Quote Originally Posted by Nurhlag View Post
    Hmmm the rep trinket from shado-pan assault.. any good? The hit with the agi proc isn't bad...

Is it better than LFR Terror in the Mists/ Relic of Xuen?

Hit isn't really I have a problem with as other people most likely don't
    I bought it because I had the 489 trash drop trinket before, and now with other upgrades (thunderforged chest from tortos and tier legs) I'm 2% over hit cap and can't reforge out of anymore of it =[

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 04:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Noventforme View Post
    Hey guys,

I am not sure if this is a correct place to ask. But I know that there was a rolling restart to fix the Monk's DPS bug. I actually had to pretty much tell my team to call the raid two hours early few nights ago when I alt-tabbed to read up on monk forum and found out about the bug. I was doing Thrones of Thunder, whoever, I have checked the WoLs on our Horridon Kill, I don't see anything about RJW actually buffing the Spinning Crane Kick by 3000x instead of 300. So I am just asking for the clarification on what was the original bug? Was it bugged for WW, or BrM as well? I just want to be so sure that I did made a right decision by asking my team to stop raiding because I do not want them to exploit the bug unintentionally.
    It was bugged for both, I went around and messed with it for giggles, such as taking Sha to 65% in 1 RJW, and it definitely affected raids, as the top Primordius kill for Brewmasters has a guy doing 600k dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Xuen: 956 Agil (Static) + 832 Agil (Proc)
    Terror(LFR): 1021 Agil (Static) + 1271 Crit (Proc)
    Shadow-Pan: 1467 Hit (Static) + 1827 Agil (proc)

If you don't mind the Agil portion being a proc the VP trinket has more Agil and more Secondary stats than either of those other trinkets. Of course if you get stuck over hit cap you can probably consider that extra rating as wasted.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Thanks for the previous questions about Council. We managed to get them down last week and we are trying to get Tortos tonight (42% yesterday). I have mostly one question: what are your take on what brewmaster should tank - tortos or bats? The other tank is a warrior.

Another thing is question about trinket: I have currently xuen (not upgraded) and elegon hc trinket (upgraded twice). If I were to buy new shado-pan trinket I guess I should exchange elegon one?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Thanks for the previous questions about Council. We managed to get them down last week and we are trying to get Tortos tonight (42% yesterday). I have mostly one question: what are your take on what brewmaster should tank - tortos or bats? The other tank is a warrior.

Another thing is question about trinket: I have currently xuen (not upgraded) and elegon hc trinket (upgraded twice). If I were to buy new shado-pan trinket I guess I should exchange elegon one?
    Monks have low base hp, and the bats heal if target is under 350k.
    From here we would already put Monks on Tortos, and Monks do have the AMAZING mastery for snapping bite.
    And we got Elusive Brew.

Tank both, try to focus on popping elusive brew when he does the snapping bite (and when the bats come ofc). If you have bats up and a snapping bite, pop Dampen Harm. The best time to pop Guard would be when the bats are coming but, I can't say if you should hold off on using it or not really... Depends on what's happening in the fight and how cooldowns are aligned.

If you can't tank both, tanking the turtle would be great, but if you don't have enough dps on the bats, then you either tank them, or have the warrior bring them near you and target them, Keg Smash and spinning crane kick them (maybe even BoF, if you have chi to spare).

Drop Xuen.
    Last edited by Yohassakura; 2013-03-14 at 01:59 PM.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    Xuen.
    No.

Unupgraded Xuen averages to 1712.75 Agility. It only proccs off of crits so it's probably lower than that.

Double upgraded HC Bottle averages to 1748.89 Agility. It proccs off of hits, so it's uptime should be closer to that. Additionally Bottle has Mastery which to be fair is not worth that much, but 524 of that can be reforged into a more valuable stat.

So Bottle ... easily.

Deleted

kite the bats and loot the boss

Quote Originally Posted by imbanane View Post
    kite the bats and loot the boss
    Are you serious? Are suggesting that I can thrown kegs at the bats through entire encounter? Won't they catch up during Quake Stomp?

Quote Originally Posted by hakhu View Post
    So Bottle ... easily.
    That's what I said.

"... I guess I should exchange elegon one"

- [no, dump] xuen.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    That's what I said.

"... I guess I should exchange elegon one"

- [no, dump] xuen.
    Sorry, I guess I misunderstood then. Though in my defense: your answer was not exactly elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by hakhu View Post
    Sorry, I guess I misunderstood then. Though in my defense: your answer was not exactly elaborate.
    It's fine, it was my fault as it wasn't 100% clear

Deleted
    Are you serious? Are suggesting that I can thrown kegs at the bats through entire encounter? Won't they catch up during Quake Stomp?
    no they don't. I kited the adds the whole encounter. Killed it in ~3 mins.. Before the quake stomp you can either get a priest shield to get some distance, roll, stun them with ox wave or use nimble brew ... so really no problem here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    I'd like to see the answer to this as well.

Also, is a prot pally's healing that crazy that the bats go straight to them instead of actual healers? I was sort of miffed that they were going to my co-tank pally and since the jerk loves consecrate so much, I have to actually do more than just kegsmash (lol) to pull the bats off of him when he's juiced up on vengeance and aoeing.

Quote Originally Posted by imbanane View Post
    no they don't. I kited the adds the whole encounter. Killed it in ~3 mins.. Before the quake stomp you can either get a priest shield to get some distance, roll, stun them with ox wave or use nimble brew ... so really no problem here.
    Guess we are gonna try that tonight, thanks for the suggestion

@Hakhu, Yohassakura - thanks for telling me which trinket should be abandoned.

Guess we are gonna try that tonight, thanks for the suggestion

@Hakhu, Yohassakura - thanks for telling me which trinket should be abandoned.
    You can't employ that strat on Heroic, so why even bother to use it now? You can do either bats or Tortos, but we are better suited for Tortos and the amazing EB during Snapping Bite.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Deleted
    On the edge of giving up raiding... Guild is still stuck on Horridon and tonight I just kept getting wiped out - 3 or 4 times I was blitzed from 100% to dead in 3 seconds flat. Any ideas? http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../zaik/advanced

Forgot to combat log it, but was doing about 13k HPS and only taking 22k DPS.
    Last edited by mmocd88858e1a5; 2013-03-14 at 11:32 PM.

Triple puncture doesn't dmg enough for you to drop from 100% to 0 unless you have like 12 stacks of the wound.

- You should prioritize having shuffle up everytime a triple puncture comes.
    - Also track the Triple Puncture timer, and use Dampen Harm right before a Triple Puncture, and youll reduce the dmg of the next 3 by half.
    - Also, start rotating Guards, and EH's to bounce your hp back up when you take the initial load of Vengeance from a Triple Puncture.
    - If you've run out of CD's, remember you can Fortifying brew 2 in a row, you can also Zen Med 1.

For most Triple Punctures, you can survive with just Shuffle + an EH -> quick PB, once it gets higher start planning Guards for it, and timing your other CD's between the Triple Punctures you can't Guard. You should have Eh up for every puncture (or every other). Your danger zone is a little lower if you use Zen Sphere, since itll give you about a 50-70k heal if the attack takes you below 35% (coupled with EH, thats a combined 170k ish heal, non crit from either).

But yes, there are PLENTY of ways to reduce the burst that is killing you, just figure it out before hand and put it to practice when youre getting steamrolled ( and you'll find, youre not squishy anymore).

Extra tip - This is something you should only if you are confident in it, if you dont have any cooldowns up (guards included), and youre bout to take a triple puncture, put some Healing Spheres in the ground next to you, wait to take the hit, and start strafing like crazy, it acts as a back up EH, if you use 1, and a LoH if you use 3.

Deleted
    @Zonex - answers much appreciated; this is what I've been doing so far
    - Shuffle is only ever down when I'm between doors, when we tank swap and I'm waiting for adds to spawn.
    - Using Dampen Harm practically off CD, before Trip Puncs.
    - EH immediately after I PB after a Trip Punc. Guard is up immediately before Trip Punc too.
    - Usually hit FB before Trip Punc when I'm at 6 stacks.

My Zen Sphere + EH tallies up to more like 80k if I'm lucky. Also it's nearly always a melee hit immediately after that gets me; I really count on EB to save my ass there a lot of the time. I can try dropping a Healing Sphere or 3 - never thought of that as I don't have it bound to either action bar. Also didn't think to use ZM for Triple Puncture either.

Alright well, i guess it's just a matter of cycling everything you're doing properly now;

I'm going to assume you guys switch at 8 stacks; I'mg going to assume you have EB up for about 3 seconds after each Puncture.

1st --> Guard
    2nd --> EH + GotOrbs
    3rd --> Guard
    4th --> DH + EH + GotOrbs
    5th --> Guard + DH
    6th -- DH + FB + EH + GotOrbs
    7th --> FB + Guard
    8th --> Zen Med

The GotOrbs are only optional, if you are heavily moving, you aren't missing out on much.

This pretty much guarentees that you can take about 2 extra melee hits after your triple puncture (if you get rly low, you can even use EH again, the chance of it happening is low if you have EB up right after).

If you STILL die after this, don't blame yourself, it will be your healers' fault.

Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    Using Dampen Harm practically off CD, before Trip Puncs.
    It's possible that this is your problem. If you're keeping shuffle up, the only real danger is the triple puncture + the following hit. Triple puncture does more damage at higher stacks, so you want to use DH strategically to cover the ones that are more dangerous, rather than hitting it on cooldown.

Personally I've been doing FB just before puncture #5, which covers #5 and #6. Once that drops, DH to cover #7, and usually someone's clicked the Dinomancer's orb before #8.

I definitely went splat a couple of times, but usually it was because I got distracted cleansing diseases and let shuffle drop or forgot to hit the appropriate CD on time.