Deleted
    In the raid I sit at ~8200 haste, giving me an energy regen rate of 13,08. With this I am able to sustain good shuffle uptimes (~80-90%), purifies and extra chi to guard and chi wave if needed.
    With this amount of haste I can do a kind of rotation that goes like : Keg smash --> spend Chi --> jab, jab -->spend chi -->jab, keg smash --> spend chi -->repeat
    (Jab will be replaced by expel harm on CD if needed) During waiting times i fill in tiger palms.

I will propably go up to 8500 haste and then focus on crit.

Deleted
    What are people's thoughts on the DMC Ox + DMC Tiger deck as a trinket combo?

Seems to me that the EH from the Ox, with the dodge proc for avoidance, added to the Tiger (worth approximately 1.6-1.8kagi) would be a great combo and offset the loss of secondary procs (haste loss?).

You won't be able to equip both trinkets, won't let you. Otherwise I'd be rocking both.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by imbanane View Post
    In the raid I sit at ~8200 haste, giving me an energy regen rate of 13,08. With this I am able to sustain good shuffle uptimes (~80-90%), purifies and extra chi to guard and chi wave if needed.
    With this amount of haste I can do a kind of rotation that goes like : Keg smash --> spend Chi --> jab, jab -->spend chi -->jab, keg smash --> spend chi -->repeat
    (Jab will be replaced by expel harm on CD if needed) During waiting times i fill in tiger palms.

I will propably go up to 8500 haste and then focus on crit.
    Just be careful. There is technically a haste soft cap when dealing with energy regen. As I have mentioned before on Elitist Jerks, in order for Jab and Keg Smash (outside Keg Smashes' cooldown) to have a 3 second Cooldown, one needs to have a 13.33 Energy regen. The way to figure this is Jab costs 40 energy. In order to bring that down to every 3 seconds you need 40 / 3 = 13.333. Baseline we are given 11 energy. So that means, with our ox stance, we need to generate 2.333 energy per second from haste. If you factor out ox stance, that means with raid buffs, we need to have 21.21% haste. Without the 10% melee haste buff, that equates to 9546 Haste Rating. With the 10% melee haste buff, that equates to 8678 Haste Rating.

Granted having more haste will help more with orb procs and whatnot, but may effect your rotation. But I would say if you are going for a haste platue, aim for 8678 then aim for crit after that.

Another reason having a 3 second cooldown is that having it set to 3 seconds, means that you will become GCD capped after reaching that point, since besides Elusive Brew and a few other defensive cooldowns, most of our abilities are on a 1.5 second GCD.

---------- Post added 2012-10-22 at 11:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by raurth View Post
    What are people's thoughts on the DMC Ox + DMC Tiger deck as a trinket combo?

Seems to me that the EH from the Ox, with the dodge proc for avoidance, added to the Tiger (worth approximately 1.6-1.8kagi) would be a great combo and offset the loss of secondary procs (haste loss?).
    As Vagrancy said you are not allowed to. If you look at the card, it will say "Unique-Equipped: Darkmoon Card of the Mists (1)" Each of the Darkmoon cards are part of the sub-group "Darkmoon Card of the Mists." Since it says the "(1)" at the end, it means you can have only 1 of those trinkets equiped at any given time.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2012-10-22 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrancy View Post
    You won't be able to equip both trinkets, won't let you. Otherwise I'd be rocking both.
    Yeah i found out after i bought both. So fail

BrM is my OS (I jabbweave for raids) and typically tank 5 mans and raid finder:

I've noticed that depending on the mob's hit box, they skirt about when I strafe to pick up a stack of orbs. Mind you, I'm on a gnome Monk, which have unusually large hit boxes despite their size (you can see this by the size of their mounts relative to other races). Is this problem common to all BrM's or is it just a gnome issue? Sometimes it's fine, I have two nice neat stacks and I just side step and pick them up and the boss barely spins. Other times, the boss goes zippy and crazy trying to readjust to my new position despite how little I shifted.

It becomes really aggravating when I'm with bad healers and I'm very dependent on everything I have to keep myself alive.

Deleted
    Those sneaky buggers!

So, I've made the Ox card, only cost me 10kish. Thinking I flog that and get the Tigers, that seems to be the better Deck of the two right?

Quote Originally Posted by raurth View Post
    Those sneaky buggers!

So, I've made the Ox card, only cost me 10kish. Thinking I flog that and get the Tigers, that seems to be the better Deck of the two right?
    Depends on the content you're doing. I'm beginning to think more and more that Ox will be more useful in comparison for progression and for certain fights. If you can afford both, go for it, but know that you can't use both at the same time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Depends on the content you're doing. I'm beginning to think more and more that Ox will be more useful in comparison for progression and for certain fights. If you can afford both, go for it, but know that you can't use both at the same time.
    Realistically with the amount we're raiding, it's unlikely we'll be doing Heroic Modes before we outgear it, though I think it may be an idea to hang on to both, cheers for the input.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think alot of people are just not liking what the spreadsheet is saying now with the vengence fix. Hit and expertise were valuable for our own survival yes, but a large portion of why the spreadsheet had them so high was from the statue guards. A missed/parried/dodged bok still gives shuffle. A missed /dodged/parried jab or keg smash does not give chi but it refunds most(all?) of the energy. Your "rotation" may feel funny but if you can learn to be flexible with it the math is saying you will be a better tank without the caps . Let stop this fingers in our.ears about "i dont want to listen to the math now" and try it out before you just pronounce you know better.

So i just did will of emp (normal)
    I have to say despite all my fears after reading the forum i had quite fun doing it.
    Heartstopping moments when i dropped were really few.
    Its really nice to get alot of elusive brew stacks during the dance to avoid so much damage when he attacks you.
    Reading Skada i took 12.3 million damage over the fight length of 11.3 minutes.
    The warrior is shown with 19.4 million despite him having 4 more perfect dances (darn you stomp stunning me outside of the circle!)

Anyways point of the post i felt quite good with 7.5% hit / exp and then haste.
    In fact i got abit frustrated with some parries (got really unlucky on times) but i cant sacrifice more haste.
    Now lets see how it will work on hm modes next week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    So i just did will of emp (normal)
    I have to say despite all my fears after reading the forum i had quite fun doing it.
    Heartstopping moments when i dropped were really few.
    Its really nice to get alot of elusive brew stacks during the dance to avoid so much damage when he attacks you.
    Reading Skada i took 12.3 million damage over the fight length of 11.3 minutes.
    The warrior is shown with 19.4 million despite him having 4 more perfect dances (darn you stomp stunning me outside of the circle!)

Anyways point of the post i felt quite good with 7.5% hit / exp and then haste.
    In fact i got abit frustrated with some parries (got really unlucky on times) but i cant sacrifice more haste.
    Now lets see how it will work on hm modes next week.
    If you spec into Momentum, and you use it to dodge one of the slices, you would have that nice movement buff for the stomp, which makes it really easy to dodge. Nowadays, me and our DK tank (after our first week of learning the fight) barely get hit by any of them (had a perfect kill 2 weeks ago, and think I got hit once last week) - it's really easy once you get the hang of it and stay focused. Also, try to get your melee to learn it as well - they'll need that bonus damage for HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Avalya View Post
    If you spec into Momentum, and you use it to dodge one of the slices, you would have that nice movement buff for the stomp, which makes it really easy to dodge. Nowadays, me and our DK tank (after our first week of learning the fight) barely get hit by any of them (had a perfect kill 2 weeks ago, and think I got hit once last week) - it's really easy once you get the hang of it and stay focused. Also, try to get your melee to learn it as well - they'll need that bonus damage for HC.
    I specced momentum
    We had our first pull today killed it in the 6th pull.
    The problem was not really that i got hit while running out more so i got hit when i waited for the stomp to be over because the game decided i was not far enough.
    Tho i also didnt want to move to far because of the grip. Well next week i will hit the sweet spot always iam pretty confident :3
    Our one melee didnt do too bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by Valient View Post
    It totally depends on how many adds you are getting, but you want to make sure that you have a CD for the breath that you take with 6-8 stacks, as that one stings, Defuse Magic and Zen Med will both do the job. I found that I was able to catch both a breath and annihalation with one defuse magic if I timed it well, obviously you can't do that with Zen Med as the boss will start meleeing you. Our dps is quick enough that I only have to tank once, we only get 2 adds in the first phase 1, so I can burn both CD's to soak the breaths which means all I have to do is deal with the odd big melee with high stacks.

If you are getting more than 2 adds before pushing the first phase one then you might want to start calling for healer CD's as P2 and P3 you wont be taking much damage and they can't use their CD's at all cos the raid is spread out.
    Thanks for the tips btw, managed to down him tonight after a few wipes. Now to learn how to dance on emperor --->

Hey guys! I'm quite new at tanking, so I'm gemming, enchanting,reforging the way I see fit... and I don't really know if I'm doing it right.
    My monk is Grimshang at Goldrinn Any input would be good. Thanks!

Deleted
    Does anyone know of an addon that shows how much damage your current guard has left to absorb before dropping? I know they exist for every other tanks similar abilities but I can't find one for monks for the life of me. /sadface

Quote Originally Posted by sneb View Post
    Does anyone know of an addon that shows how much damage your current guard has left to absorb before dropping? I know they exist for every other tanks similar abilities but I can't find one for monks for the life of me. /sadface
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post18822630

I never tested it, so you need to see for yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sneb View Post
    If you have and use weak auras, here is the one I had created to track Guard and value

http://pastebin.com/FYb2nAeb

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valient View Post
    If you have and use weak auras, here is the one I had created to track Guard and value

http://pastebin.com/FYb2nAeb
    yoink

btw.. Is anyone else annoyed that Recount doesn't seem to want to track Guard or Sanctuary of the Ox?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by valient View Post
    if you have and use weak auras, here is the one i had created to track guard and value

http://pastebin.com/fyb2naeb
    screenshot plz! :d