10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    Pfft... Try running with 2x hunters and a feral druid in a 10 man - 4 agility users for rings/trinkets/etc , I usually pass on it all for the DPS as seem as their contribution is generally worth more, or at least 100% during a fight where some fights you're not always tanking something, so your damage output isn't going to be that high, and if it procs while you're not tanking it's a waste.

Not to mention that some items just don't drop ever.
    I got mine on a bonus roll so our hunter didn't even get the chance to roll. =D

Deleted
    I finish 12/12 ToT in normal and my guild now go to hard mode, but we change to 25, and i need some help to reforge all my stats to get more survivality and good dps.

Can you set me what settings i need to configure in AMR to get 7,5% expertise?? and haste 5k?6k?8k?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/es/characte...eisaa/advanced

Thank yours for all help that you can give me

Quote Originally Posted by Sanferr View Post
    I finish 12/12 ToT in normal and my guild now go to hard mode, but we change to 25, and i need some help to reforge all my stats to get more survivality and good dps.

Can you set me what settings i need to configure in AMR to get 7,5% expertise?? and haste 5k?6k?8k?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/es/characte...eisaa/advanced

Thank yours for all help that you can give me

Generally speaking, and I may be getting this slightly wrong since I'm not going back and re-reading the posts regarding the subject but, I'm fairly certain that the commonly accepted thinking is that in 25s you need more stam, and more mastery.

Both, afaik, are "to taste" - you need enough to live.

You may need slightly more haste to purge more often, give or take based on 4set.

But as far as DPS, you really can't gear for both if you're going the stam/mastery route.

Stam and mastery do literally nothing for your DPS. So anything you put into stam/mastery is lost damage. If your DPS is an important part of your group's success, then you may want to be a bit more stingy with how much extra stam/mastery you give yourself.

Edit: As far as AMR goes, there's a checkbox for enforcing hit/exp caps in the settings.

A World of Logs report, as requested!

worldoflogs .com/reports/rt-eiatmqp3u2d99co1/

We were actually successful this night but sadly time constraints stopped us from getting to Mag. Edit: I have since changed over to a mastery build since I finally got my 2 piece, hurray!
    Last edited by Errodien; 2013-04-29 at 06:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given the option between a 522 2H Weapon, or a 522 1h + 502 1h, what is the best choice? I know what 1h's give slightly more elusive brew, as where a 2h gives more Ox orb. This is for heroic ToT progression of course.

I personally find that Elusive brew would be more valuable than Ox Orbs on many fights because movement makes the Ox Orbs less useful.
    Last edited by Rixarius; 2013-04-29 at 07:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    Generally speaking, and I may be getting this slightly wrong since I'm not going back and re-reading the posts regarding the subject but, I'm fairly certain that the commonly accepted thinking is that in 25s you need more stam, and more mastery.

Both, afaik, are "to taste" - you need enough to live.

You may need slightly more haste to purge more often, give or take based on 4set.

But as far as DPS, you really can't gear for both if you're going the stam/mastery route.

Stam and mastery do literally nothing for your DPS. So anything you put into stam/mastery is lost damage. If your DPS is an important part of your group's success, then you may want to be a bit more stingy with how much extra stam/mastery you give yourself.

Edit: As far as AMR goes, there's a checkbox for enforcing hit/exp caps in the settings.
    I dont like make too much dps, i prefer get moré survival and stamina.

Exp 7,5%, haste 6k or moré? The rest mastery and critic?

How i can put exp 7,5% for DW? Haste 0.14?

Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    Given the option between a 522 2H Weapon, or a 522 1h + 502 1h, what is the best choice? I know what 1h's give slightly more elusive brew, as where a 2h gives more Ox orb. This is for heroic ToT progression of course.

I personally find that Elusive brew would be more valuable than Ox Orbs on many fights because movement makes the Ox Orbs less useful.
    Hm. Maybe I've missed something, but why would a two hander give more Ox orbs? GotO orbs are generated randomly whenever any melee attack hits, so if anything you'll get slightly less from a two hander (less auto attacks). The difference isn't all that large though.

Furthermore, you don't get more EB stacks from one-handers. It used to be an issue when our crit levels weren't that high, so sometimes stacks could drop off with particularly slow two-handers, but overall you should get similar amounts of EB stacks no matter what weapon you're using. All that changes is how the stacks are generated: 1 at a time, or in batches of 2-3.

What you're actually choosing between for one-handers or two-handers is the following:

One-handers:
    -Dual enchants
    -Slightly more DPS
    -Another legendary gem slot

Two-handers:
    -Less cost to enchant (only need one!)
    -More base stats

So honestly, there's not much difference. In an ideal world you'd dual wield, assuming you have a choice between weapons all of the same ilevel... But the difference is so small that if you have a particularly nice two-hander, then you should use it and won't see any negative effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Errodien View Post
    A World of Logs report, as requested!

worldoflogs .com/reports/rt-eiatmqp3u2d99co1/

We were actually successful this night but sadly time constraints stopped us from getting to Mag. Edit: I have since changed over to a mastery build since I finally got my 2 piece, hurray!
    2-piece is more effective with crit, not mastery. If anything it makes a crit build even more desirable.

Anyway though looking at your logs I noticed on your CoE kill (the 7 minute one I assume) you missed out on five possible guards, so you were only 64% effective there and you only used Fort Brew once and no other cooldowns... so that might be your problem, minimal cooldown uses.

Looking through other cases here that seems to be your biggest problem; you have a relatively low guard uptime compared to your maximum potential and you're very conservative in regards to cooldowns... which is fine to some extent but you should get in the habit of asking for external cooldowns. You've got two priest healers, they've got some nice externals.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    2-piece is more effective with crit, not mastery. If anything it makes a crit build even more desirable.

Anyway though looking at your logs I noticed on your CoE kill (the 7 minute one I assume) you missed out on five possible guards, so you were only 64% effective there and you only used Fort Brew once and no other cooldowns... so that might be your problem, minimal cooldown uses.

Looking through other cases here that seems to be your biggest problem; you have a relatively low guard uptime compared to your maximum potential and you're very conservative in regards to cooldowns... which is fine to some extent but you should get in the habit of asking for external cooldowns. You've got two priest healers, they've got some nice externals.
    You are most definitely correct on me being conservative, I like to keep my stuff for when I get down to my low HP beep(~20%HP) and then pop a guard so my healers can heal me up w/o using CD's. I need to learn to be more proactive in that regard I suppose. We'll be running a cleanup run for ToT tonight, so I'll get another WoL going to see if I do any better with this new information.

As for using Guard, should I be using it on CD, like EB, or slack back and use it for the big hits or whenever low HP?

Also switched back to a crit build. My wallet hurts...

Deleted
    You are most definitely correct on me being conservative, I like to keep my stuff for when I get down to my low HP beep(~20%HP) and then pop a guard so my healers can heal me up w/o using CD's. I need to learn to be more proactive in that regard I suppose. We'll be running a cleanup run for ToT tonight, so I'll get another WoL going to see if I do any better with this new information.

As for using Guard, should I be using it on CD, like EB, or slack back and use it for the big hits or whenever low HP?

I see this happen a lot of the times when I'm on my healer toon when I pug anything and it annoys me tbh. Tanks pull way more than they can handle, then drop to 10% while me spamming my most expensive and quickest heals and then they pop their shieldwall or whatever and claim "wow healer you suck I even had shieldwall up!"
    Yeah sure... Most of the times big damage spikes or extra damage is predictable and on set timers. As tank you really should use them before you take massive damage whenever possible, not mid massive damage. Especially in case of guard for example... cooldown is only 30 seconds so delaying it a lot (which can be nice for things like talon rake and similar abilities ofcourse) will mean you will lose out on multiple. On top of that, are your healers aware of your odd guard useage? I mean, when I would heal you and you didn't mention guard (and most healers probably don't know all monk tank mechanics yet), and you drop to 20%, the last thing on my mind would be "oh I'll keep using small inexpensive heals because he has a guard up anyway". Unless you'd told me that specifically, and in which case I'd probably have to track it on my raidframes to be 100% sure. In any other case you're getting some regrowths or flash of lights on your face anyway.

Fortifying brew is a bit better in that regard since it bumps your hp pool, but still possible to time properly on a decent amount of encounters.

Deleted
    What is yours opinion for this settings?? I start to night tank 25 HM (first) and 25 NM all ( the others 11), and i like try get more survavility, atm i have 519 DW.

I dont search ranked in WOL, i prefer that never dead and dps make the dps for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanferr View Post
    What is yours opinion for this settings?? I start to night tank 25 HM (first) and 25 NM all ( the others 11), and i like try get more survavility, atm i have 519 DW.
    20% haste? That is a bit overboard I am currently running with 0.12 in the haste soft cap slot. Your iLevel is good so going to assume you have the 2P + 4P so really don't need that much even without them.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Using guard on cd is a sure way of being mediocre imo. You're basically guaranteeing you won't have guard available in any "oh shit" situation with the hopes that using it on cd is enough to prevent those situations in the first place - good luck with that.

Also, 2p most definitely scales with mastery - it's a 24% damage reduction @ 50% stagger, and a 30% damage reduction @ 60% stagger. It scales slightly better with crit - as in, efficacy * uptime is higher, but not by a huge amount. Not that I would advise mastery anyway for 10N tanking, though.

Took a look through your logs, Errodien and it seems that you're more than sufficiently competent for your progression level.

I see, so it's just one of those 'play it by ear' sort of abilities then.

Thank you for the kind words though. Whenever I doe, I feel like it is my own fault, regardless of if it actually was! :S

I try to use Guard right -before- a big hit/spell, absorbing it, instead of after and then having the healers freak out. I screw up too, but that's what I try to do.

Finally got Ji-Kun H10 last night, sad it took us so long. We initially had a lot of problems with our prot warrior dying due to really high (8 or 9) infected wounds stacks, so we had me tank it 70% of the time. Ironically I died to an infected wounds tick a 10th of a second after a big talon rake on our kill, I got so used to infected wounds not being an issue for me that some bad RNG on it killed me, bah. Also had a lot of issues with one of our healers never being able to pick up a feather, not sure what was up with that.

We're going to try Tortos heroic this week. It sounds like the raid leader wants me to do the kiting strat, but I wonder if it would be better for me to Rushing Jade Wind -> Charging Ox Wave -> Keg Smash -> Breath of Fire and then start kiting and have the dps help clean them up.

I'll probably throw on stam lw enchants, flask and trinkets for the health pool security.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    We're going to try Tortos heroic this week. It sounds like the raid leader wants me to do the kiting strat, but I wonder if it would be better for me to Rushing Jade Wind -> Charging Ox Wave -> Keg Smash -> Breath of Fire and then start kiting and have the dps help clean them up.

I'll probably throw on stam lw enchants, flask and trinkets for the health pool security.
    The whole point of the kiting strategy is so that you don't have to dps them down (with the added bonus of not needing to heal the second tank)
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole point of the kiting strategy is so that you don't have to dps them down (with the added bonus of not needing to heal the second tank)
    Spending 8 min kiting those bats while dodging spinning turtles and getting stunned by stomps sound like the most un-fun thing we get to do this tier =/
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    Finally got Ji-Kun H10 last night, sad it took us so long. We initially had a lot of problems with our prot warrior dying due to really high (8 or 9) infected wounds stacks, so we had me tank it 70% of the time. Ironically I died to an infected wounds tick a 10th of a second after a big talon rake on our kill, I got so used to infected wounds not being an issue for me that some bad RNG on it killed me, bah. Also had a lot of issues with one of our healers never being able to pick up a feather, not sure what was up with that.

I've killed H Tortos as the main kiter. I tried many variations of spec and found the following to be the best.
    Tiger's Lust - to get out of sticky situations or to get away fast after a stun.
    Zen Sphere - Keep heals up 100% and keeps your 'bubble' topped off
    Charging Ox Wave - Stuns the current group of bats as the new bats drop.
    Dampen Harm - For 'Oh Sh*t' moment if you have to get through a group and bats get a hit off. TBH though you can't take a hit after 2 spawns of bats - no vengence = dead.
    Chi Torpedo - It moves you further and has the added advantage of healing you as you move through the raid.

Then if you have a priest they can drop feathers along the side which you can use in a pinch. Also a warlock can stun the whole pack in a worst case scenario, but I found my COW was up for every wave

Yeah I guess it makes sense to either tank and spank and kill them or kite and not touch them, not try some hybrid of the two. Though with kiting I'm a bit worried that the 50+ bats at the end of the fight are going to cause a lot of lag.