1. #1841
    If you're comparing me, go ahead. I just hope data is comparable enough. (i'm already going to take another look at my gear when I log on next lol)
    Last edited by Alucin; 2013-01-13 at 10:33 PM.

  2. #1842
    Quote Originally Posted by Alucin View Post
    If you're comparing me, go ahead. I just hope data is comparable enough.
    I wasn't, but if you want to see what I am talking about.... here is a log of Me versus Sunnier on Heroic Elegon.

    http://raidbots.com/comparebot/50f33...200055d#damage

    I can add one of you and me hold on.

    Alright here is You and Me on Heroic Spirit Binder.

    http://raidbots.com/comparebot/50f33...9000859#damage
    Last edited by Wreckage827; 2013-01-13 at 10:41 PM.

  3. #1843
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckage827 View Post
    I wasn't, but if you want to see what I am talking about.... here is a log of Me versus Sunnier on Heroic Elegon.

    http://raidbots.com/comparebot/50f33...200055d#damage

    I can add one of you and me hold on.

    Which server are you on?
    Blackrock, us.
    Didn't do elegon this week, last week though if you think that's a good fight to choose.

    I'm not exp capped though, my stats are all in the middle on the way to somewhere... So it may not be valid for your point but may still help me.
    Does that just use world of logs data?

  4. #1844
    Quote Originally Posted by Alucin View Post
    Blackrock, us.
    Didn't do elegon this week, last week though if you think that's a good fight to choose.

    I'm not exp capped though, my stats are all in the middle on the way to somewhere... So it may not be valid for your point but may still help me.
    Does that just use world of logs data?
    It is a good fight just to see the rotation and when people are using their cooldowns because they take spikes from celestial breath etc. I was just giving you an idea of what you can kind of look at.

    For this fight I know you and I both logged it so we can see both below and up top for you specifically.

    You can also see that we both gained about the same elusive brew stacks. It is probably just when you decide to use it that will play into how much damage you are taking.

    From the damage taken I think you tanked him from 20% down as well, because you took a lot more damage than I did. Maybe you didn't.

    Yea you just add your characters specific parse from world of logs to the compare bot then whoever elses to it.

    The other thing I notice is the large amount of damage you are doing to the voodoo targets. If you are getting enough elusive brew stacks you should try to use Elusive brew at 12-15 stacks and about 2 seconds before the sweeping kick that way you have elusive brew up for the next two sweeping kicks.

    If you scroll down you can add all sorts of other stats like how often you got parried etc.
    Last edited by Wreckage827; 2013-01-13 at 11:05 PM.

  5. #1845
    Voodoo damage was me thinking that stagger damage didn't get passed on I think. I already know that mistake lol. EB I was using whatever I had as shadowy attack was coming.even if it was only 3 stacks. My generation is very sporadic.
    We also went a full minute longer than you for the kill which would also explain damage taken.

  6. #1846
    Quote Originally Posted by Alucin View Post
    Voodoo damage was me thinking that stagger damage didn't get passed on I think. I already know that mistake lol. EB I was using whatever I had as shadowy attack was coming.even if it was only 3 stacks. My generation is very sporadic.
    We also went a full minute longer than you for the kill which would also explain damage taken.
    Yea the point of all of this is just to show you there are tools out there that will help improve your tanking skills. I mean there will always be people that are out there that blame their damage spikes on parried keg smashes, but that really isn't the case.

    If you need more chi for things then you should try using Power Strikes versus Ascendance. I generally do that for Heroic Will.

  7. #1847
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckage827 View Post
    Yea the point of all of this is just to show you there are tools out there that will help improve your tanking skills. I mean there will always be people that are out there that blame their damage spikes on parried keg smashes, but that really isn't the case.

    If you need more chi for things then you should try using Power Strikes versus Ascendance. I generally do that for Heroic Will.

    I'm in power strikes all the time.
    My chi generation is fine, but I'm probably getting half from haste, half from exp.
    I was aiming to get to 13.34 regen, but last I looked I was 12.5 and that had been a struggle.

    So chi is ok, but I feel I'm short on eb generation at the moment. so I guess I pick haste or exp, and then try to start stacking crit.

  8. #1848
    what % crit are ppl shooting for? I'm at 25% unbuffed so ~30% raid buffed. Should I go higher? Definitely taking out the extra exp I had for haste and maybe even extra stam as our guild progresses.

  9. #1849
    Quote Originally Posted by thedr8993 View Post
    what % crit are ppl shooting for? I'm at 25% unbuffed so ~30% raid buffed. Should I go higher? Definitely taking out the extra exp I had for haste and maybe even extra stam as our guild progresses.
    Haste everywhere you can and crit wherever you can't get haste. Use this until 5.2 and then it's crit all the way! (maybe alittle haste, need some more testing to be 100% sure!)

    If you play 25-man maybe you can skip out some haste for crit but you shouldn't be aiming for a certain % crit. You should be aiming for a certain amount of energy/s and then take w/e crit you can and be happy with it.

  10. #1850
    Yeah, as far as I know there's no real crit % to aim for. Get the amount of haste you feel comfortable with, then get more crit is the general rule of thumb. After getting the amount of hit/exp you want, of course.

    I should probably change some of my haste into crit...

  11. #1851
    Awesome, just what I wanted to hear. I feel like my EB stacks r generating just fine (even though I'm using a 2h doesn't seem to b a problem) and I definitely could use more energy regen so that's perfect. Thanks!

  12. #1852
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckage827 View Post
    I wasn't, but if you want to see what I am talking about.... here is a log of Me versus Sunnier on Heroic Elegon.

    http://raidbots.com/comparebot/50f33...200055d#damage

    I can add one of you and me hold on.

    Alright here is You and Me on Heroic Spirit Binder.

    http://raidbots.com/comparebot/50f33...9000859#damage
    I think you can't compare dps on elegon..it depends a lot of the adds spawn and debuff stacks

    http://raidbots.com/comparebot/50f3f...a0002bf#damage

    Look at my weapon, look at my trinkets
    Last edited by ashedora; 2013-01-14 at 12:05 PM.

  13. #1853
    Quote Originally Posted by ashedora View Post
    I think you can't compare dps on elegon..it depends a lot of the adds spawn and debuff stacks

    http://raidbots.com/comparebot/50f3f...a0002bf#damage

    Look at my weapon, look at my trinkets
    Am I in the windwalker thread? What does the increased damage buff have anything to do with how often you use guard or use elusive brew? I think my friend you missed the entire point of this posts. I encourage you to read through them again.

    When looking at those parses you shouldn't even be looking at damage done or dps.

  14. #1854
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckage827 View Post
    Am I in the windwalker thread? What does the increased damage buff have anything to do with how often you use guard or use elusive brew? I think my friend you missed the entire point of this posts. I encourage you to read through them again.

    When looking at those parses you shouldn't even be looking at damage done or dps.
    Haha just read a few pages back and it seems that we were debating the role of a tank earlier...survival vs damage taken/mitigated vs damage done ect.
    Anyways, I think he was referring to stacks on the boss debuff, increasing damage done in the fight and how long you take to kill pylons dropping more adds, in turn increasing AOE dps, Attack power and Vengence (and the size of your guards, I assume).

  15. #1855
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdrood View Post
    Haha just read a few pages back and it seems that we were debating the role of a tank earlier...survival vs damage taken/mitigated vs damage done ect.
    Anyways, I think he was referring to stacks on the boss debuff, increasing damage done in the fight and how long you take to kill pylons dropping more adds, in turn increasing AOE dps, Attack power and Vengence (and the size of your guards, I assume).
    Even if he was referencing that, none of that has anything to do with what I was posting about.

    I read posts saying that people are lacking chi from parried Keg smashes so they find expertise capping to be the best route to smooth out damage. I showed an example in a similar thread that it wasn't that the individual was missing chi for her mitigation, it was just the sheer fact the person wasn't even using her abilities.

    Example:
    Heroic Elegon she took 21 Celestial breath during the entire encounter. She casted guard only 4 times. If you only cast guard 4 times while you are tanking Heroic Elegon of course you will spike.

    Anyways I hope that helps

  16. #1856
    Nub monk here. I saw a video saying I should be using glyphed guard, for the increased self healing. Only thing is guard was very good in those oh shit moments before. What are your experiences? How should I play?
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

  17. #1857
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    Nub monk here. I saw a video saying I should be using glyphed guard, for the increased self healing. Only thing is guard was very good in those oh shit moments before. What are your experiences? How should I play?
    Using glyphed guard solely for the increased self heals is a bad, bad idea. Or well, the only way I can see it being a good idea is if damage on you is relatively low but healers are busy elsewhere, so you have to keep yourself healed up. But even then, you'd probably be better off with the actual shield itself absorbing damage, rather than buffing your self heals.

    I wonder where this 'glyph guard, it buffs self heals!' idea came from anyway? A lot of people seem to fall into that trap.

    Anyways, as you can tell, I don't believe in glyphing guard for the self heals alone. If the fight is a heavy magic fight? Yeah, go for it! Otherwise, no. The actual shield itself is far more useful.

  18. #1858
    Out of curiosity, is anyone still using AMR with the WW spec selected instead of BrM since AMR weights stam so heavily? And if you are using it, what's your experience with it? Work well?

  19. #1859
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    I saw a video saying I should be using glyphed guard, for the increased self healing
    Glyphed Guard is bugged and only increases the healing of Expel Harm, not Chi Wave and Healing Spheres.

  20. #1860
    Quote Originally Posted by Morion View Post
    Glyphed Guard is bugged and only increases the healing of Expel Harm, not Chi Wave and Healing Spheres.
    Source? Or clarification on what you mean, really. That seems odd.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •