10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    You raid 25 man, in 10m the tanks are always getting the dot plus the dps buff. Like I said, we get trucked. It is RnG but it happens more times than not from recollection.
    Not often the damage ramps up the opposite way in the 10m vs 25m game haha.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    How you doing in your raids Surreal? Past dark animus yet :P?

And we're getting to phase 3 on lei shen now.

10+ Year Old Account
    We working on DA but I'm out of town all week in San Diego for work which is making me die inside that Comic Con is going on at the same time =/

Really seems more like waiting on the rest of the raid to not mess up the tanking part is fairly straight forward with 3 tanks (DK + pally's clearing debuffs). So hopefully next week when I'm back we blast through it.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by GloriousBastard View Post
    Is there some kind of rotation?
    typical rotation would be more of a priority rotation than an actual dps rotation. mostly make sure you always have shuffle up, and keg smash when on rotation. the rest is purely circumstantial. i'll use guard when i know im going to get hit pretty hard, and fort brew and either dampen harm/magic depending on the fight. things like oondasta, i'll use guard the first 3 frill blasts, dampen magic the 4th, fort brew/guard the 5th, and if it gets to a sixth, zen meditation.

Big nerf to Rushing Jade Wind there. Removing the increased SCK bonus and Shuffle and just straight replacing SCK when talented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else getting a wierd bug where using Glyph of Jab shifts you out of Sturdy Ox when you zone?

Also, has anyone tested to see if the Legendary Dps Cloak proc scales with vengeance, seeing as it's AP now.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Big nerf to Rushing Jade Wind there. Removing the increased SCK bonus and Shuffle and just straight replacing SCK when talented.
    I think it's a click-and-forget aoe aura, rather than what it was. It replaces spin-kick, and I don't see where it states 'must channel'. I wonder if Storm earth and fire clones will be able to use it, like they are able to use the current version? Well, they better, or they won't have any aoe with this.

Would that make it a 'keep it up as much as possible' spell, even single target?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Also, has anyone tested to see if the Legendary Dps Cloak proc scales with vengeance, seeing as it's AP now.
    It will do. Would be very surprised if it didn't, that'd be some weird coding.

Fun how this change was made right after I buy the tank cloak on live! Ah well. The tank cloak is still very nice, so hopefully we'll be able to swap and change depending on the encounter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gattsu125 View Post
    Would that make it a 'keep it up as much as possible' spell, even single target?
    I don't think so, because it'd be 40 energy spent every 4.5 seconds which isn't generating Chi. That'd probably overall be a DPS loss.

Will be interesting in AoE though, especially if it doesn't require channeling as you say.

I dont think so. It is more than a jap replacement in heavy aoe fight where Xuen isn't so good.

Heavy AoE Figghts: Keep RJW up > use Jap if RJW is up > Use all other spells
    Single Target Focus: use Xuen

but now this tier of talents seems wired.
    We now have a good single target talent, and 2 Aoe Talents. Yes Chi Torbpedo heals raid members. i would feel bether for xuen and replace him with a hybrid version of Chi Torpedo and RJW...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Fun how this change was made right after I buy the tank cloak on live! Ah well. The tank cloak is still very nice, so hopefully we'll be able to swap and change depending on the encounter.
    At least I'm not the only one. I feel slightly better now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Anyone else getting a wierd bug where using Glyph of Jab shifts you out of Sturdy Ox when you zone?
    having the same problem ...

It will do. Would be very surprised if it didn't, that'd be some weird coding.

I did the same with dps one, which I bought just before procs got datamined. I believe I will get second one anyway for specific encounters.

Also got a question:

Got three trinkets: Renataki's Soul Charm hc upgraded (543 ilvl), Bad Juju hc upgraded (543 ilvl), and Rune of Re-origination normal upgraded (530 ilvl). Since I don't have survival problems wouldn't changing Rune to Juju nerf my dps?

Edit: also got a question regarding primordius hc 10 man - on our only pull we got him to 47% and the wipe occured because the add spawned near kited boss. Is there a way to prevent it? Like a spawn pattern? Or is it random?
    Last edited by Vasilisa; 2013-07-18 at 09:15 AM.

The new Rushing Jade Wind looks interesting, and yeah as people are saying it's probably going to be great for 3+ target AoE fights. And the talent will continue to be good for CMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Edit: also got a question regarding primordius hc 10 man - on our only pull we got him to 47% and the wipe occured because the add spawned near kited boss. Is there a way to prevent it? Like a spawn pattern? Or is it random?
    Roll away from it.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

my guild is up to normal lei shen and i was wondering if anyone had any quick tips for it. in a 10 man guild.

I think it's a click-and-forget aoe aura, rather than what it was. It replaces spin-kick, and I don't see where it states 'must channel'. I wonder if Storm earth and fire clones will be able to use it, like they are able to use the current version? Well, they better, or they won't have any aoe with this.

It'll behave exactly like SCK (40 energy, generates 1 chi on 3+ targets), but looks like it won't be channeled. You're basically getting a few extra globals compared to our current spinning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by imbanane View Post
    having the same problem ...
    good to know it's not just me had to swap the glyph out, but it's... kinda wierd, there's no interaction between the glyph and stances, how did this even GET bugged out?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevan View Post
    It'll behave exactly like SCK (40 energy, generates 1 chi on 3+ targets), but looks like it won't be channeled. You're basically getting a few extra globals compared to our current spinning.
    I'm wondering if it will work out where this can promote haste stacking so you can keep it active on single target and then use KS/Jab to fuel Chi with remaining energy. Just a thought no time to play on PTR myself.
    [/URL]

I don't think so, because it'd be 40 energy spent every 4.5 seconds which isn't generating Chi. That'd probably overall be a DPS loss.

Will be interesting in AoE though, especially if it doesn't require channeling as you say.
    Oh yeah, forgot about the energy cost. Derp. I guess I just have the mentality that SCK is neutral energy, as you regen most of it by the time the channel ends.
    Last edited by Kotori125; 2013-07-18 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    I'm wondering if it will work out where this can promote haste stacking so you can keep it active on single target and then use KS/Jab to fuel Chi with remaining energy. Just a thought no time to play on PTR myself.
    just looking over some simple math for a 6 minute fight we would be losing roughly 80 chi generation on single target to maintain RJW. Would have to be a significant damage boost to lose that much chi over.

Also for other options, with Xuen getting a pet bar and us getting vengeance for the damage he takes, there would be room to abuse the 95% pet AoE damage reduction at times to have him stand in the fire for us. I am not 100% on this but if it works I have a feeling it would be nerfed quickly.
    Last edited by matthias9742; 2013-07-18 at 05:12 PM.