Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Radio, just taunt anyways and don't melee Garrosh. Surely the other tank will pull it right back off if they don't stop attacking and you do lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Radio, just taunt anyways and don't melee Garrosh. Surely the other tank will pull it right back off if they don't stop attacking and you do lol.
    Until about 30 seconds into the fight I seem to pull garrosh by sneezing anyway so it happens on half of our attempts, but as I said, our officers are being stubborn, doesn't mean they are being rational (first wipe of the night and incorrect wipe association syndrome).

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's talk the T16 2p. On tonights Garrosh kill, which took about a bit over 9 minutes, it did a lackluster 447.3k total healing. I did 166 million damage, 256k DPS. I haven't got the 4p to mess with yet, but I'm starting to feel like the raw stats from Warforged pieces might be better than the set bonuses. The tier is a huge letdown after the T15 bonuses, which were incredible.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

If you want high DPS on Garrosh, just let the try go totally wrong

I still hold the #1 West from our worst garrosh kill where so much went wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    Let's talk the T16 2p. On tonights Garrosh kill, which took about a bit over 9 minutes, it did a lackluster 447.3k total healing. I did 166 million damage, 256k DPS. I haven't got the 4p to mess with yet, but I'm starting to feel like the raw stats from Warforged pieces might be better than the set bonuses. The tier is a huge letdown after the T15 bonuses, which were incredible.
    On my Garrosh kill yesterday 07:36 it healed 1295152 for me, 7,7% - 322k DPS

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...s=9864&e=10321

Another kill 09:51 it healed 2393913 for me, 5,3% - 432k DPS

Its okay i guess, but im not that convinced that the bonus is that good.
    Last edited by Kroni; 2013-10-08 at 09:06 AM.
    Krøni - Kròni - Króni
    10/14HC - http://twitch.tv/kronsc2 (german), also streaming 5.4 Progression

We finally killed Garrosh yesterday (wohoo!), going offensive was a way to go.

I did 210k dps what might not be incredible but taking into account kiting in last phase I'd say it's ok. What I can is that Zen Meditation trick on smashes was quite good and puryfing less often also increased my dmg done (I used Xuen cloak and 530 roro).

As for our tier bonus I'm starting to think like Rixark, on our kill 10:20, 4-piece bonus yielded 337k health (rly? >_>) and 2-piece yielded 870k (srly....) which was respectively 1,8% and 3,1% of my healing done. Out of the 56 mln dmg I took these 1,2 mln is a drop in the ocean. Maybe dropping set (at least 4-piece) and getting non-set ones would do us more good?

Garrosh dropped Curse of Hubris (http://www.wowhead.com/item=102307). I wanted to de it, but our guild leader said that's it's good for brewmaster and I should take it. So it's in my bags atm (I'm an enchanter so it's not a problem if I decide to 'return' it) and I have time until Wednesday to decide whether I want it (and spend epgp on it) or not. So am I missing something or the crit on use is not making up for lack of any useful stat? (I'm using Ranetaki 543 and Roro 530 atm - meh logged out again in dps gear).

And last for now - as we are starting in heroics could you guys give me any tips for the first 3-4 bosses? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Garrosh dropped Curse of Hubris (http://www.wowhead.com/item=102307). I wanted to de it, but our guild leader said that's it's good for brewmaster and I should take it. So it's in my bags atm (I'm an enchanter so it's not a problem if I decide to 'return' it) and I have time until Wednesday to decide whether I want it (and spend epgp on it) or not. So am I missing something or the crit on use is not making up for lack of any useful stat? (I'm using Ranetaki 543 and Roro 530 atm - meh logged out again in dps gear).
    Gz on the kill! Im sorry to say that your RL has no clue about BRM then, the trinket is total crap. Stamina trinkets are not very good unless they have a very very good bonus (i wear the CD reduce trinket on some fights because it really makes a difference). Crit on use does give you maybe a little DPS increase on the pull which will then vanish into lower DPS overall then wearing a proper roro/juju/renataki.
    Krøni - Kròni - Króni
    10/14HC - http://twitch.tv/kronsc2 (german), also streaming 5.4 Progression

Thanks Kroni, that's the answer I expected to hear Personally I'm hoping for detonator and Dark Shaman trinket (as I don't expect us going back to Tot for hc roro soon :P)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    http://elitistjerks.com/f99/t131791-...10_7_13_a/p34/

I always prefer linking stuff instead of answering questions. TL;DR trinket is garbage.

Been ages since I've looked at EJ. Thanks for reminding me about that Good to hear that I'm haven't lost all my mind in the terms of trinkets.

I would've used a Curse of Hubris on some of our (heroic) kills :-(

Situational trinkets are situational. Aside from the generically good Thok's Tail Tip & Ticking Ebon Detonator, you should be switching and replacing trinkets for progression fights all the time. I know I've used at least 8 different trinkets for our kills thus far, and Curse of Hubris would've been in for at least three or four fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    I would've used a Curse of Hubris on some of our (heroic) kills :-(

Situational trinkets are situational. Aside from the generically good Thok's Tail Tip & Ticking Ebon Detonator, you should be switching and replacing trinkets for progression fights all the time. I know I've used at least 8 different trinkets for our kills thus far, and Curse of Hubris would've been in for at least three or four fights.
    For what kills? Just curious, since I can imagine Klaxi for keeping EB high for this active mitigation stuff (+small dps boost for amber trap in 10m) but can't think of much else.

EDIT: Obviously also depends on how much crit/mastery you're running.
    Last edited by mmoc0d1056ec69; 2013-10-08 at 09:57 AM.

Thok's Tail Tip - could you elaborate more about that? How much 'generally good' is that? Would it be worth to get it over one of my current trinkets?

By "generally good," I mean it's an all-around trinket that provides some decent damage and decent survival (sort of like hubris, except hubris is more towards the survival end).

Assuming I picked it up week 1, I would've used it on juggernaut, thok, seigecrafter, paragons. Juggernaut, thok, and paragons because I used comparable survival trinkets that provided less dps, and seigecrafter because a crit on use every minute - shredders spawn each minute - that increases your dps by ~15-20% after death from above and he's taking triple damage? Tasty.

I can't disagree with Pisshand's evaluation of the trinket for survival, but to be honest, the survival perks of crit is next to zero anyway and the only reason I have any is because I want dps. The stamina on top of the burst crit is just gravy for those fights where EH is the way to go.

As for Thok's, it's generally accepted as the 2nd highest dps trinket this tier (behind Haromm's) and the second highest mastery - ie survival - trinket this tier (behind TED). It's BIS for progression in general, so I'm fairly sure it's better than your second best trinket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same as Vasilisa - we also downed Garrosh yesterday (same guidld different team tho hehe)
    For me it was total defensive setup def meta def cloak and full of mastery BUT that was my role i had to survive help with stacks on our MT (prot papa who did over 300k dmg hell lots of heal etc etc).

i went with Renataki's Soul Charm 543 and Ticking Ebon Detonator 561

Talents:

Celerity / Chi Wave / Ascension / Ring of peace / Diffuse Magic / Invoke Xuen, the White tiger

Used Xen on "between phases" to get soem dps on garosh
    Used Diffuse Magic and Zen med on wirlwing
    RoP on possesed players at 3rd phase
    3rd phase ive kited adds so raid can focus on boss and get him down.

Celerity was a way to go for me - its easier to kit mobs under iron star and run away when u can, and i prefer to have 3 "fast movements" over one speed
    Thx for all advices guys

On Garrosh, our Pally tank normally tanks him for the entirety of P1, and I only taunt for some vengeance (so I actually hold aggro on the adds, over him) when the adds come in, he taunts almost immediately back off me, as you can see here:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...um/damageDone/

Thus, I just go with Xuen (for some reason our dps is pathetic, (having one tank go DPS spec doesn't help much though) and we decide to hold off Garrosh for one extra absorbed phase so his abilities reset). It's a little more handy than just some extra AoE in p1 for myself.

For the past 2 raids I've been DPSing since we've been short one, and in our latest kill, our DK tank (we have 3 tanks) went DPS because "there was a problem healing the tanks", so I went tank and it went slow, but the healers said it's much easier to heal me than the other tanks.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...=855#Kuroiwolf

Siegecrafter - I came second as WW (I was solely on the boss) - 10N
    Spoils - I died VERY early on, because our DK can't hold aggro - 10N
    Thok - Both tanks died for some reason - 10N
    Paragons - 3rd with no buffs (I wasn't padding like a baddie)

It goes to shit whenever I'm not tanking >_>
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

I noticed that in garrosh adds in phase 1 you have to be careful to not show your back to then, I did that in accident and just got exploded lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eijy View Post
    I noticed that in garrosh adds in phase 1 you have to be careful to not show your back to then, I did that in accident and just got exploded lol
    I was sure that showing your back to tanked mob is considered faux pas in tanking in general, not only on Garrosh...

Duh, im awared of that XD the interresting thing is in this boss is alot more of punishement for doing that, dont mind me, I like to do some crazy experiments to know some bizarre things in wow.

and it can happen by accident, our first try of garrosh my dk tank and I were fighting over the adds agroo, because i wasnt tanking garrosh and so not getting vengeance.

hehe cant get that i have to ask this but, galakras flex, 1 keg and i got every damn mob on me> barerly time to get shuffle etc up> dead.

how should i handle these add waves? avoid KS until other tank got some aggro or? cuz as it stands now i got totally wrecked
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    hehe cant get that i have to ask this but, galakras flex, 1 keg and i got every damn mob on me> barerly time to get shuffle etc up> dead.

how should i handle these add waves? avoid KS until other tank got some aggro or? cuz as it stands now i got totally wrecked
    Only the first wave should be any trouble, as there's a couple of melee ones there so you can just pop Fortifying Brew.

The next wave has 2 gunners, a shaman and then some light melee mobs, meaning a lot less damage inc.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|