Quote Originally Posted by Brian23 View Post
    I guess I might not be sure how to navigate that, but is that trinkets only or a whole BIS list? If its the former, how does one back out of only trinkets?

And I'm amazed, Trinkets use to be the hardest thing for me and apparently I've got the 2 B.I.S. pre-heroics (or thunderforged).

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 04:22 AM ----------

I'll be honest, I agree with him but I'm not sure if its due to my negligence of the kit.

I keep shuffle up, try to time my guards for when appropriate, and (after the change) make sure chi wave's bouncing and I've got Expel harm when I need it, but I've always felt extremely squishy on my Monk. I've begun/started leveling up a Warrior and DK with intent to try tanking on them, but the challenge of regearing them for current and next tier is pretty daunting.

The problem I have is, right as ToT started and even at the end of last tier, I always felt like a detriment to the raid. I don't have the effective health a warrior or pally can bring to the raid, so if I get hit big I'm hurting a lot more then they are and for those moments I really have no "Oh shit" button to save myself with. It makes me feel like a burden on our healers, and while I was pulling good/great damage as my Monk, I always felt I wasn't their to be a damage dealer. My first, and main goal, was to make sure I kept the DPS and Healers clean from any enemy characters and stay alive while doing it. Maybe I just misplayed the class, but I felt I was doing everything I was told to do (keep shuffle up, purify at high yellow/red, use Guard on big damage or during times of consistent damage to mitigate it) but it never seemed like enough, maybe its just my confidence as a Tank but who knows.

Warriors seemed completely alien to me, and while I had thought Monks were one of the weakest at the start of this tier I've seen they're apparently really strong and have attempted to pick the reigns back up again, though I'm not sure what else I can change besides the gear I wear.
    BIS lists are mostly irrelevant unless you are full clearing on heroic farm for weeks. Understand stat priorities and decide if pieces are upgrades on an individual basis. Our 2 piece is amazing and our 4 piece is great so you do want to make sure to get and keep those.

Sorry but if you feel like a detriment there are probably a lot of things you can improve upon and I don't think it's a problem with the class. Brewmasters are fantastic tanks with high dps and good raid utility through Black Ox Statue raid shielding.

Keeping Shuffle up while tanking is mandatory, it's a given as a Monk. The skill is using Elusive Brew effectively, timing Guard for big hits, having good reaction time to Expel Harm or picking up Gift of the Ox orbs and using cooldowns effectively. You need to provide logs and your armory or it's hard for us to give specific advice. What fights do you struggle on? What parts?

Just saying generally "you feel like a detriment" is understandable if you are having trouble and frustrated, but if you want help we need details.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    --snip--
    You and I have the best boots ever don't we in our armories :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    You and I have the best boots ever don't we in our armories :P.
    How the hell do you still have a 496 =P
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bad luck. And being poor as shit to not have the crafted =/. I even do LFR every week for the lfr version of the iron qon boots, nothing. Coin them in heroic every week and nothing. And they never drop from the boss each week either. So yea, bad luck here.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    How the hell do you still have a 496 =P
    Don't look at my weapon.

I coin on Coucil, Dark Animus, and Twin Consorts every week. Nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Don't look at my weapon.
    Good thing you can't see in my bank *pushes the 541 1H, 535 2H, and 2x 528 1H out of sight*
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lucky for me, I'm the only one who wants my weapons so yea I'm covered there.

Our feral got the IQ 522 boots, he said I can have the first heroic pair that drops so fingers crossed.

I'm still rocking a fully upgraded LFR ToES helm. I can't get the helm to drop from Jin'Rokh or Twin Consorts in LFR or Normals when my Guild still ran it.

Managed to snag Thunderforged IQ boots the first time we cleared him though so that was cool.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to think the IQ boots don't exist :/

Hell, I just got my 4th piece of tier tonight.
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    IQ boots don't exist -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    The piece of gear that doesn't exist is Ji-Kun's bloody belt.

damn i but be the luckiest monk around here belt, boots, weapon, trinkets, helm...well..everything. lootgod is with me i think. (armory is windwalker crap)

(but still never ever saw that trinket dropped from jinrok)
    13/13

Monk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    This is so true, I have never seen it drop even once.
    Not even on normal, and I coin every single week..

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bad luck bonus roll protection my ass...
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Quote Originally Posted by NRL1515 View Post
    Bad luck bonus roll protection my ass...
    That only applies to LFR. Next tier it will apply to normal/heroic.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 10:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Apoulsen View Post
    This is so true, I have never seen it drop even once.
    Not even on normal, and I coin every single week..
    1st week I got mine. But I went all tier until last week, or the week before until I got a single trinket. RNG is RNG and it always sucks.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

I got incredibly lucky to get my boots from a heroic scenario. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Dimzum/simple

In tanking news, we had a new tank in for Council last night. He died almost immediately after Sul was killed. I ended up solo tanking Marli and Frost King the rest of the fight. My pucker factor was at a 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    I got super lucky and coined a heroic thunderforged belt on our first heroic Ji-Kun kill last week :]
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Deleted
    Black market AH spec ftw. Boots I've seen 4 times now, missed out on 3 of em because they expired mid-raid but got them eventually. Have yet to see a ring pop up though.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    That only applies to LFR. Next tier it will apply to normal/heroic.[COLOR="red"]
    Source? I was under the impression it applied to all bonus rolls. Patch notes: