Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alucin View Post
    I tank bats too. standard crit gear just stam food and flask. Burn down bats and dps boss the rest of the time. Last week I was #1 on dps, 183k over the fight. Spike 400-500k on the bats. Starting on the with a full stack of elusive brew means it's usually pretty comfortable. (i assume we're all talking normal, and that bats probably can't be kited on heroic anyway). I pick up bats, which are usually locked on to the pally tank, drag near boss if required, and they get burned down. the pick up is by far the hardest bit about the bats. Dps just need to switch properly.
    you can kite them on heroic aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by imbanane View Post
    But why would you? The kiter is a wasted person, this fight is so easy on heroic as it is.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    But why would you? The kiter is a wasted person, this fight is so easy on heroic as it is.
    i had problems with full mastery gear and 523 itemlevel to tank them as a monk tank but as Daught told us she could tank them with 529 itemlevel it seems as if the healers where the problem not me^^

i kited them after a couple of trys me dieing even with all cooldowns active and we killed him 4 trys later :P
    imo kiting is much easier then burning them down cause it requires much less coordination with the turtles.
    you only need 1 turtle to interupt and 1 to debuff the new turtles.

i had problems with full mastery gear and 523 itemlevel to tank them as a monk tank but as Daught told us she could tank them with 529 itemlevel it seems as if the healers where the problem not me^^
    Well, I was around 520 or something when I did it for the first time. If you check my first kill vid linked in sig, I was calling out for a strong cd or two weak cds every time I gathered the bats and popped elusive brew as well - they do tend to hit fairly hard. Rolling aoe stuns help as well. (Also, I'm a "he".) I guess healers just need to know that they should be bomb healing you for the 15-20 seconds bats are out, although that does get harder later on when bats come directly after a stomp and they're busy topping people up.

You're missing out on so much fun =/

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    You're missing out on so much fun =/
    Yeah i know but im in the top 10 for monks on all other encounters hope i can keep that up when we kill ji'kun this week ^^

gonna try tanking them when we have some time for it and dont loose 1hour on the first boss cause people cant watch their debuffs...

Deleted
    Soooo much hit/expertise everywhere. 12% hit and 14.4% expertise before any reforges. =/
    Time to swap to crit/agi and crit/stam if socket bonuses are worth it I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by elira View Post
    Yeah i know but im in the top 10 for monks on all other encounters hope i can keep that up when we kill ji'kun this week ^^

gonna try tanking them when we have some time for it and dont loose 1hour on the first boss cause people cant watch their debuffs...
    Most guilds doing progression hide their logs to not give advantages to others in the race.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

So I'm torn between getting the Vicious Talisman (The Hit Trinket) or the Steadfast Talisman (The Mastery trinket) for my first 522 trinket.

I'm thinking the mastery is really nice with stagger, but getting all that hit would really free up other reforged items.

I've also got the Vial atm, so having two Mastery trinkets seem kinda wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Elendoil View Post
    Basically you would want to stop stacking Haste as soon as you reach a comfort zone where you can keep Shuffle up the whole time while still purifying/using Guard on CD etc. For some people that is already the case on 5000 Haste, others prefer 6000...there is no breakpoint besides personal preference.
    thanks, i was sitting at 7k haste but i think ill drop it back some

Have anyone tried the 2 set bonus wince the hotfix they did? Is it changed to a +12% or what did they hotfix?
    My 10 man 2 nights 6 hours a week raiding guild at 7/7M + 3/3M + 5/10M
    www.avalerion.euo

So with this hotfix of the 2pc does that mean that we get 12%more stagger EX:I have 6 I would now have 18 after Eb expires or am I going crazy?

flat out 12 % more.
    13/13

Monk

Fuck yea. Thank ya.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian23 View Post
    So I'm torn between getting the Vicious Talisman (The Hit Trinket) or the Steadfast Talisman (The Mastery trinket) for my first 522 trinket.

I'm thinking the mastery is really nice with stagger, but getting all that hit would really free up other reforged items.

Go with the Agi trinket, and make your DPS mad that vengeance is op :P

Quote Originally Posted by Brian23 View Post

I went with the hit/agi trinket. I believe the agility provides more avoidance than the dodge, along with all the other fun stuff (AP, crit, etc.), so it's generally better.

I am curious as to how much avoidance you can have up during the start of the on-use effect of the mastery/dodge trinket though... Could be useful for cheesing certain mechanics. But for general purpose, I'd suggest the hit/agi trinket.

That hotfix is a welcome change. I was a little disappointed when after getting the 2pc the bonus seemed so weak.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepness View Post
    That hotfix is a welcome change. I was a little disappointed when after getting the 2pc the bonus seemed so weak.
    To me it just feels like it's way too strong in the current form. 12% stagger is 11.520 mastery, and it'll have a 40-50% uptime. Additionally, it's usually up when we are most susceptible to melee attacks (when elusive brew has fallen off) and there's a reasonable amount of high hitting physical damage abilities that ignore armor but can be staggered. To top it all off, the uptime on it will scale quite well with gear. I think it's going to be hard justifying breaking it up next tier given the uptime on it will start reaching ridiculous levels.
    But oh well, better too strong than worthless I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Soooo much hit/expertise everywhere. 12% hit and 14.4% expertise before any reforges. =/
    Time to swap to crit/agi and crit/stam if socket bonuses are worth it I suppose.
    Are you stuck way above the caps after reforging? Your % value before doesn't really matter. I have the VP trinket and I'm very close to both 7.5% caps still.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

The 2 piece hotfix sounds great. I was really disappointed when I read kaiadam's post about it actually only doing 1.12x your current stagger rather than +12%.

Quote Originally Posted by Emenius View Post
    So with this hotfix of the 2pc does that mean that we get 12%more stagger EX:I have 6 I would now have 18 after Eb expires or am I going crazy?
    Yep, sure looks like it:

[10:21:42.810] White Crane hits Daught 4357 (A: 2578) (37.17% staggered)
    [10:21:44.032] Daught gains Staggering from Daught (2pT15)
    [10:21:44.902] White Crane hits Daught 2601 (A: 2516) (49.17% staggered)

The 2p is incredibly strong now ... 30% damage reduction minimum when it activates.