Did WW survivability get nerfed for WoD?

Hi, guys,

I have a question to the ones in beta:

How is WW survivability compared to live, considering that spheres were replaced by 30energy/1.5sec cast Surging mist?

I'd say survivability is exactly the same, ToK does the same thing, all our defensives remain unchanged, as does our mobility. It's just our self-healing which isn't much to rely on most of the time. We do still have EH and the 45 talents that all provide some self-healing too.

It's hard to says how the self-healing is really affected till they start tuning numbers.
    14/14H WW/BrM Monk | Armory | EPeen | WoWHeroes | Ascent | WoWProgress

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    I'd say survivability is exactly the same, ToK does the same thing, all our defensives remain unchanged, as does our mobility. It's just our self-healing which isn't much to rely on most of the time. We do still have EH and the 45 talents that all provide some self-healing too.

It's hard to says how the self-healing is really affected till they start tuning numbers.
    This. Monks feel pretty much the same, maybe a bit slower since cost of Jab went to 50e (up from 40e) but gameplay wise were close to what are they on Live currently.
    New talent, Chi Explosion (replaces BoK) makes rotation a bit more fluent as it can be cast from 1-4 chi. When cast with 3chi it generates 1chi, its Combo Procs refund 2chi back, which makes chi generation a bit more easy. Tigereye brew generation went to 1stack per 6chi (up from 4chi) but with higher chi generation it feels the same.
    Second talent worth noting, Serenity, makes us burst on demand, with 1.5m CD.
    Since we lost Healing Sphere our self healing went down a bit. Its compensated somewhat with Surging Mist that we got, but in current build its minor healing and hardly ever valuable to keep it on your active action bar.

Currently due to lower haste all energy classes feel slower, but overall Windwalker monks suffer minor changes and gameplay feels the same/similar as on Live.

Biggest Monk changes hit Mistweavers who are, currently, in odd place.

Quote Originally Posted by Eno View Post
    Since we lost Healing Sphere our self healing went down a bit. Its compensated somewhat with Surging Mist that we got, but in current build its minor healing and hardly ever valuable to keep it on your active action bar.
    I agree with everything but this. Yes the healing is low (I'd compare it to current ele shaman healing surge), but still pretty good: at least in a pvp setting, I see beta streamers using it in arena for pretty good results (especially considering your teleport is much more random to predict because there's no longer a cast time on it).

How the healing is now may not be the same when its live as there hasn't been a numbers tuning pass yet. This makes it almost moot to talk about the numbers of the abilities/heals. Theoretically moving from an instant cast heal to a cast time lowers your survivability to a degree regardless of the numbers; you can be interrupted and have to stop moving making you an easier target. However, until they start tuning numbers its impossible to tell how it will be when its live.
    14/14H WW/BrM Monk | Armory | EPeen | WoWHeroes | Ascent | WoWProgress

Thanks all for the replies.

I just stumbled upon a change that seems too significant to ignore, because it will boost survival greatly - FSK and roll can be controlled, i.e. used around corners. Any word on if this is official or a bug? Because I didn't find it in the official patch notes

Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    Thanks all for the replies.

I just stumbled upon a change that seems too significant to ignore, because it will boost survival greatly - FSK and roll can be controlled, i.e. used around corners. Any word on if this is official or a bug? Because I didn't find it in the official patch notes
    It's a bug, been confirmed a few times.
    Theorycrafting is on hold until the WoD beta is far enough along for number tuning to happen.