Hey there,

Again I've got a problem with the choice of trinkets. Currently I'm using Vicious Shado-Pan and Bottle of Infinite Stars (510 ilvl). However yesterday I got Renataki's Soul Charm (522). Which ones would you suggest to use? Here is an armory link if that would help: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trixe/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Hey there,

Again I've got a problem with the choice of trinkets. Currently I'm using Vicious Shado-Pan and Bottle of Infinite Stars (510 ilvl). However yesterday I got Renataki's Soul Charm (522). Which ones would you suggest to use? Here is an armory link if that would help: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trixe/advanced
    Unless you need the mastery (i.e. you're in 25 mans and/or doing heroic mode content whilst relatively undergeared), then you should replace the Bottle.

Thanks what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    jin'rokh hc when i'm in the water i'm just pushing so hard, he gets in trouble.
    I thought I remember reading that I wasn't supposed to be in the water when I had Static Wound because it would cause damage to the rest of the raid standing in the water. Was I mistaken? Should I be standing in the water while the other tank has the boss to get the dps buff without worrying about causing raid damage?

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    maybe my dps is ridiculous high and my DK buddy can't just out-aggro me? jin'rokh hc when i'm in the water i'm just pushing so hard, he gets in trouble. any why would i reduce my amount of damage when i just drop my aggro? i can push my dps as far as it gets when i'm not careing about aggro.
    Stop autoattacking for a second, swap to tiger stance and then go all out. When you need to taunt soon, go back into Ox stance and move out of the water.

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 10:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fiof View Post
    I thought I remember reading that I wasn't supposed to be in the water when I had Static Wound because it would cause damage to the rest of the raid standing in the water. Was I mistaken? Should I be standing in the water while the other tank has the boss to get the dps buff without worrying about causing raid damage?
    It only damages the raid when you take melee attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    Stop autoattacking for a second, swap to tiger stance and then go all out. When you need to taunt soon, go back into Ox stance and move out of the water..
    I will try that. thank you
    13/13

Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NeitherDoI View Post
    I used to glyph roll when I was playing my BrM. Only way to allow Offtanking without nerfing my dps.

Don't forget to macro a /cancelaura Retreat in case you need to retake the boss aggro.
    Don't derp the pull like me. Put on the glyph and I basically use roll constantly. Usually position myself within 1 roll of boss agro so I come in and wonder why the boss is on the other tank instead of me after the count down =P

The cancelaura should help but I mean I literally use roll non stop, why use your legs when you can roll there!
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Don't derp the pull like me. Put on the glyph and I basically use roll constantly. Usually position myself within 1 roll of boss agro so I come in and wonder why the boss is on the other tank instead of me after the count down =P

The cancelaura should help but I mean I literally use roll non stop, why use your legs when you can roll there!
    That's the reason why I'm afraid to use the glyph. That said, it's getting to be less of an issue these days... I think I've put my co-tanks through a 'trial of fire' so to speak, and now they're learning to deal more damage so I stop pulling threat back from them. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    That's the reason why I'm afraid to use the glyph. That said, it's getting to be less of an issue these days... I think I've put my co-tanks through a 'trial of fire' so to speak, and now they're learning to deal more damage so I stop pulling threat back from them. :P
    How? I have paladin, dk, and warrior co-tanks and if I do not stop attacking altogether for 5 seconds or /cancelaura my vengeance, I will pull aggro again immediately after their taunt debuff wears off. What did your co-tanks change to boost their damage?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggety View Post
    How? I have paladin, dk, and warrior co-tanks and if I do not stop attacking altogether for 5 seconds or /cancelaura my vengeance, I will pull aggro again immediately after their taunt debuff wears off. What did your co-tanks change to boost their damage?
    Bad then? I have no issues with my pally co-tank and never with my bear and dk co-tanks. I haven't tanked with a warrior yet.

A pally really has no excuse out of all 3 of them as they can Hand of Salv you two times in a row if they absolutely have to.

Hell, my shitty gear pally pulls threat off people. They got insane aggro right now.

At the start of a pull Warriors can and will pull off you with lust, crit banner, and dragon roar or whatever that ability is. It takes a good couple of taunts to get it back on you.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

So now that the first get their prince quest items full, did anybody had time to test the tank or dps meta gem and would share the results ?

im pretty unlucky and only got 11 so far, but it would be nice to know which one is the better choice for progress on the last bosses.

So is crit/haste build still the way to go? Stopped raiding when 5.2 came, but im thinking of starting again now.

Deleted
    I am also co-tanking with a paladin atm, and since he is going for stam mostly, rather than haste, taking aggro from him can easily happen. The previous Paladin I tanked with was going with a haste setup, and he could actually aggro off me at some points.

So I guess it also depends what kind of gemming/speccing they go for. But as previous posts said, there are a few ways to try to "fix" aggro, and try to tell your fellow tank to try to get his threat up a bit if it is holding you back too much (after all tank DPS does matter these days)

There's a good portion of the tanking community that seems to be indifferent to their dps, and you'll likely pull aggro off of them regardless of temporary threat wipes. Beyond that though, the first and sometimes second taunt swap of each fight is tricky even with a very skilled offtank, it's just too easy to overcome that 10% threshold when you have full vengeance and the other tank doesn't.

One way to help fix this issue is with a mini-taunt swap ~10 seconds before the actual swap happens. Offtank taunts, takes a hit or two to up his vengeance to acceptable values, before the main tank taunts back. Then during the actual swap, offtank can start laying down the dps immediately instead of waiting for a couple swings.

About the only class that I feel is completely safe from me regaining threat is a blood dk with their dancing rune weapon.

idk, I'm struggling to not pull off all of our tanks. Bear, DK, Prot pally, Prot warrior... None of them can really consistently hold agro on some fights.

Especially not off the pull. Our heroic Jin'Rohk attempts were really bad, I'd pull, he'd taunt, I'd keg smash and have the boss again. I was skipping globals all fight even after a storm phase... and he's got a 522 weapon and I'm still rocking a 510/496 combo.

I'm still unclear about this glyph.

Is it a threat dump (Vanish) or a temp threat ignore (Hand of Salv) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    Is it a threat dump (Vanish) or a temp threat ignore (Hand of Salv) ?
    Temporary, it's essentially like Fade.

Quote Originally Posted by Herschel View Post
    Temporary, it's essentially like Fade.
    Appreciate the info.

As much as that might help, sometimes, more often than not if I'm in danger of pulling threat it's not something that a temporary agro dump will fix unless we have the other tank re-taunting when the glyphed roll is about to wear off.

Just doesn't feel like it solves my problem without over-complicating things.

Quote Originally Posted by elira View Post
    So now that the first get their prince quest items full, did anybody had time to test the tank or dps meta gem and would share the results ?

im pretty unlucky and only got 11 so far, but it would be nice to know which one is the better choice for progress on the last bosses.
    The tank meta procs like crazy from initial tests. I was told, and not confirmed, but was told that tanks using the DPS metas will rarely proc because the PPM changes per spec. I am not sure if this is correct or not, but either way, if your main role is tanking, I suggest taking the meta. You just gave yourself a proccable Glyphed Divine Protection basically.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    The tank meta procs like crazy from initial tests. I was told, and not confirmed, but was told that tanks using the DPS metas will rarely proc because the PPM changes per spec. I am not sure if this is correct or not, but either way, if your main role is tanking, I suggest taking the meta. You just gave yourself a proccable Glyphed Divine Protection basically.
    The RPPM proc for the dps meta gem for tanks is baseline, there was a blue bost about it. since most of the modifiers are around 1 anyways, it pretty much procs just as often for us. Now whether or not the 5k-15k dps increase on is worth dropping the -20% random dmg taken is the real question!