Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably keep the damage meta gem, maybe swap it for heroic progression if I need it.

But I'm def. taking the tanking cloak, that proc is just amazing for heroic progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both the meta and the cloak have nice proccs for progression. But especially because of the mentioned huge dmg nerf to BrM being the vengeance nerf I'm probably still going with both DPS meta and cloak for 10man since a dying tank is mostly not the reason for a wipe. At least in my guild.

Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    Is anyone considering switching to tanking meta if it's buffed 50%? Or does the whole "damage is always useful, mitigation proc only somtimes" argument still win out?
    apparently not only has it been changed to prevent any damage (not only physical) but it should have about a 47% uptime....thats pretty damn nice. also, a slight nerf to dps meta proc rate...

the new meta will come with 5.4 or before as a hotfix?
    13/13

Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    the new meta will come with 5.4 or before as a hotfix?
    It will come with 5.4

cool, looking forward to this.
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    apparently not only has it been changed to prevent any damage (not only physical) but it should have about a 47% uptime....thats pretty damn nice. also, a slight nerf to dps meta proc rate...
    Any blue posts, data that confirms this? If so, I would probably equip the meta for progression early on along with tank cloak and completely remove tank deaths from the equation. As it is now, tank deaths are rare unless we are cheesing mechanics, but in progression we don't really cheese at all. But with dps meta nerf, legendary dps cloak sucking, vengeance nerf, keg smash nerf, we might as well just be a guardian. 8P

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only been watching the videos rarely play on the PTR are the fights riddled with timed "tank killer" mechanics like ToT was? Besides having a rather meh proc the fact you can't guarantee it is up for the timed moments you are going to be spiked is what has made it suck.

Even with a 47% uptime if general melee dmg isn't killing us would it be worth it in T16 fights?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    As it is now, tank deaths are rare unless we are cheesing mechanics, but in progression we don't really cheese at all. But with dps meta nerf, legendary dps cloak sucking, vengeance nerf, keg smash nerf, we might as well just be a guardian. 8P
    I usually die to personal mistakes or due to the raid riding the wipe train so that is my general feelings to.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post

Even with a 47% uptime if general melee dmg isn't killing us would it be worth it in T16 fights?
    If it was changed to all damage though, not just physical then a close to 50% uptime would be a good thing. Even if we cannot plan for it for those hard hitting magical hits, it could be up for some and just make it all around safer.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is why I was curious how the T16 fights were looking. The event you describe really only applies to Meg and Lei Shen P3 if your talking ToT?
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Any blue posts, data that confirms this? If so, I would probably equip the meta for progression early on along with tank cloak and completely remove tank deaths from the equation. As it is now, tank deaths are rare unless we are cheesing mechanics, but in progression we don't really cheese at all. But with dps meta nerf, legendary dps cloak sucking, vengeance nerf, keg smash nerf, we might as well just be a guardian. 8P
    Whoa now? Why is the legendary dps cloak sucking? Just some testing you've done on the PTR?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimzum View Post
    Whoa now? Why is the legendary dps cloak sucking? Just some testing you've done on the PTR?
    I have not tested, but others have and they stated it was 1-2% of their dps. Rogues were complaining it was even less than that, and the proc is still broken for Hunters because it applies to their pets and pets are buggy as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have not tested, but others have and they stated it was 1-2% of their dps. Rogues were complaining it was even less than that, and the proc is still broken for Hunters because it applies to their pets and pets are buggy as hell.
    If it's really that bad, Blizzard is probably going tp buff it. Nevertheless 1-2% is still 1-2%. The tank cloak gives no DPS at all. While it maybe nice for some tank killers on progression I still think it's not worth it. Especially since the only tank killer in SoO that comes to my mind is Nazgrim's Execute and that's not even that dangerous from what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyria View Post
    If it's really that bad, Blizzard is probably going tp buff it. Nevertheless 1-2% is still 1-2%. The tank cloak gives no DPS at all. While it maybe nice for some tank killers on progression I still think it's not worth it. Especially since the only tank killer in SoO that comes to my mind is Nazgrim's Execute and that's not even that dangerous from what I've seen.
    It isn't really about tank killer's perse, but the removal of mistakes during progression from healers/dps. If DPS are screwing up, and healers are spending time focuing more on them, then we get unlucky RNG and get trucked its a world of hurt for us and could potentially cause a wipe. If it can possibly save us, it might save some attempts overall and net faster kills.

Initially I was against the tank cloak with a passion, but the goal is still to remain the top US 10m guild for next tier, and possibly ensuring that wipes aren't related to premature tank deaths for us might mean the difference between #1 and #2.

DPS cloak is 4-5% on pure ST fights. It spikes up quite high on high veng cleave fights. It was 25% of my dmg on garrosh and ~18% on galakras

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    DPS cloak is 4-5% on pure ST fights. It spikes up quite high on high veng cleave fights. It was 25% of my dmg on garrosh and ~18% on galakras
    Well those are not small numbers. Sounding like we will end up picking both if they don't tweak the DPS one since it sounds kinda weak single target and amazing on add fights.
    [/URL]

10+ Year Old Account
    Well those are not small numbers. Sounding like we will end up picking both if they don't tweak the DPS one since it sounds kinda weak single target and amazing on add fights.
    Well I will buy both nonetheless. Options are always good.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    Did they buff them already from the initial numbers people were reporting when they were first obtained?

They didn't rly buff it, they changed it for the better. Instead of scaling with Wep Dmg, it scales with AP now, so vengeance affects it completely.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've only been watching the videos rarely play on the PTR are the fights riddled with timed "tank killer" mechanics like ToT was? Besides having a rather meh proc the fact you can't guarantee it is up for the timed moments you are going to be spiked is what has made it suck.

- - - Updated - - -

I usually die to personal mistakes or due to the raid riding the wipe train so that is my general feelings to.
    I have some fights from a brewmaster pov on my twitch page from PTR if you're interested in seeing them. But why wouldn't you at least get the tank cloak just to make damn sure you rule out the tank deaths from bad play as no one's perfect.

I know I'm going to have both of them for sure and swap when needed, etc.