Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm nowhere near done looking at the loot drops btw. Just from what I've seen and put in so far. Thanks for pointing out I could ink out for mastery in my list btw.

And yes, I'm 25H. I don't claim this is BiS for everyone either, just figured I'd share what I may be doing and going for.
    Last edited by Bryce; 2013-08-22 at 08:48 AM.

Deleted
    For me personally the concept of BiS is dead. Upgrades in 10 mann raids are rare enough as it is.

The quickest way to get a drop list is wowhead's sort-by-slot with a stat weight of you choice, like: this.

Most items are within 1% to 2% of the alternatives. When you consider reforging, gemming, capping (hit + exp) it's close to impossible to consider an item BiS without taking your current gear into account. The differences are marginal anyway.

Okay, so maybe haste/mastery items are not at the top of my list, but both stats are not awful for us and who else is gonna want that? Might as well ;-)

Here is a link to the WoWhead 25mH Theoretical BiS list that I will be using. with added stat weights centralized around 25m H tanking rather than 10m.

Click Here
    Last edited by Protozoa7; 2013-08-22 at 04:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't really seen much need for a BiS list as a monk, maybe if I was running 10m and was trying to avoid Mastery completely but I'm very much a "moar is better" mentality and just care about getting higher iLevel items. So really I'm looking for:
    1) Will it force me over hit/expertise cap wasting stats?
    2) Avoid parry/dodge itemization if even applicable.
    3) Socket bonus good?
    4) Tier 2p/4p

AMR does a pretty good job of spitting out a grand master best every woo lucky me list but how many of us will actually see that pristine configuration? Just a quick look at the wowhead list seems to indicate most of our choices are well itemized with good socket bonus (mostly agil on Tier) so I'll take what my drops and coins bring my way.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

OKAY so since my wowhead link sucks I decided to just type it out. Here is the best gear by slot that I have compiled.

Chest

1. Tier Sha of Pride

2. Lazahk's Lost Shadowrap Malkorok

Feet

1. Unrepentant Heels Galakras

2. Stonetoe's Tormented Treads The Fallen Protectors

3. Pandaren Roofsprinters Spoils of Pandaria

Finger

1. Swift Serpent Signet Galakras

2. Reality Ripper Ring Norushen

3. Ring of Restless Energy Malkorok

Hands

1. Gloves of the Golden Protector Norushen

2. Korgra's Venom-Soaked Gauntlets Galakras

3. Tier General Nazgrim

Head

1. Tier Thok the Bloodthirsty

2. Hood of Blackened Tears Immerseus

3. Kor'kron Elite Skullmask Garrosh Hellscream

Legs

1. Tier Paragons of the Klaxxi

2. Riou's Vigilant Leggings Kor'kron Dark Shaman

Neck

1. Gleaming Eye of the Devilsaur Thok the Bloodthirsty

2. Immerseus' Crystalline Eye Immerseus

Weapon1h

1. Softfoot's Last Resort The Fallen Protectors

2. Korven's Crimson Crescent Paragons of the Klaxxi

3. Enchanted Shao-Tien Saber Spoils of Pandaria

Weapon2h

1. Trident of Corrupted Waters Immerseus

2. Kor'kron Spire of Supremacy Garrosh

3. Halberd of Inner Shadows Malkorok

Shoulder

1. Ricocheting Shoulderguards Iron Juggernaut

2. Tier Siegecrafter Blackfuse

Trinkets

1. Ticking Ebon Detonator Siegecrafter Blackfuse

2. Juggernaut's Focusing Crystal Iron Juggernaut

3. Curse of Hubris Garrosh Hellscream

Waist

1.Damron's Belt of Darkness Kor'kron Dark Shaman

2. Cord of Black Dreams Garrosh Hellscream

Wrist

1. Laser Burn Bracers Iron Juggernaut

2. Mantid Carapace Augments Spoils of Pandaria

3. Bomber's Blackened Wristwatch Siegecrafter Blackfuse

Just realise that our tier 16 armor has 1100 more crit, 2400 more haste, 800 more exp than tier 15, and 0 mastery and 0 hit rating.
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/itemset=1191
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/itemset=-734

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protozoa7 View Post
    OKAY so since my wowhead link sucks I decided to just type it out. Here is the best gear by slot that I have compiled.
    how did you come up with this list?
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    how did you come up with this list?
    I used wowhead to sort the SoO loot based on stat weights preferable to a 25m H tank. I.e Crit > Mastery > Haste etc and from there it sorted by slot the loot that best matched those given stat weights. People can take this list and not use it as the end all be all but I have included what I feel is "BiS" and listed below those will be upgrades that are good for that slot but not BiS though the upgrades should definitely not be overlooked.
    Last edited by Protozoa7; 2013-08-24 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Protozoa7 View Post
    stat weights preferable to a 25m H tank. I.e Crit > Mastery > Haste
    Crit is not preferred over mastery in 25HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Crevan View Post
    Crit is not preferred over mastery in 25HC.
    It depends on who you talk to. I know both him and Daught have more crit than they do mastery. Daught has said on repeated occasions that he takes crit over mastery for more damage, and that mastery is better than crit for mitigation. It's basically a healthy balance you should look for, get to where you're comfortable with your mitigation (mastery) and then go for the damage (crit).

To summarize the last 220 pages of this thread.. take mastery up to what you feel comfortable with (and you skill level) and then dump all else into crit. There really isn't any leeway to it, mastery = EH, crit = DPS, haste = control.

I feel like this should be bolded in size 72 font on the thread or smth, every other page discusses something beaten to death

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    It depends on who you talk to.
    I know all of that. I also know that depending on where you are on the progression curve, you might want to use different amount of stats. At the start of the patch mastery is more useful that crit, because tank survival matters more at this point. Once you learn the encounters inside-out and get enough gear, dying becomes less of an issue and it's logical to start gearing towards doing more damage. Daught himself was advocating stacking mastery very high at the start of 5.2 (before it was cool), and I assume he switched to crit once progress was over. I even did so myself up to a point - I'm using crit-stacked Rune in farm raids. And I'll switch back to mastery if I'm required to tank anything during SoO progression.

Of course, if one is able to acquire full BiS gear, then they have killed everything they need already. But at that point, your stats don't matter anymore and it becomes a personal choice rather than what's more helpful for your survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Crevan View Post
    I know all of that. I also know that depending on where you are on the progression curve, you might want to use different amount of stats. At the start of the patch mastery is more useful that crit, because tank survival matters more at this point. Once you learn the encounters inside-out and get enough gear, dying becomes less of an issue and it's logical to start gearing towards doing more damage. Daught himself was advocating stacking mastery very high at the start of 5.2 (before it was cool), and I assume he switched to crit once progress was over. I even did so myself up to a point - I'm using crit-stacked Rune in farm raids. And I'll switch back to mastery if I'm required to tank anything during SoO progression.

Of course, if one is able to acquire full BiS gear, then they have killed everything they need already. But at that point, your stats don't matter anymore and it becomes a personal choice rather than what's more helpful for your survival.
    All of this is dead on and like I stated the list is considering BiS so even though the stat weights on gear aim towards higher damage output I also looked to pick up as much mastery as possible with that gear outside of gemming. Alot can be said for the way you change your gemming based on comfort level during progression.

Anyone else seeing our 2pc and 4pc being god awful? Sha of Pride on flex I took a look at: I healed myself for 320k with my 2 pc, and with my 4pc I only healed for about 150k. Granted flex with 12 people Sha doesn't hit hard enough to get red stagger very often so I am sure the healing would somewhat go up in terms of the 4pc.
    Last edited by Wreckage827; 2013-08-26 at 06:43 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably be keeping my 4pT15 until heroic tier is dropping for me.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckage827 View Post
    Anyone else seeing our 2pc and 4pc being god awful? Sha of Pride on flex I took a look at: I healed myself for 320k with my 2 pc, and with my 4pc I only healed for about 150k. Granted flex with 12 people Sha doesn't hit hard enough to get red stagger very often so I am sure the healing would somewhat go up in terms of the 4pc.
    As it stands, I'm looking at using 3/5 - simply for the crit. 4p looks kinda poor for 10man raiding, 2p I have no qualms about one way or the other, I'll get it incidentally with my other gear. If someone has crunched the numbers and the 4p looks worth it, I'll go for it, but from what I gleaned from the item text, I'm not interested in it.
    Vale Minibars, Long live Felbars

Deleted
    The question regarding the 4pc simply is: How much stagger am I going to purify?

For simplicity I will just take my 10HC Iron Qon fight, solotanked, 16k masteryrating (i know 10m and full mastery...but we were trying to have me solotank animus with 3 small ones...simply can't keep the small ones alive to have high vengeance all the time, swift reflexes, dizzying haze and the meta's lightning strike hit like a truck) of yesterday.

Duration = 441 sec.

Damage staggered = 35,334,875
    Stagger damage taken = 9,623,097
    Purified = 25,711,778

25,711,778 x 0.15 = 3,856,766 potential raw healing = 8.7k HPS

Now you need to know how much of this would be overheal.

New notes - weapon component of damage increased and AP scaling reduced by 21% all the way
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    New notes - weapon component of damage increased and AP scaling reduced by 21% all the way
    Just tooltip fixes.

Source: https://twitter.com/devolore/status/372057967123648512

Xpariah
    , Protection Warrior
    Xdh, Vengeance Demon Hunter
    Reckoning, Usually Recruiting
    YouTube & Twitch, Warrior & DH Tank PoV

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taser View Post
    The question regarding the 4pc simply is: How much stagger am I going to purify?

For simplicity I will just take my 10HC Iron Qon fight, solotanked, 16k masteryrating (i know 10m and full mastery...but we were trying to have me solotank animus with 3 small ones...simply can't keep the small ones alive to have high vengeance all the time, swift reflexes, dizzying haze and the meta's lightning strike hit like a truck) of yesterday.

Duration = 441 sec.

Damage staggered = 35,334,875
    Stagger damage taken = 9,623,097
    Purified = 25,711,778

25,711,778 x 0.15 = 3,856,766 potential raw healing = 8.7k HPS

Now you need to know how much of this would be overheal.
    That's not bad as an example and if it looked that good for my raid I'd potentially go for that (though I'm guessing, as you mentioned, a large part of that would be overheal).

Sadly my super casual 10m probably won't make SOO heroics (we struggled massively with doing any ToT ones) so not sure my HPS would be anywhere near worth it. Also obviously, mastery you'll be staggering off way more damage to purify/heal - it shouldn't be the case for the crit build I'm guessing.
    Vale Minibars, Long live Felbars