1. #2401
    Agility increases crit % for monks as well :P. It's just rating right?
    Monk main Casual

    people putting quotes in signatures are often retarded according to science.

  2. #2402
    Umm i am kinda not sure to go for pure secondary stats or just keep on my stamina build, i have started with secondary stats gems and ignored stamina at beginning but i was getting 1 shot from some of the bosses abilities but when i went to stamina still the same issue but i have more survivability
    and kinda not sure to keep on my stamina build or get back to the secondary stats

  3. #2403
    The Lightbringer SurrealNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    Agility increases crit % for monks as well :P. It's just rating right?
    From my testing gemming Agil will result in more passive dodge and AP but less Haste/Crit overall. In my gear it turns out to be:
    Agil: ~1000 AP, ~0.50% dodge
    Agil: ~1000 extra rating towards Haste/Crit

    The slight passive dodge and AP boost isn't worth what comes out to be a rather large difference in Crit and Haste % values. FYI you'll see agil gems in my slots as I've been using my WW spec a bit more and they are better for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selfcontrol View Post
    Umm i am kinda not sure to go for pure secondary stats or just keep on my stamina build, i have started with secondary stats gems and ignored stamina at beginning but i was getting 1 shot from some of the bosses abilities
    I would have liked to seen some logs of those events. I'm willing to bet it was either a) super undergeared for the fight b) lack of heals c) letting buffs drop or not using CD's properly.
    Last edited by SurrealNight; 2013-02-20 at 04:52 PM.

    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

  4. #2404
    Quote Originally Posted by Selfcontrol View Post
    Umm i am kinda not sure to go for pure secondary stats or just keep on my stamina build, i have started with secondary stats gems and ignored stamina at beginning but i was getting 1 shot from some of the bosses abilities but when i went to stamina still the same issue but i have more survivability
    and kinda not sure to keep on my stamina build or get back to the secondary stats
    If you're getting one shot by certain abilities, I'm 100% positive you could've done something to prevent it: Guard, EB, Dampen Harm, Diffuse Magic, not letting the boss get so many stacks, didn't DPS it hard enough, whatever it may be. I highly doubt that low stamina would've been your issue. You even say that when you did gear for stamina, you still had the same one shotting issue, so that's not your solution.

    I can't think of a specific boss that requires a certain level of stamina to survive. There's some bosses where getting a bit of extra HP helps, but all you'd do there is swap to a couple of stamina trinkets, maybe a couple of items that have stamina enchants instead of agi, that sort of thing. Nothing so drastic as a full re-gear to prioritise stamina.

    Assuming you have the correct gear level (i.e. not undergeared), then getting extra stamina just isn't needed beyond maybe swapping to a couple stam trinkets. That's it. If you're having survivability issues, you're probably not using your active mitigation correctly. To be absolutely sure, we'd need combat logs to analyse.

    This reply also works for Acidbaron, with added iteration that there's no real required stamina level for any boss. Just get the gear, and you'll get enough stamina.

  5. #2405
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    If you're getting one shot by certain abilities, I'm 100% positive you could've done something to prevent it: Guard, EB, Dampen Harm, Diffuse Magic, not letting the boss get so many stacks, didn't DPS it hard enough, whatever it may be. I highly doubt that low stamina would've been your issue. You even say that when you did gear for stamina, you still had the same one shotting issue, so that's not your solution.

    I can't think of a specific boss that requires a certain level of stamina to survive. There's some bosses where getting a bit of extra HP helps, but all you'd do there is swap to a couple of stamina trinkets, maybe a couple of items that have stamina enchants instead of agi, that sort of thing. Nothing so drastic as a full re-gear to prioritise stamina.

    Assuming you have the correct gear level (i.e. not undergeared), then getting extra stamina just isn't needed beyond maybe swapping to a couple stam trinkets. That's it. If you're having survivability issues, you're probably not using your active mitigation correctly. To be absolutely sure, we'd need combat logs to analyse.

    This reply also works for Acidbaron, with added iteration that there's no real required stamina level for any boss. Just get the gear, and you'll get enough stamina.
    I am pretty sure that i am using my cds on the correct time, i will be logging tonight for the raid with stamina build
    because it is kinda hard to tank will hc atm as i am trying to survive but i just couldn't

  6. #2406
    Quote Originally Posted by Selfcontrol View Post
    Umm i am kinda not sure to go for pure secondary stats or just keep on my stamina build, i have started with secondary stats gems and ignored stamina at beginning but i was getting 1 shot from some of the bosses abilities but when i went to stamina still the same issue but i have more survivability
    and kinda not sure to keep on my stamina build or get back to the secondary stats
    No information whatsoever if you talk about 10n/hm, 25n/hm.
    But i agree with Kisho. If you get one shotted by anything else then Sha of fear 25 heroic with a bad luck streak then some more stamina probably wouldnt have saved you either since its probably some big issue at work here.

    Iam only 10/16 10m heroic but so far i haven't met a boss were i thought "Damn 50k more hp would have made a difference".
    For normals the stamina you get from the gear in that instance should be more then enough.
    Ofc if you try to tank heroics in 463 gear you might wanna focus on stam and mastery. Else you probably get more bang for your buck point by point with other stats.

  7. #2407
    Well the first time i cleared all these raids was with 478 ilvl with crappy gear thats why i have been forced to go stamina gear but right now with 493 i am not sure to go back with the secondary stat build or not
    i would link armory if this site let me

  8. #2408
    Quote Originally Posted by Selfcontrol View Post
    Well the first time i cleared all these raids was with 478 ilvl with crappy gear thats why i have been forced to go stamina gear but right now with 493 i am not sure to go back with the secondary stat build or not
    i would link armory if this site let me
    You need a post count of 10 to post links. Please don't spam your way there, though!

    Quote Originally Posted by Selfcontrol View Post
    I am pretty sure that i am using my cds on the correct time, i will be logging tonight for the raid with stamina build
    because it is kinda hard to tank will hc atm as i am trying to survive but i just couldn't
    Yeah willing to bet that it's because you don't have externals active or your AM timing's off.

  9. #2409
    Quote Originally Posted by Selfcontrol View Post
    Well the first time i cleared all these raids was with 478 ilvl with crappy gear thats why i have been forced to go stamina gear but right now with 493 i am not sure to go back with the secondary stat build or not
    i would link armory if this site let me
    The only, and I mean only fight heroic wise I have used any extra Stam on is lei shi. Even then I only used Stam trinkets flask and food so I could take more stacks if needed.

  10. #2410
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckage827 View Post
    The only, and I mean only fight heroic wise I have used any extra Stam on is lei shi. Even then I only used Stam trinkets flask and food so I could take more stacks if needed.
    ^^ This. Lei Shei is about Stam. Nothing else really matters, but flask, food, trinket is all that is needed.

    Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

  11. #2411
    So...hum...Hi XD

    Im searching for ways of improving my tanking as a monk, got finaly a core in my server and I think im doing fine, we are in the second boss of HoF at moment and I didint get any major problems until now, but I think i can improve more and would love some tips or considerations, maybe Im doing something wrong ( I started without really searching builds, going more about what I thinked would help) so...yeah, Skipped some maths

    Cant link my armory I think, so, I would really aprecciate if someone could link and help

    my monk name is Eijy, server is Tol-barad, Im at the moment the strongest in gear of the ally side, the one above me is quiting wow so Im dont have any people there to have a nice chat =/

    Thanks for the help since now! XD

  12. #2412
    Quote Originally Posted by Eijy View Post
    So...hum...Hi XD

    Im searching for ways of improving my tanking as a monk, got finaly a core in my server and I think im doing fine, we are in the second boss of HoF at moment and I didint get any major problems until now, but I think i can improve more and would love some tips or considerations, maybe Im doing something wrong ( I started without really searching builds, going more about what I thinked would help) so...yeah, Skipped some maths

    Cant link my armory I think, so, I would really aprecciate if someone could link and help

    my monk name is Eijy, server is Tol-barad, Im at the moment the strongest in gear of the ally side, the one above me is quiting wow so Im dont have any people there to have a nice chat =/

    Thanks for the help since now! XD
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Eijy/advanced Assuming this is you?

    For starters, you could enchant your gear. You're also .3% too high on hit. Your mastery's very high. Are you comfortable with your chi generation?

    You're somewhat mismatched in your gemming choices. You're going for a mix of agi and haste and your other spec's mistweaver, so while agi does help you it doesn't help you as much as haste and crit respectfully. You also have an Austere meta gem, which is an arguable choice if you're having EH issues, but if not then getting a pure crit one would probably benefit you more since you have 2 piece.

    You're also missing a glyph, and there's still other glyphs that are useful to you (and in my opinion, much more useful than the two you're currently using). You would have to provide logs of your tanking to really give us a good feel as to how well you're doing though.

    You can post links once you have a post count of ten, but please don't spam your way to it... be constructive

  13. #2413
    Ok, lemme see if I can answer all well this, and it's me

    1: I'm tryng to find a enchanter to help with that XD the ones selling in the AH are taking alot of money and Im not rich, sadly the enchanter of our guild is on vacations, so this part Im working out o/

    2: Then it's better I cut my agi gems and put more crit and haste? I see...Well, about the Austere gem I just picked up thinking a little more stamina wouldnt hurt, but I will give a try to full crit...If doesnt work, I will make it work

    3: Im still thinking which glyph put and well, would love tips about what you think are more useful sadly I dont have tanking logs -.- I got my core, like, two days ago, my legs I got helping a friend and his core and...the rest is RF stuff with upgrades, not counting the gloves of the sha of anger

    But I will start to registry, I just got like ''ok, I want to get better for the team'' and got here, Im still fresh in all the monk deep stuff XD
    Last edited by Eijy; 2013-02-21 at 05:18 AM.

  14. #2414
    1) Okay, fair enough. Just, you know, you asked for an audit, and it was the first thing I saw :P

    2) I would say so yeah, at least in terms of min-maxing. You can check the gemming section of this guide for the priority if you go that direction. More health doesn't really hurt, but it's really not that necessary. Even in heroic modes at most you'll just want a trinket, flasks, and food. Gemming and enchanting for stamina isn't really that necessary.

    3) I typically roll with Glyph of Zen Meditation, Glyph of Breath of Fire (it works like an interrupt, kinda, on trash... no real use on bosses though), and Glyph of Fortifying Brew. I'll switch out BoF's glyph for Guard's on magic-heavy fights. You could probably use SCK's glyph here instead of BoF's, but really I find both to not provide too much of a benefit during encounters.

  15. #2415
    Instead of glyph of fire breath, I'd go with enduring healing sphere. For bosses. Spinning crane kick is often quite useful too.

    For tay'ak, it's really about those cooldowns. guard being up for your second overwhelming strike. It's a good idea to have EB on around that time to avoid more of the other melee hits

  16. #2416
    On the current PTR build Healing Spheres and Gift of the Ox will heal you even if you are at full health. This is very unfortunate, because it could lead to wasting a lot of GotO spheres.

  17. #2417
    Blizzard is kinda genius.

    "We heard you dont like rune trinket much because loosing stats in favor of boosting one to a point where it probably stops making sense is bad so here have double the boosted stat".

    I guess it could be awesome with crit on fights where you tank all the time. Mastery COULD be intresting but is out of the picture since i doubt i will wasting stats to push it on top just for the proc.

    So i guess it stays a bad trinket for BrM?
    I kinda had hopes they would do something like just lose half the stats and boost one still for 100%

  18. #2418
    Any time you get 200% of something, there's probably going to be a way to abuse it for some degen dps gains. I'd personally be OK with the way this trinket functions as it stands after the fix.

  19. #2419
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    Blizzard is kinda genius.

    "We heard you dont like rune trinket much because loosing stats in favor of boosting one to a point where it probably stops making sense is bad so here have double the boosted stat".

    I guess it could be awesome with crit on fights where you tank all the time. Mastery COULD be intresting but is out of the picture since i doubt i will wasting stats to push it on top just for the proc.

    So i guess it stays a bad trinket for BrM?
    I kinda had hopes they would do something like just lose half the stats and boost one still for 100%
    I'm still concerned about the loss of all your haste or crit, but the buff makes me think twice about the trinket now. Losing all your haste isn't too bad, provided you have some Shuffle uptime banked (and have the T15 set bonus for free PBs), so getting a metric asston of crit would be pretty fun. It's the sort of proc that would need to be watched very carefully, however.

    We'll see. It could work, provided you watch it carefully. But we already have a lot to watch out for, so y'know. Somewhat related, I find it fascinating that Blizzard openly admitted they wanted to give the players a mechanic that can be gamed for extra benefit.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 01:14 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by djtravitrav View Post
    Any time you get 200% of something, there's probably going to be a way to abuse it for some degen dps gains. I'd personally be OK with the way this trinket functions as it stands after the fix.
    This is very true too. All that crit... Going by my current stats:

    6192 haste
    1398 + 3000 (raid buff) = 4398 mastery

    6192 + 4398 = 10,590 x 2 = 21,180 crit rating

    7024 crit rating = 11.71% extra crit

    Based on my stats, it's ~600 crit rating per 1% of crit (I could be wrong on this, but that's what my stats seem to suggest)

    Ergo, 21,180/600 = 35.3% crit gained during the proc.

    Added to my current crit chance, that's 31.92 + 35.3 = 67.22% crit chance during the proc!

    That, plus our set bonuses (increasing the value of crit and decreasing the value of haste), means the trinket could work pretty well in our favour. Also bear in mind that the numbers I'm quoting above are T14 values: it'll only get better in T15.

    It's a trinket to keep an eye on now, at the very least.

  20. #2420
    Even receiving the crit benefit from autoattacks during that 10 sec proc window is amazing, so I think everyone should take another look at what this trinket can do for Brewmasters. Also, the fact that it may be proccing twice a minute now by the sound of it, is even more ridiculous.

    I also believe you may be misreading the proc however, at this point it only adds together your secondary stats that aren't your highest. So say you have 7000 crit, 5000 haste and 1500 mastery. When the trinket procs, you -5000 haste -1500 mastery and +6500 CRIT, which in this case would still be worth nearly 10% crit.

    Never mind, I re-read what you wrote, you're fine. But I'm also not sure it counts mastery buff, if it does that would be pretty baller.
    Last edited by djtravitrav; 2013-02-21 at 01:29 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •