Quote Originally Posted by Densalo View Post
    Wouldn't http://www.wowhead.com/item=105560 be BiS as far as 2h's go due to better stats than immerseus and garrosh staves?

Edit: besides Garrosh staff since heroic Garrosh staff = content cleared anyway
    If you are looking at it from a stats perspective, how would haste and mastery compare to crit/exp? Expertise is a VERY important stat, and usually you have to reforge INTO it. Haste for BrM is only useful to around ~5k, maybe 6; you'll have more than enough on your other gear, to the point you'd probably just reforge out of it anyway. Mastery depends on how far ahead of the content you are. Bleeding edge progression guilds needed more mastery to get through because they were undergeared, but nowadays I imagine even some 25m tanks can get away with crit (at least on the earlier bosses).

That being said, polearms ARE better at building elusive brew than staves, all other things being equal.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Densalo View Post
    Wouldn't http://www.wowhead.com/item=105560 be BiS as far as 2h's go due to better stats than immerseus and garrosh staves?

Edit: besides Garrosh staff since heroic Garrosh staff = content cleared anyway
    For all but a handful of the BrMs in the top guilds, Mastery isn't that necessary, even on 25man content, and haste is one of the least desirable stat compared to others. As zurm said, Expertise is an essential stat, so having a huge chunk of it on one piece means you dont' have to reforge for it as much elsewhere.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

crit/haste build still the way to go?

Been on a break for the past 3 months, and had some monk in soo lfr tell me that mastery stacking is king atm,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    crit/haste build still the way to go?

Been on a break for the past 3 months, and had some monk in soo lfr tell me that mastery stacking is king atm,
    Mastery is best for survivability, Crit is best for DPS. Haste is just to a comfortable level then the rest elsewhere.

You don't need any mastery for 10 man heroics, continuing to stack Crit works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    You don't need any mastery for 10 man heroics, continuing to stack Crit works fine.
    You don't "NEED" mastery for 10 man heroics but it is quite useful on a number of the later heroics. There is a major difference in the damage between Paragons and Nazgrim.

Here's how mastery works in 10man; If you need it, you are costing the raid dps.

who you guys rank the trinket sigil of rampage?
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=102302
    11761 agi for 15 seconds sounds good to me. or would you prefer Renataki's Soul Charm (hc version)
    13/13

Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    From a "tank" perspective you benefit more from Renataki's and the avg agil is very close still. DPS part of Sigil only useful for AoE DPS making it a bit situational so in general Haromm's is probably better if you are going for one of those types.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    Here's how mastery works in 10man; If you need it, you are costing the raid dps.
    I'm not using a mastery build atm, but are you saying that you did all the SoO heroics (including the last 3 bosses) with the minimum mastery and never died to something that could have been prevented with more mastery on a progression fight? And more to the point, that everyone has the ability to do so?

Deleted
    Going fullmastery for Thok HM 25 is the only way or i can manage my mastery to stay at 15\18% buffed and be full crit ? )Im 572 right know

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Going fullmastery for Thok HM 25 is the only way or i can manage my mastery to stay at 15\18% buffed and be full crit ? )Im 572 right know
    There isnt' a real answer but to try it. He hits like a truck so I personally go Mastery, specially for progression.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    ^^ Thok hits like a mofo with 8 stacks of panic in 25H. I'm full mastery as well with me single tanking the entire first part of the fight. Though I'm not quite sure the benefit is all that great since you don't really see the damage increased until he's out of the phase and by then the vengeance is gone. Best thing you can get from it is Xuen to have a 1 million attack power or something.

All 3 of the last fights are gear checks, and more importantly, they are role checks (lots of healnig, lots of dmg, lots of dps needed). None of the fights are tuned hard enough for us to need or stack mastery past the lowest value we can effectively keep it at. The more damage you can can deal, the better off the raid is.

If you are going to die to a boss after you hit the phase multiple times, then its definately a player error, and if you want to be like that, someone can pick up that slack. However, the only times a tank "should" die on those 3 fights is during the first few attempts of each phase, which are easily mitigate by having a tank cloak so you can gauge the danger points. Our class has the tools to survive everything, and our opportunity cost is a LOT of damage.

The only fight in which i actively wanted to go mastery was thok, and that was for the first phase cuz we 1 tanked it and took it 2 29 stacks.. but even with mastery it was very RNG prone so it didnt matter.

Another question: is the tank cloak better for progressing than the dps cloak? Im getting it tomorrow most likely, and i dont really have the gold to spend on getting another 1. Atleast yet.

Not sure how you expect to survive with base mastery (~50%?) and no stamina trinket against normal attacks like

[22:37:46.165] Ka'roz the Locust hits Daught 808164 (A: 1209594)

That would be a little over 1 mil damage at 50%, and I expect it's more than your max HP without double stam trinkets for most brews (at which point it's just more efficient to get mastery anyway.)

I mean, sure, maybe ten or eleven of the bosses in Siege don't really hit hard enough to warrant mastery stacking at this point, but there are still a few who pack a punch - do you really want to reforge every time you get there, or just rng your way to victory?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Another question: is the tank cloak better for progressing than the dps cloak? Im getting it tomorrow most likely, and i dont really have the gold to spend on getting another 1. Atleast yet.
    Depends on the fight, the general performance of your raids DPS and how often you die to self/healer mistakes. At 8/14H I've only used the tank cloak on Shamans, DPS cloak on the rest.

Nothing in 10s hits that hard anyway, unless your strategy is bent that way.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    Not sure how you expect to survive with base mastery (~50%?) and no stamina trinket against normal attacks like

[22:37:46.165] Ka'roz the Locust hits Daught 808164 (A: 1209594)

That would be a little over 1 mil damage at 50%, and I expect it's more than your max HP without double stam trinkets for most brews (at which point it's just more efficient to get mastery anyway.)

I mean, sure, maybe ten or eleven of the bosses in Siege don't really hit hard enough to warrant mastery stacking at this point, but there are still a few who pack a punch - do you really want to reforge every time you get there, or just rng your way to victory?
    8 stack of Panic on Thok hurts =/.

I don't think it'll not hurt at whatever amount of mastery you can get lol. I have ~89% mastery with fort up and it still hurts like hell.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    you'll use mastery when you get to paragons
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>