1. #2681
    High Overlord BalwickZaik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    169
    Got the Shado-pan trinket today after dinging friendly from one of the summon quests; amazingly good, even for the hit it gave me. Allowing me to run 6k on Haste/Crit with Hit and Exp at 2550 at ilvl 494. Anyway, back at Horridon I found tanking much easier once I started purifying after every Triple Puncture and running glyphed Guard with Zen Sphere up all the time; got my damage taken down to between 34-38k DPS, inline with the other tank AND was pumping out a solid 95k DPS of my own. Saving Xuen for after a switch so he can go vengeance filled and furious on the next troll tribe was very effective.

    Edit: Oh yeah, and 10k HPS on my part too
    Last edited by BalwickZaik; 2013-03-11 at 11:16 AM.

  2. #2682
    Thanks for the tips on horridon all! Loving zen sphere, was quite nice to have it trigger when dipping low, followed by an expel harm. Xuen could tank all adds like a boss.
    Going council tomorrow and got 2 questions: is it possible to solo-interrupt either sul or the priestess? And can they be disarmed (especially curious for sul)?

  3. #2683
    No you can't solo interrupt them, they rly love to cast, you'll need 2-3 15sec CD interrupters if you wanna completely lock her out.

  4. #2684
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Thanks for the tips on horridon all! Loving zen sphere, was quite nice to have it trigger when dipping low, followed by an expel harm. Xuen could tank all adds like a boss.
    Going council tomorrow and got 2 questions: is it possible to solo-interrupt either sul or the priestess? And can they be disarmed (especially curious for sul)?
    No you cant solo interrupt sul, need 3 I think to keep him perm interrupted. And disarm dont work either, pro tip is to make sure hou got a 15 stack of elusive brew for when the frost king does his Frigid assualt that way you can ignore tank switch. If you tank living sand be ready to roll out when they die..
    My 10 man 2 nights 6 hours a week raiding guild at 14/14 heroic recruting for WoD and Mystic
    www.avalerion.eu

  5. #2685
    Dreadlord Ciarán's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Wandering Isle
    Posts
    787
    Still haven't gotten past Horridon after yesterday, but now it's no longer because I fall over, the tips really helped. Now we just need the hunter to wake up and get the Frozen Warlord off of me with MD on door 3 while I tank Horridon.

  6. #2686
    Quote Originally Posted by Zambal View Post
    No you cant solo interrupt sul, need 3 I think to keep him perm interrupted. And disarm dont work either, pro tip is to make sure hou got a 15 stack of elusive brew for when the frost king does his Frigid assualt that way you can ignore tank switch. If you tank living sand be ready to roll out when they die..
    Do you guys have more feedback regarding Elders? Especially tips for me. Our setup is: brewmaster, prot warrior, rest shammy, resto druid, holy pala, rogue, warlock, hunter, mage, shadow priest.

  7. #2687
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Do you guys have more feedback regarding Elders? Especially tips for me. Our setup is: brewmaster, prot warrior, rest shammy, resto druid, holy pala, rogue, warlock, hunter, mage, shadow priest.
    Use cd dueing frigid assault, that was the only thing that hurt me, interrupt sul on cd, you should take the living sand and burst them down, dont forget leg sweep when they are about to die and roll out, also need a range to interrupt sul once after so he moves away. Your worlock should be able to slow all the adds from the priest but if not throw you barrels on them to keep them slowed.

    Dont forget to move from the charge...
    My 10 man 2 nights 6 hours a week raiding guild at 14/14 heroic recruting for WoD and Mystic
    www.avalerion.eu

  8. #2688
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Do you guys have more feedback regarding Elders? Especially tips for me. Our setup is: brewmaster, prot warrior, rest shammy, resto druid, holy pala, rogue, warlock, hunter, mage, shadow priest.
    My guild also runs w/ a Brewmaster and Warrior. I tanked Mar'li and the warrior did Sul/Frost, because I could Leg Sweep/Keg Smash/Clash the Loa Spirit.
    Warrior tanked Sul/Frost on the left side, Me on the Right, he would soak the first stun with major CDs, so we got more cleave damage on Sul, and from then on I would taunt off rotating my major CDs during Frost. I stayed on Mar'li interrupting as much as possible until she died, everyone else focused Sul. We managed to kill Sul before he got empowered, using Lust at the start. By doing this we completely avoided the Living Sand, although in previous attempts when we couldn't, I just treated them like normal aoe but strafed backwards more as they started to die.
    We ended up 2 healing for our kill, with a hpal and disc priest.
    Here's our logs:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5s...?s=2128&e=2622
    Skarn being the Prot Warrior, Me being Badger.

  9. #2689
    Quote Originally Posted by dreffen View Post
    It's a shame because mastery stacking could be interesting? There was some person who was toying around (and posted the numbers on the Brewmaster tank thread on the battle.net forums) with the Rune of Re-Origination with mastery being the highest stat for the proc usage and it seemed different and/or interesting enough to look into.
    I hate proc trinkets as a tank with slight exceptions for the "if you drop under 35%, here's a shield/heal/avoidance proc" variety. We don't get many/any of those as brewmasters. I have to think that RoR, which will be very nice for WW, would end up proccing exactly when I don't need it as a brewmaster, e.g. RoR procs killing my EB generation when I need crit for an upcoming dread thrash type ability. I doubt I would ever equip that particular trinket as a brewmaster.

  10. #2690
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggety View Post
    I hate proc trinkets as a tank with slight exceptions for the "if you drop under 35%, here's a shield/heal/avoidance proc" variety. We don't get many/any of those as brewmasters. I have to think that RoR, which will be very nice for WW, would end up proccing exactly when I don't need it as a brewmaster, e.g. RoR procs killing my EB generation when I need crit for an upcoming dread thrash type ability. I doubt I would ever equip that particular trinket as a brewmaster.
    But your crit is probably going to be your highest stat, if it isn't already, so you'll boost your crit to silly high levels. You'll lose mastery, which isn't an issue, and you'll lose haste, which as long as you have Shuffle uptime banked won't be an issue either. And judging on the bosses I've tanked so far, Shuffle uptime is easy to save up, so the Rune of Re-origination isn't going to have any serious negative effects when it procs.

  11. #2691
    Considering you full tier 14, it work out you get, like, Idk, a shoulder not tier piece with ilv 522 and change? considering you gonna lose your set bonus

  12. #2692
    I don't know if I'd like Rune of Re-Origination as a brewmaster if I wasn't keeping mastery as my #1 stat. While obviously a huge boost to any secondary would be theoretically nice, the reality is that reducing your mastery to 0 for 10 seconds does mean you'd just flat out take more burst damage during the proc. Combining a Rune proc with a bad avoidance streak could easily get you killed, so you'd want to make sure you always used EB when your trinket procced or whatever if you were actively tanking. Seems like having to CD through your own trinket proc isn't an ideal scenario. May only apply to 25 mans/heroics or whatever, but I'd certainly not use the trinket if I wasn't prioritising mastery.

    It's absolutely amazing if you're stacking mastery though, probably the best mitigation proc trinket I've ever seen in terms of its impact on survivability, and it's also great with crit if you're off-tanking or in a situation where you're not likely to die as it's a massive DPS increase.

  13. #2693
    I know this is a really dumb question, but I just can't figure it out.

    How do I tell what kind of damage is incoming? Is there a site where I can read what kind of damage a special is (physical or magical) or an Addon I can use? Its my biggest weakness and I am just drawing a massive brain phart on the whole thing and have been for ages. :/

  14. #2694
    In the Dungeon/Raid Guides there are all spells and skills with a detailled discription what kind of damage source every spell has.

  15. #2695
    High Overlord BalwickZaik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian23 View Post
    I know this is a really dumb question, but I just can't figure it out.

    How do I tell what kind of damage is incoming? Is there a site where I can read what kind of damage a special is (physical or magical) or an Addon I can use? Its my biggest weakness and I am just drawing a massive brain phart on the whole thing and have been for ages. :/
    Generally if it's not actually smacking you, it's magic. The Dungeon Journal tells you all though.

  16. #2696
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian23 View Post
    I know this is a really dumb question, but I just can't figure it out.

    How do I tell what kind of damage is incoming? Is there a site where I can read what kind of damage a special is (physical or magical) or an Addon I can use? Its my biggest weakness and I am just drawing a massive brain phart on the whole thing and have been for ages. :/
    Combat log tells you, as well as World of Logs.

  17. #2697
    Hey guys,

    I am not sure if this is a correct place to ask. But I know that there was a rolling restart to fix the Monk's DPS bug. I actually had to pretty much tell my team to call the raid two hours early few nights ago when I alt-tabbed to read up on monk forum and found out about the bug. I was doing Thrones of Thunder, whoever, I have checked the WoLs on our Horridon Kill, I don't see anything about RJW actually buffing the Spinning Crane Kick by 3000x instead of 300. So I am just asking for the clarification on what was the original bug? Was it bugged for WW, or BrM as well? I just want to be so sure that I did made a right decision by asking my team to stop raiding because I do not want them to exploit the bug unintentionally.

    So I am thinking that this bug has been limited to T14 and Heroics, instead of ToT, or am I wrong on that?

    Edit: I posted in this thread because I am a brewmaster and this is the most active thread for Brewmaster.
    Last edited by Noventforme; 2013-03-12 at 12:42 PM.

  18. #2698
    The Lightbringer SurrealNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondlem View Post
    It's absolutely amazing if you're stacking mastery though, probably the best mitigation proc trinket I've ever seen in terms of its impact on survivability, and it's also great with crit if you're off-tanking or in a situation where you're not likely to die as it's a massive DPS increase.
    You still only gain 1% shuffle for every 960 mastery and I'm clearing content just fine with 1500 mastery right now. Even if you swapped around all of my stats that would still take me to 7.8% shuffle (which would double at the trinket proc) but at a massive hit to the haste and crit #'s I have now.

    Now factor in getting the 2P bonus which runs exclusively based on crit and gives you 12% shuffle in return for stacking crit and it's almost as good as the double mastery scenario without sacrificing all your other secondary stats. If I was going to use the trinket I would probably continue to run a crit heavy build just like I am today.

    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

  19. #2699
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    You still only gain 1% shuffle for every 960 mastery and I'm clearing content just fine with 1500 mastery right now. Even if you swapped around all of my stats that would still take me to 7.8% shuffle (which would double at the trinket proc) but at a massive hit to the haste and crit #'s I have now.

    Now factor in getting the 2P bonus which runs exclusively based on crit and gives you 12% shuffle in return for stacking crit and it's almost as good as the double mastery scenario without sacrificing all your other secondary stats. If I was going to use the trinket I would probably continue to run a crit heavy build just like I am today.
    1% shuffle every 960 sounds low but when that trinket procs you 15-20k worth of secondary stats, it's amazing to go from 60% to 80% shuffle - it's like half of fortifying brew. Basically that trinket is a shieldwall whenever it procs.

    While there's no fight (on normal at least) that really screams for mastery stacking, having cleared 45 (yes, 45 - 12/12/10/9/2) bosses in throne of thunder last week, I feel that it definitely helps. I know there were at least two or three separate occasions that stand out in my head when my brm would've died if she had 50% stagger and most likely would've wiped when it was a kill.

    Sadly, the 2p was nerfed. Instead of just flat +12% shuffle, it's +12% of what you currently have. So 50% -> 56% instead of 50% -> 62%.
    Last edited by kaiadam; 2013-03-12 at 05:55 PM.

  20. #2700
    The Lightbringer SurrealNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,503
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    1% shuffle every 960 sounds low but when that trinket procs you 15-20k worth of secondary stats, it's amazing to go from 60% to 80% shuffle - it's like half of fortifying brew. Basically that trinket is a shieldwall whenever it procs.
    My 1544 mastery is showing +1.61% so that conversion rate is correct. So I have about 16k allocated towards those three stats so lets say 5.5k Haste, 6k Mastery, 4.5k Crit would result in 5.5k + (10k*200%) = 27.08% shuffle with an actual gain of 20.83%.

    That is a big boost to passive "block" mechanic but at the same time your dropping out of haste to clear the extra stagger (which may not be an issue if you have Chi banked already or the 4P) and running with only 0 to 4500 crit rating which will drag your EB (RNG blah blah) uptime down (and 2P uptime). Maybe someone wants to chime in on what EB uptime difference between like 4000 vs 8500 crit looks like.

    AMR seems to sim the trinket at an 11% uptime which basically drags the effective crit/haste ratings down by that much if you want to look at fight length averages. The other thing I don't like is the mastery "version" of this trinket provides zero benefit once the other tank taunts which is basically every fight in most cases for 5.2, at least the haste/crit varieties provide off-tanking benefits (Yes I know it's our job to survive just pointing this detail out).

    I'm still undecided on this one until I get the 4p probably or hit a fight where EH is all that matters or is an issue. Trying to balance a Haste = X, Crit = Y, Mastery > X & Y combo just doesn't seem that hot for normal mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    Sadly, the 2p was nerfed. Instead of just flat +12% shuffle, it's +12% of what you currently have. So 50% -> 56% instead of 50% -> 62%.
    ^#@%@#@!

    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •