Deleted
    Assuming you're not perfectly comfortable with your rotation yet I would put a bit more into haste than most people suggest (6k at your gear level would be nice).

And for SoO LFR or flex at least Mastery build seems the way to go if you want to do it with the bare minimum required (ilvl496). I would refrain from actually getting stamina gems or using a stamina flask though. Stamina enchant on chest is pretty decent bang for your buck on the other side.

If you were extremely confident and good with your cooldown usage you probably could get away with a crit build (also a lot more fun to play) but no need to risk it until you get a bit better gear/more experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by honj90 View Post
    Assuming you're not perfectly comfortable with your rotation yet I would put a bit more into haste than most people suggest (6k at your gear level would be nice).

And for SoO LFR or flex at least Mastery build seems the way to go if you want to do it with the bare minimum required (ilvl496). I would refrain from actually getting stamina gems or using a stamina flask though. Stamina enchant on chest is pretty decent bang for your buck on the other side.

If you were extremely confident and good with your cooldown usage you probably could get away with a crit build (also a lot more fun to play) but no need to risk it until you get a bit better gear/more experience.
    Yeah thing is my main is protection pal, and with all the passive heals/blocks I have, I was pondering the same doubts as you are now because monks are much more "active" mitigation (2+mechanics instead of 1) and very poor passive mitigation (low armor, no blocks). It's extremely fun to play, and I just love it. a bit scared to be squished like our MW who respecced for SoO nm (538 ilvl he was). He took as much damage as our war dps who gained aggro dixit our healers.
    I'll give your advice a try, and if confident enough, will try crit afterwards.
    Last edited by mmocb71f6e42a0; 2013-10-10 at 11:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protozoa7 View Post
    GOD YES! Thok is a prime example and seeing as how I nearly ALWAYS respec to get agility food I notice I will get usually 50-60% of the vengeance my warrior cotank gets. It is a once in a blue moon deal when I can breakk 300k vengeance on any boss aside from H Siegecrafter atm and even then its like a prayer has been answered. I will test this more tonight and forgoe the extra agility and do straight stam food from the noodle carts and get back to you with my oh so wonderfullios findings.
    i thought i was going crazy glad to see i'm not the only one with this problem

Deleted
    Quick question, aren't we supposed to only get a damage reduction buff when we get purified on Norushen? Dungeon journal says so, but I noticed the corruption debuff said 25% damage increase when I was purified. I had a short clash with my raid leader last night on whether it was worth to get purified at 2min15sec before the enrage. Didn't matter too much since we killed him fairly quickly, but I am just curious and didn't want to wait until the next week to get the answer.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the 15% blanket nerf + the nerfs to KS didn't bother me at all as we had somewhat over the top DPS.
    But I recently switched to another guild where I tank with a prot warrior. Granted he got around 561 ilvl and I got 549.
    ( We both have no wep from SoO, so we running with 2/2 upgraded wep from ToT)

He beats me on about every single encounter in terms of dmg done (While gearing for defensive stats, while I go crit as I play in a 10 man guild), the only fights where I beat him is on massive AoE fights (gala heroic, spoil heroic) We currently progressing on Siegecrafter Blackfuse Heroic - I've only had 3 pulls on the fight so far, so not the best sample. (and on those pulls somebody fucked up, so we didn't have the fire/lazer for extra DPS on the add) But I am rly struggling to kill the add in time with 3 stack, while the warrior just wrecks it.

Anyone have any tips on this fight?
    Last edited by Drodoo; 2013-10-11 at 09:37 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by honj90 View Post
    Quick question, aren't we supposed to only get a damage reduction buff when we get purified on Norushen? Dungeon journal says so, but I noticed the corruption debuff said 25% damage increase when I was purified. I had a short clash with my raid leader last night on whether it was worth to get purified at 2min15sec before the enrage. Didn't matter too much since we killed him fairly quickly, but I am just curious and didn't want to wait until the next week to get the answer.
    Purified and the corruption debuff are two different buffs, but i think they removed the purified buff when they reworked the fight (only affected people who did this on the first week), so now it's basically normal mode with more damage and orbs. Blizzard is just being lazy with the journal and hasn't updated the information.

P.S Has anyone noticed that the automated shredders on Siegecrafter lose the damage taken from the blades after a short while? Just wondering if it's a bug/change or am i just hallusinating
    Last edited by mmoca9d48ebf0f; 2013-10-11 at 12:34 PM.

Either one works. No seriously, either one's perfectly viable. The only real difference you're going to feel is that while dual wielding you will have slightly higher DPS and your elusive brew will stack up at a smoother pace... however going with a 2hander that's a significant ilvl upgrade from your two 1handers will not be detrimental. If you aren't sure if it's worth it, don't hesitate to ask the community!

So i will!

[Trident of Corrupted Waters] 2h staff from first boss

VS

[Enchanted Shao-Tien Saber] 1h from spoils
    +
    [Softfoot's Last Resort] 1h from fallen protectors.

dw will provide a very small amount more of secondary than the 2h. but i will lose stamina and agility. dw also will give 2x dancing steel. so im a bit in a fizzle with this one. since im quite low on hp as i feel at (619k hp unbuffed) im not sure what to grab here
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vutk View Post
    P.S Has anyone noticed that the automated shredders on Siegecrafter lose the damage taken from the blades after a short while? Just wondering if it's a bug/change or am i just hallusinating
    Try pulling him away and back into a blade (or over to a new one if close) Shredder seems to forget he is standing by one after Death From Above I've noticed.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    So i will!

[Trident of Corrupted Waters] 2h staff from first boss

VS

[Enchanted Shao-Tien Saber] 1h from spoils
    +
    [Softfoot's Last Resort] 1h from fallen protectors.

dw will provide a very small amount more of secondary than the 2h. but i will lose stamina and agility. dw also will give 2x dancing steel. so im a bit in a fizzle with this one. since im quite low on hp as i feel at (619k hp unbuffed) im not sure what to grab here
    If all the weapons are the same ilvl then it goes to personal preference. 2h is by nature the "tankier" weapon choice because of the stamina and DW is the "damage" oriented choice. While I prefer dw to 2h I know that if the 2h is 8ilvl>Average of the 2-1h then I must use the 2h. Beyond that you can boil the choice down to which looks better and matches your xmog.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ewtul/advanced

Anything glaringly wrong? I just came back off a 4 month break and while I have tried to read what you all have posted from 5.4 changes I am not sure I got it correct... I will be tanking normal 10 man Soo.

I would only exchane meta for tanking one. Other then that - it seems fine.

Deleted
    Hey guys, i'm wondering about xuen. From a dps PoV (first night on Malkorak hc tomorrow) should i pop him on pull or should i pop him with 500k vengeance during blood rage.

on that note, do we know what stat's effect him/ his output, does he snapshot our stat's etc?

/thanks

Xuen scales dynamically with your stats but using him when you're tanking and having vengeance will certainly give you the most bang for your buck.

Since malkorok is only a 6 minute fight at most you'll only get two uses of him (used at the start 0:00, 3:00, 6:00 but then its a wipe anyways). So you could pop him when the first blood rage starts (About 2:35 into the encounter), enjoy that vengence and then have him back up at the 5:35 minute mark (you should just be coming out of blood rage again so you'll still have a healthy amount of vengence, especially if you pick him up after). Keep in mind you'll have 25 seconds on enrage so you won't get to fully utilize his damage.

Toning back to 2:25 would buy you an extra 10 seconds of Xuen on the back end while preserving having him through blood rage (for the vengence) and a little after. You'll also have somewhat decent vengence if you pick him up after the second blood rage so it won't all be lost and xuen would still do a good bit of damage.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Protozoa7 View Post
    GOD YES! Thok is a prime example and seeing as how I nearly ALWAYS respec to get agility food I notice I will get usually 50-60% of the vengeance my warrior cotank gets. It is a once in a blue moon deal when I can breakk 300k vengeance on any boss aside from H Siegecrafter atm and even then its like a prayer has been answered. I will test this more tonight and forgoe the extra agility and do straight stam food from the noodle carts and get back to you with my oh so wonderfullios findings.
    If I remember correctly changing your loot specialization will get you a different buff as well

Deleted
    He guys, is there a actuall BiS List for Brewmasters? I had a short brake and need a bit of information what BrM is about now.

Thx guys.

Greetings

Quote Originally Posted by Densalo View Post
    If I remember correctly changing your loot specialization will get you a different buff as well
    I have not seen that to be the case, even tonight I still need to respec in order to get agility from cart food, loot spec is set as WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Genoqt View Post
    He guys, is there a actuall BiS List for Brewmasters? I had a short brake and need a bit of information what BrM is about now.

Thx guys.

Greetings
    I haven't found one (aka I haven't looked), but there are two "main" schools of thought where you stack crit and stack mastery. Then there's a huge wide spectrum that's in between. I'd reccomend coming up with your own BiS list according to your needs (I want X mastery, Y Crit, and Z Haste). Now if you want a BiS list for maximum dps that'd be a bit easier.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Genoqt View Post

Thx guys.

Greetings
    Since we need most stats and much can be reforged, there is no real BiS list for Brewmasters.

There are several "BiS lists" for trinkets which are the only items with a significant impact on our defense/offense.

For the fun of it I've compared a theoretical BiS list with a theoretical Worst-in-Slot list and the difference in score was a whopping 1.04%.

So if you're not into min-maxing to the extreme just take what you can get/whatever drops.

If you are looking for a quick list try AskMrRobot. They actually chose items based on your caps/breakpoints to be optimal in their synergy.

Between 5.2 and 5.4 i didn't play my monk as much as i hoped so he had to be put on hold until now. came back. and felt that i had no clue what i was doing anymore.

so ive been reading this tread alot back and forth.

and i must thank you all for the help and tips/ideas ive gained from this thread. thanks to it i went from "wtf im so squishy" to not even have to use purify

so cheers all! im heading the right way again!

as a fun thing il just leave this SS here "even tho its flex i feel darn happy with the learning curve atm"

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

We are struggling a bit with the timers in heroic spoils of pandaria 10m, just a few seconds behind.
    Im actually using the tanking cloak and meta and HC RoRo and Normal Warfoged Blackfuses trinket. Im thinking of using normal spoils trinket (the cleave one).
    Any suggestions?