1. #3481
    After zoneing, my stance is resettet to tiger - sucks

  2. #3482
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    Mastery isn't much use to us not raiding 25 man Heroics. Even reforging out you're still going to be stuck with 365 Mastery, and if the difference is about 280 secondaries less on the quest boots vs 365 garbage stats for me I'll take that trade.
    That is actually not a correct statement. Mastery is a pretty important stat in 10 man when you are running a two heal setup and especially when neither healer is an absorb healer.

  3. #3483
    The Lightbringer SurrealNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,503
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    After zoneing, my stance is resettet to tiger - sucks
    Yeah was annoying the hell out of me last night, fortunately my main hotkey bar shifts when not in Ox Stance so it was real obvious. Would be a nice derp if I pulled H Horridon while in tiger =P

    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

  4. #3484
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,276
    Okay sooo reading some of the comments but wasn;t haste good for us?

    And then i've been using a mastery build and found it rather nice..Just LFR for now but with all the bitching there and crappy people and my own mistakes yeah..Mastery helps....


    Anyways am i right in guessing one reason crit builds are considered so good is so you can keep elusive brew up more?

    Sorry for all the questions was away from the game for several months.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 09:01 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Yeah was annoying the hell out of me last night, fortunately my main hotkey bar shifts when not in Ox Stance so it was real obvious. Would be a nice derp if I pulled H Horridon while in tiger =P
    Not as derpy as when i got into LFR on lei Shen(first time fighting him) and accidentally Flying Dragon Kicked RIGHT OFF the damn platform..Bad keybind LOL.

    Ironically the guy wanted to kick me for "sucking"(fist time no real explanation of fight) when the third time i took less damage and didn't die unlike alo of others LOL.

    But that was as WW..LFR is so fucking toxic i que as dps and volunteer to tank if one leaves alot of the time now.

  5. #3485
    we finally killed horridon tonight and i went from full crit > haste > mastery to mastery>crit>haste setup and it was godlike. the incoming dmg is only hight near the end of that fight. my dmg after all wasn't that good. only place 2nd after our dk tank (he took horridon at the end) trinkets was RoR and the mastery bottle with dodge hc 0/2 (that elegon thing) now i'm in love with that mastery setup. but i know stuck between the blood talisman and the ji kun rising winds. the expertise is nice to have but that procc is kinda meh. but on the other hand, sunniers blog sais, it's ok to put it in. so is here any BrM with a Mastery Setup and can give some advice?

  6. #3486
    The Lightbringer SurrealNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Anyways am i right in guessing one reason crit builds are considered so good is so you can keep elusive brew up more?
    Besides the fact that EB is awesome it also ties into our 2P to the point where ideally you want EB to be up 50% of the time your tanking so you can get the +12% Shuffle the other half. This is without even considering you can do cancel on EB to get the buff for timed events like Triple Puncture and Talon Rake.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 05:11 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    we finally killed horridon tonight and i went from full crit > haste > mastery to mastery>crit>haste setup and it was godlike. the incoming dmg is only hight near the end of that fight. my dmg after all wasn't that good.
    Got our 2nd kill 25m last night using a crit build, still don't feel like I need to focus on mastery. Only issues I had was around Dire Call (especially if TP lines up with it) and think that was mostly due to healers getting distracted topping off raid.

    Once we started using our 3m CD's or calling for a Pain suppression or something that cleared up. Just got to focused on thinking it was the later stacks of TP I needed those CD's for. Haven't had any issues myself on Ji-Kun either taking Talon Rake way beyond 2 stacks. You have a higher iLevel than me currently (I haven't picked all my upgrade slots yet) so just curious how badly you felt it was needed to go mastery heavy.

    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

  7. #3487
    Brewmaster Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,499
    Last time we attempted heroic horridon I felt very comfortable during enrage with a 519 crit heavy setup, but our healers are getting distracted by dire call for some reason, more attempts getting to that phase should do the trick.

  8. #3488
    I put two prismatic sockets on both weapons. You know second legendary quest items from Wrathion. What do I put here? I capped both expertise and hit. So that leaves crit and haste, but I think I reached enough haste aka over 6000. So should I put pure crit or agil? Isn't agil same as crit but with plus attack power?

  9. #3489
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,276
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Besides the fact that EB is awesome it also ties into our 2P to the point where ideally you want EB to be up 50% of the time your tanking so you can get the +12% Shuffle the other half. This is without even considering you can do cancel on EB to get the buff for timed events like Triple Puncture and Talon Rake.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 05:11 PM ----------


    Got our 2nd kill 25m last night using a crit build, still don't feel like I need to focus on mastery. Only issues I had was around Dire Call (especially if TP lines up with it) and think that was mostly due to healers getting distracted topping off raid.

    Once we started using our 3m CD's or calling for a Pain suppression or something that cleared up. Just got to focused on thinking it was the later stacks of TP I needed those CD's for. Haven't had any issues myself on Ji-Kun either taking Talon Rake way beyond 2 stacks. You have a higher iLevel than me currently (I haven't picked all my upgrade slots yet) so just curious how badly you felt it was needed to go mastery heavy.
    Well there's my problem i only have one piece from the new tier.

  10. #3490
    I've pugged the first normal bosses tonight and i dropped a totally unplanned Bad Juju.

    Now, even if is just normal, should i swap my SPA valor trinket (530) with this one?

    I know, bad valor points management, but i really gave up on that trinket, thought it wouldn't drop ever.

  11. #3491
    Brewmaster Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucemighty View Post
    I put two prismatic sockets on both weapons. You know second legendary quest items from Wrathion. What do I put here? I capped both expertise and hit. So that leaves crit and haste, but I think I reached enough haste aka over 6000. So should I put pure crit or agil? Isn't agil same as crit but with plus attack power?
    Crit gem > agi gem, since you get 320 crit from one gem vs. 160 agi from one gem.

  12. #3492
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Besides the fact that EB is awesome it also ties into our 2P to the point where ideally you want EB to be up 50% of the time your tanking so you can get the +12% Shuffle the other half. This is without even considering you can do cancel on EB to get the buff for timed events like Triple Puncture and Talon Rake.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 05:11 PM ----------


    Got our 2nd kill 25m last night using a crit build, still don't feel like I need to focus on mastery. Only issues I had was around Dire Call (especially if TP lines up with it) and think that was mostly due to healers getting distracted topping off raid.

    Once we started using our 3m CD's or calling for a Pain suppression or something that cleared up. Just got to focused on thinking it was the later stacks of TP I needed those CD's for. Haven't had any issues myself on Ji-Kun either taking Talon Rake way beyond 2 stacks. You have a higher iLevel than me currently (I haven't picked all my upgrade slots yet) so just curious how badly you felt it was needed to go mastery heavy.
    Maybe i felt it was better for our raidsetup since we ran with 1 disci and 1 mistweaver. But i will try ist again net week with crit again. Or maybe our heal just sucks?

  13. #3493
    Guild just needs me to go brewmaster, please tell me the tl;dr monk bread and butter. Addons, macros, please ;-;.
    Btw, this guide 5.1 is maybe outdated, if its too much, where i can find some infos about brewmasters?

  14. #3494
    Brewmaster Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Aminance View Post
    Guild just needs me to go brewmaster, please tell me the tl;dr monk bread and butter. Addons, macros, please ;-;.
    Btw, this guide 5.1 is maybe outdated, if its too much, where i can find some infos about brewmasters?
    Guides mostly fine still, but 10 second lowdown:

    10N/H/25N: Crit>Haste>Mastery, 7.5 hitcap and exp closer and closer to 15 as you gear up, 7.5 is a good midpoint for being able to swap to WW
    25H: Mastery>Crit>Haste, same hit/exp rules as above

    Keg Smash lots, Blackout kick lots, tigers palm in unused GCDs, use minor/major CDs in accordance with boss mechanics where the benefit is evident.

    Don't be a noob.

    Done!

  15. #3495
    wow that vengence change would be a hard pain in the ass....like well you're not doing high dps anymore, so we try to 1 tank all bosses, bring a pally !!"

  16. #3496
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Crit gem > agi gem, since you get 320 crit from one gem vs. 160 agi from one gem.
    Thanks for reply and confirmation!

  17. #3497
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    wow that vengence change would be a hard pain in the ass....like well you're not doing high dps anymore, so we try to 1 tank all bosses, bring a pally !!"
    I believe that my emotions have a significant role in how I feel about this change but I have problems with seeing why to take any other tank then paladin for raids when this thing will go live.

  18. #3498
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Guides mostly fine still, but 10 second lowdown:

    10N/H/25N: Crit>Haste>Mastery, 7.5 hitcap and exp closer and closer to 15 as you gear up, 7.5 is a good midpoint for being able to swap to WW
    25H: Mastery>Crit>Haste, same hit/exp rules as above

    Keg Smash lots, Blackout kick lots, tigers palm in unused GCDs, use minor/major CDs in accordance with boss mechanics where the benefit is evident.

    Don't be a noob.

    Done!
    So even in 25N it's the 10n gemming? Asking because my guild is considering merging with another for 25mans for some reasons, and I thought we'd have to be prioritizing mastery...

    Still undecided about RoRo could use a hand =P I did search both here and on google/ej but seems to wildly vary from "it sucks terribly" to "best thing ever done for tanks", kinda hard to decide right now with this feedback xD

  19. #3499
    I'am below 510 ilvl. Should I reforge errything i can asides Hit/exp/soft haste cap into Crit? Crit gems and such? Also 10 man.

  20. #3500
    i have a 522 staff from horridon, i was wondering if DW RF weps is a loss or not, id rather DW for more EB gain and was wondering if its to big of a loss.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •