where people are tired ... the last try, everyone do right, they play well ! And ... the "probability to happen" comes true this try... "ho shit, with (for example) mastery / stam I would have survived". Mates will "hate" you, for sure (gently).

    There is a reason why many BrM from top guild are wearing mastery / stamina. As far as I'm concerned, on Empress for example, I'm starting the adds with FB and not EB at 9 stacks at most (even both !), because it's a "reliable" source of controling input damage where the input CAN be deadly. That is experiment, not maths. I died once (first try), I decided then to be more "reliable" to my mates => stam / all reducing damage CD first, then probability CD (what you do if you don't avoid all hits from 4 adds ? he, you hit the floor even with EB up ... !) and stays stationary to do more DPS (which make you stay alive longer in fact). Not had to wear mastery yet, but stam HOOO YESS.

    Just please consider what Gynshon and other are telling you. Numbers act as an "intellectual proof" for sure, but experiment sometimes more, that is how real life is.
    While experience is required, just because one has experienced something doesn't mean their anectodal evidence is correct. I agree on the fact that maths alone is also not enough. There is a reason why high end guild tanks wear mastery/stamina it's because their healers can handle it, although once you get higher end gear it is just laziness as in the higher end gear you would be more of an asset not using those stats, but hey if that's how you learn an encounter and can defeat it, why bother to change?

    Anyway I have to say that you critizing MadGod's post and saying "you would be below me in a computing environment" where you start from saying anectodal evidence is superior to theoretical math and then going on to do a risk analysis makes you out to be a clown.

  13. #1713
    Quote Originally Posted by Weethor View Post
    Personally I run with Ascension and go for 14 energy per sec. I've gone for the expertise hard cap and 7.5 hit. Never had trouble on normals and find this build still good for our hc progression runs. If I do come to an encounter where I'm chi starved from bigger hits I'd drop ascension and go for 13 energy per sec with power strikes but keep my other caps as they are, the dps they give me is awesome.
    Hmm..if I go ancension I am 14.33 energy regen I might try it out.

  14. #1714
    Quote Originally Posted by Niz View Post
    While experience is required, just because one has experienced something doesn't mean their anectodal evidence is correct. I agree on the fact that maths alone is also not enough. There is a reason why high end guild tanks wear mastery/stamina it's because their healers can handle it, although once you get higher end gear it is just laziness as in the higher end gear you would be more of an asset not using those stats, but hey if that's how you learn an encounter and can defeat it, why bother to change?

    Anyway I have to say that you critizing MadGod's post and saying "you would be below me in a computing environment" where you start from saying anectodal evidence is superior to theoretical math and then going on to do a risk analysis makes you out to be a clown.
    Though I appreciate the backup, I'd rather we not go back to that debate. I think I've proven my point. This guy's rather wonky on several levels.

  15. #1715
    [484] So I just tanked (LFR) Bladelord for the first and I really want to ask: in normal mode, do you swap at two stacks or one because I was taking most of my HP in damage on a regular basis (didn't die because great healers and I solo enough to be like tweaked-out ninja on those self-heals and defensive cooldowns) and I get the feeling a few missed dodges/parries and I'd have been screwed when those OS landed.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2012-12-29 at 09:28 PM. Reason: ilvl
    Enjoyed Draenor questing. If you ignore the end of Nagrand, it's almost as good as 5.0.

  16. #1716
    It's been a while since I did normal, but I don't recall being able to switch after 1 due to timers lining up. On heroic though, you can switch after one. Due to other boss timers that come up in heroic, he doesn't do it as often. We have our DK take the first two OS hits, then I taunt and we start every other OS.



  17. #1717
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    [484] So I just tanked (LFR) Bladelord for the first and I really want to ask: in normal mode, do you swap at two stacks or one because I was taking most of my HP in damage on a regular basis (didn't die because great healers and I solo enough to be like tweaked-out ninja on those self-heals and defensive cooldowns) and I get the feeling a few missed dodges/parries and I'd have been screwed when those OS landed.
    Two stacks. Basically on the second stack, have Guard and Dampen Harm up and you'll be fine. May need to PB immediately afterwards but yeah, shouldn't be an issue with proper CD management.

  18. #1718
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Two stacks. Basically on the second stack, have Guard and Dampen Harm up and you'll be fine. May need to PB immediately afterwards but yeah, shouldn't be an issue with proper CD management.
    We need Guard AND Dampen Harm to survive the second stack? Haven't tried non lfr so just curious. The next logical question is, I think, will both of those cds be up every time you need them to be?

  19. #1719
    Quote Originally Posted by thedr8993 View Post
    We need Guard AND Dampen Harm to survive the second stack? Haven't tried non lfr so just curious. The next logical question is, I think, will both of those cds be up every time you need them to be?
    You should only need one of them. I only use one of them even on Heroic mode.

    And no they won't be up every time if you have to use both.

  20. #1720
    maybe this was asked before but, its worth using Glyph of Guard on non-magic nor high physical damage taken bosses? (see normal stone guards for example), if the correct dog overloads, there is just a minimal damage taken, nothing that would kill you. Guard here would be up every 30 seconds unless you go to a cobalt mine, and you would have a 30% healing buff with 100% uptime, but no like you need THAT healing either..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •