Is it worth it to play with a more balanced Build ? Something like 9k Mastery 8k Haste 41% Crit unbuffed. I am at 563

feel like there is no 100% way to do things like a Prot Pally for example.

Most higher end monks are using a low haste strat (between 4500-5500). Some are using 15-20% mastery and the rest crit, others are using 5-10% mastery and the rest crit. It just depends on the content you're on, and if you're 10 or 25.

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    if there would be parry crit gems. would you take them insted of agi crit??
    No don't gem parry ever in any way shape or form.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    So, quick question - Immerseus staff (N) or Seismic Bore (Warforged N) + Enchanted Shao-Tien Saber (N)? All upgraded ofc.

Deleted
    Quick answer: Pick the DW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Szensa View Post
    Quick answer: Pick the DW.
    Thanks. Confirmed what I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    So, quick question - Immerseus staff (N) or Seismic Bore (Warforged N) + Enchanted Shao-Tien Saber (N)? All upgraded ofc.
    What for? DW will result in slightly more dps, but they both have haste of which you don't want too much; 2H will have better stats and more of them, so better for survival/mitigation. Other than that, the difference should be minimal.

Fellow Brewmasters, I've been busy kicking some ass in SoO lately with the guild and I was wondering if I could get a critique on my play? I'm fairly competent as a tank but improvement can always be had (I'm sure).

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-t0qosb7jjl7pjkcd/

I came in late and only got in on Blackfuse and Paragons. We had quite a few pugs and the didn't know what the hell to do on Paragons, so yay wipes... Sunday we knock Garrosh down and he is the one I am most worried about. I'll post again when that time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Crevan View Post
    What for? DW will result in slightly more dps, but they both have haste of which you don't want too much; 2H will have better stats and more of them, so better for survival/mitigation. Other than that, the difference should be minimal.
    I think you missed that one of those two 1H weapons is a warforged weapon which will bump up not only its damage, but the stats as well. Haste isn't ideal (Crit/Mastery is the best secondary stat set-up for tanking) but it can be reforged and its not as bad as mastery for mistweavers, there's some niceties to the stat. Also, even in mostly/full normal SoO gear you should know we run into a situation where we've got so much expertise we have a rough time off-loading it effectively in some cases, so its not necessarily bad to use something other than the staff.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Errodien View Post
    Fellow Brewmasters, I've been busy kicking some ass in SoO lately with the guild and I was wondering if I could get a critique on my play? I'm fairly competent as a tank but improvement can always be had (I'm sure).
    Hi,

on your Siegecrafter kill I noticed your Shuffle dropped 4 times, which is not really good. Its uptime is 87.8%, which I find also low, since there is like no downtime for any tank during this encounter, so it should be closer to 100%. But I saw your Tiger Palm buff also had the same uptime, so it seems you spent some (quite a lot of) time running around, maybe AOE-ing mines, but the fact you only dealt 403.280 damage to mines determines it was a lie. If not, use more Blackout Kicks! Not talking about EB uptime, since I could only say the same: attack the boss.
    Btw AOE-ing mines. I may be blind, but I don't see you using any Leg Sweeps/Charging Ox Waves. Do it, it makes things so much easier for your teammates.

Also as talent choice. Zen Sphere. I'm not familiar with 25-man raiding, but this one seems to be a little odd to me. Either Chi Wave for awsome DPS boost/Healing, or Chi Burst on stacked players to help your healers out.

If you are getting your tank debuff stacks high, I'd say to use Diffuse Magic + Glyphed Guard instead of Dampen Harm.

Klaxxi, I only take a look at your kill.

Shuffle again. You have a nice uptime here, but still, it dropped 5 times again, maybe during Korven is up, but it is still not good. Do use more Blackout Kicks! EB uptime is higher here, but it still seems to be low to me.
    This boss is either a faceroll for you, or you are just forgetting it, but I only see 3 Expel Harms.
    Zen Sphere... I still don't get it.

Thats all I noticed in a quick peek-in, I hope I helped.
    Have fun tanking! ;p

Szensa

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevan View Post
    Smoother EB generation was my main reasoning. Had a few issues with Paragons when I've not generated any at all and it really threw me off for Hissek or whatever he's called. Slightly higher DPS is never a bad thing either, and survivability is never an issue.

Hi,
    on your Siegecrafter kill I noticed your Shuffle dropped 4 times, which is not really good. Its uptime is 87.8%, which I find also low, since there is like no downtime for any tank during this encounter, so it should be closer to 100%. But I saw your Tiger Palm buff also had the same uptime, so it seems you spent some (quite a lot of) time running around, maybe AOE-ing mines, but the fact you only dealt 403.280 damage to mines determines it was a lie. If not, use more Blackout Kicks! Not talking about EB uptime, since I could only say the same: attack the boss.
    Btw AOE-ing mines. I may be blind, but I don't see you using any Leg Sweeps/Charging Ox Waves. Do it, it makes things so much easier for your teammates.
    It may be due to the way we fight the boss, as we do a tank swap with the boss being farthest to the left of the stage and then run off to far right to pick up the add that comes down. So I suspect that the drop in Shuffle is from that. No leg Sweep/Ox's due to me using RoP. (I'm lazy and use that for Garrosh which we were close to >.<)

Also as talent choice. Zen Sphere. I'm not familiar with 25-man raiding, but this one seems to be a little odd to me. Either Chi Wave for awsome DPS boost/Healing, or Chi Burst on stacked players to help your healers out.
    Zen Sphere has saved my bacon on numerous occasions so I just end up keeping that as my go-to ability. Chi Burst is nice, but I find the need to aim yourself to be a pain not worth it, especially when in a moving fight or one that requires your full attention on the boss. Chi Wave is usually #2 for me, but it is just too slow of a projectile to do any good amount of healing before our healers manage to heal that target anyway. At least Zen Sphere has an AoE heal portion that is quite useful for Thok/Garrosh/Etc...

Shuffle again. You have a nice uptime here, but still, it dropped 5 times again, maybe during Korven is up, but it is still not good. Do use more Blackout Kicks! EB uptime is higher here, but it still seems to be low to me.
    This boss is either a faceroll for you, or you are just forgetting it, but I only see 3 Expel Harms.
    I don't tank Korven at all, so I suspect it was just me being a terrible person. Dunno about EB at all though, I use it whenever its available (Barring <6 stacks). I'm trying to remember if my health dipped far enough to warrant me using EH, but nothing comes to mind. Either I just didn't use it or my healers were on the ball I guess... /shrug

Thanks for your insight, I knew there was still room for improvement xD

i did a weak aura string to show the currently dodge, parry (and block if you want to use it on a warrior or paladin)

http://pastebin.com/JXiEdpRH
    Last edited by siccora; 2014-01-15 at 06:22 AM.
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Most higher end monks are using a low haste strat (between 4500-5500).
    Could someone explain this to me? I've been soloing as a Brewmaster for quite a while and anything less than 7.5k haste causes me to have long periods of energy drought with no way to selfheal with orbs or expel harm. It seems like having low crit as a protection warrior.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    This is happening if you dump your Energy as quick as possible. Try to Jab only if you are going to Energy cap in 1 GCD, which means if you are on ~80 Energy, but 40 Energy should be always saved for an oshit Expel Harm. Fill the 'empty' GCDs with Tiger Palm.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Could someone explain this to me? I've been soloing as a Brewmaster for quite a while and anything less than 7.5k haste causes me to have long periods of energy drought with no way to selfheal with orbs or expel harm. It seems like having low crit as a protection warrior.
    It's because you can actually function fine with huge GCD gaps where you can't spend energy because you can just spam TP for free. You only actually need to BoK every 6 seconds to maintain Shuffle, and you can Keg Smash every 8 for only 40 energy. This means that you need to cover one BoK every 24 seconds for 80 energy, coming to 200 energy in 24 seconds, or 8.3333 energy/sec, well below the base value of 12.65 energy/sec you get with 0 haste and Ascension. The extra energy can literally only be used for Purifying Brew and Guard, nothing else that consumed chi or energy is really worth using, and Expel Harm ends up doing literally the exact same thing Jab does, but better. Honestly, BrM could use Combo Breaker to spruce up the rotation a little and to not make Expel Harm literally always the right answer.

*It's worth noting that you should not actually ever reduce yourself below 40 energy so that you can Expel whenever you really need to, but to anyone that's every had to play a Rogue pre-MoP and pool energy for Kick, that's not exactly difficult.

i did a weakaura string for my energybar. 0–60 is red and after that it is green. same with my chi. the first chi is red after that it is green. all for a save PB or a save EH.
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    The extra energy can literally only be used for Purifying Brew and Guard, nothing else that consumed chi or energy is really worth using, and Expel Harm ends up doing literally the exact same thing Jab does, but better. Honestly, BrM could use Combo Breaker to spruce up the rotation a little and to not make Expel Harm literally always the right answer.
    Little problem here. I'm not seeing "Healing Orb" anywhere in this paragraph. Why?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Orbs don't cost energy, spheres does.
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Little problem here. I'm not seeing "Healing Orb" anywhere in this paragraph. Why?
    If you want to spend 40 energy on a heal you wait until you're under 35% and can just use Expel Harm to heal 3x as much and get 1 chi and do damage all at the same time. Healing Sphere is a trash spell outside of MW.

Now if you mean Gift of the Ox, well, that's just a jump to the left and a step to the right.