1. #1381
    Stood in the Fire Yorgl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    362
    Thanks for your answer Larra.

  2. #1382
    I am Murloc! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    5,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    1 stack from 1 handers
    2 stacks from staffs
    3 stacks from polearms

    Basically it's dependent on weapon speed. See these two items:
    didn't the buff Elusive Brew, just after we lost Tiger Strikes? Or has this been changing since Beta.

    I don't know WHERE this is coming from, as usual I dont use math just pull numbers out of the ether, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that 1h's had a 100% chance to generate 1 stack on crit and then something like a 50% chance to generate a second stack? To make up for the stack chance we were losing by removed the 2nd attack from Tiger Strikes.

    If I'm not totally thrown off, by having just woken up the calc for elusive brew is something along the lines of 1.5*WeaponSpeed/2.6, so a 2.6 speed weapon (basically any 1h) would give a proc rate of 1.5 or 1 proc EVERY crit and 50% chance for a second, then 2h is 3*Weaponspeed/3.6, which using the two weapons you link would give proc rates of

    Ghostheart: 3, so 100% chance for 3, the max possible proc

    Snowdrift: 2.66 recurring so 100% chance for 2, with 66.66 chance for a third
    Reading the A song of Ice and Fire series is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere and shoots the puppy, then punches you in the face

  3. #1383
    The Lightbringer SurrealNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Larrabee View Post
    Does anyone have a WORKING addon for Power strikes? I need an addon that has a timer on when I will recieve the buff. Every single addon I have tried seems to bug in the beginning of encounters but I have the buff, use jab and get power strikes again after a few seconds.
    I believe you can build a Weak Aura string for this, the You Tube tutorials talk about building them for ICD's so you can go by that. Using Ascension right now so don't currently have a string I can share.

    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

  4. #1384
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    didn't the buff Elusive Brew, just after we lost Tiger Strikes? Or has this been changing since Beta.

    I don't know WHERE this is coming from, as usual I dont use math just pull numbers out of the ether, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that 1h's had a 100% chance to generate 1 stack on crit and then something like a 50% chance to generate a second stack? To make up for the stack chance we were losing by removed the 2nd attack from Tiger Strikes.

    If I'm not totally thrown off, by having just woken up the calc for elusive brew is something along the lines of 1.5*WeaponSpeed/2.6, so a 2.6 speed weapon (basically any 1h) would give a proc rate of 1.5 or 1 proc EVERY crit and 50% chance for a second, then 2h is 3*Weaponspeed/3.6, which using the two weapons you link would give proc rates of

    Ghostheart: 3, so 100% chance for 3, the max possible proc

    Snowdrift: 2.66 recurring so 100% chance for 2, with 66.66 chance for a third
    That sounds about right. I have no idea of the exact numbers/equations, I just know that it's affected by weapon speed.

  5. #1385
    Mechagnome Chuupag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    didn't the buff Elusive Brew, just after we lost Tiger Strikes? Or has this been changing since Beta.

    I don't know WHERE this is coming from, as usual I dont use math just pull numbers out of the ether, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that 1h's had a 100% chance to generate 1 stack on crit and then something like a 50% chance to generate a second stack? To make up for the stack chance we were losing by removed the 2nd attack from Tiger Strikes.

    If I'm not totally thrown off, by having just woken up the calc for elusive brew is something along the lines of 1.5*WeaponSpeed/2.6, so a 2.6 speed weapon (basically any 1h) would give a proc rate of 1.5 or 1 proc EVERY crit and 50% chance for a second, then 2h is 3*Weaponspeed/3.6, which using the two weapons you link would give proc rates of

    Ghostheart: 3, so 100% chance for 3, the max possible proc

    Snowdrift: 2.66 recurring so 100% chance for 2, with 66.66 chance for a third
    This is probably accurate, but since they have specifically said you should gain the same EB stacks regardless of weapon when I do the math I just use a 3.6 wep to calculate expected proc rates based on crit chance. Makes my life so much easier.

    Here is a chart of expected Elusive Brew based on various combinations of haste and crit.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...WMlJMbXc#gid=0

    Note the haste and crit are your unbuffed numbers, then the chart assumes you have raid buffs to come up with the expected charges.
    Last edited by Chuupag; 2012-12-06 at 06:01 PM.

  6. #1386
    The Lightbringer SurrealNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    Here is a chart of expected Elusive Brew based on various combinations of haste and crit.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...WMlJMbXc#gid=0
    Shows a big difference in how Crit buffs EB a lot faster than haste, though how much rating of each is required for 1% in MoP?

    Still seems to indicate that taking Ascension and redirecting rating into Crit is pretty solid choice.

    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

  7. #1387
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Shows a big difference in how Crit buffs EB a lot faster than haste, though how much rating of each is required for 1% in MoP?

    Still seems to indicate that taking Ascension and redirecting rating into Crit is pretty solid choice.
    Only if you don't need as much chi.

  8. #1388
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    Here is a chart of expected Elusive Brew based on various combinations of haste and crit.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...WMlJMbXc#gid=0
    thanks for this.

  9. #1389
    Quote Originally Posted by Larrabee View Post
    Does anyone have a WORKING addon for Power strikes? I need an addon that has a timer on when I will recieve the buff. Every single addon I have tried seems to bug in the beginning of encounters but I have the buff, use jab and get power strikes again after a few seconds.
    Try this site, it's where I've gotten most of my WeakAuras that keep track of everything I need.

    http://sunniersartofwar.com/blog/201...er-weak-auras/

    Edit: That link might also be worth posting in the auras/addons part of the main guide. I personally use most of these auras along with the stagger damage one from the main post of the WeakAuras post.
    Last edited by Seibei; 2012-12-06 at 10:54 PM.
    杜氏清兵衛

  10. #1390
    Mechagnome Chuupag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Shows a big difference in how Crit buffs EB a lot faster than haste, though how much rating of each is required for 1% in MoP?

    Still seems to indicate that taking Ascension and redirecting rating into Crit is pretty solid choice.
    425 points for 1% haste, 600 for 1% crit, which makes haste 33% - 40% as effective per point at producing EB.

  11. #1391
    finally i got lucky and got many LFR items today, but after running HoF i realized that im having lots of problem doing AoE damage while trying to get stagger always up.

    how do you guys do? i mean, i know how to open but its insane how i barely get one shotted by mobs right after if i dont have stagger

  12. #1392
    before the pull expel harm and pull with lightning with luck u have 2 chi for a blackoutkick. if not, throw the keg. maybe u want to get jade wind, this gives u shuffle. i was tanking all the bladelord adds + boss and the wind did a very solid job. but then its quite easy. u hit more then 3 tagets with your crane kick u get one chi, so crane kick, crane kick, blackoutkick and again, again again....but this would be a dream scenario. this is not the case because your stagger sometimes goes yellow or red so u need the chi to dumpen that. so try not to spend all chi on shuffle, try to have something about 15 secs and stay on the chi for a brew. but with keg giving you 2 chi, jade wind giving you shuffle and crane kick giving you 1 chi there isn't any problem at all imo.

  13. #1393
    So I finally managed to get into LFR this week and I have to say I was nervous having never tanked a raid previously and only being an equipped ilvl458. I know it's LFR but I felt that I was doing a much better job than than the warrior tanks and the DK tank that I was paired with. The only times I was ever close to dying were on Garajal (when I went into the spirit realm towards the end of the fight and saw 20+ spirits) and on Will of the Emperor because it took me 75% of the fight to realize how I needed to dodge the attacks. I for sure had high dps in much lower gear (not too surprised here), had no trouble holding aggro and was holding my own in healing. Using all my abilities like I needed to be using them and make my healers jobs really easy was super rewarding.

    Really hoping that my guild will start seriously considering using me for tanking after this. I think that once I start getting a little bit more geared I'll be a far better choice for tank than one of the two we currently have.
    杜氏清兵衛

  14. #1394
    So I'm a sad guy who was depending on AMR for gem/enchant/reforges and blindly did what he told me too (stack stam)
    My brewmaster is Grimshang at Goldrinn (US) and he's pretty much bad right now. Any help on the weights? And is Hawkmaster's Talon better than Relic of Xuen?

    Thank you all.

  15. #1395
    AMR isn't working correctly for Brewmasters and really shouldn't be used until it's fixed. There are other sites out there right now that will help you reforge and gem correctly. I would suggest removing any bonus stamina gems/enchants you are using and focus on agility, haste, crit, and expertise as you need them. This will help your active mitigation a lot. Also, I don't know a lot about trinkets but I thought that I saw that Hawkmasters is one of the better trinkets for us.
    杜氏清兵衛

  16. #1396
    Quote Originally Posted by nobuobr View Post
    So I'm a sad guy who was depending on AMR for gem/enchant/reforges and blindly did what he told me too (stack stam)
    My brewmaster is Grimshang at Goldrinn (US) and he's pretty much bad right now. Any help on the weights? And is Hawkmaster's Talon better than Relic of Xuen?

    Thank you all.
    Follow me guide sir. It's got all the info you need

    (also Xuen's better)

    Quote Originally Posted by Seibei View Post
    AMR isn't working correctly for Brewmasters and really shouldn't be used until it's fixed. There are other sites out there right now that will help you reforge and gem correctly. I would suggest removing any bonus stamina gems/enchants you are using and focus on agility, haste, crit, and expertise as you need them. This will help your active mitigation a lot. Also, I don't know a lot about trinkets but I thought that I saw that Hawkmasters is one of the better trinkets for us.
    If there's some juicy socket bonuses he could use a stamina haste hybrid with little issue, unless he needs hit.

    And yeah Hawkmaster's not bad... but I'd replace it first if anything better drops. I'm not a fan of haste on CD trinkets.
    Last edited by The Mister Madgod; 2012-12-07 at 04:47 PM.

  17. #1397
    The Lightbringer SurrealNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,503
    Quote Originally Posted by nobuobr View Post
    So I'm a sad guy who was depending on AMR for gem/enchant/reforges and blindly did what he told me too (stack stam)
    My brewmaster is Grimshang at Goldrinn (US) and he's pretty much bad right now. Any help on the weights? And is Hawkmaster's Talon better than Relic of Xuen?
    Flip AMR to the appropriate WW spec and you are good. Xuen is great until you have both Bottle and Terror which at least for me probably wont fall into my lap for a while. As mentioned a /use Haste trinket doesn't really work as a good CD for us.

    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

  18. #1398
    Quote Originally Posted by Seibei View Post
    AMR isn't working correctly for Brewmasters and really shouldn't be used until it's fixed. There are other sites out there right now that will help you reforge and gem correctly. I would suggest removing any bonus stamina gems/enchants you are using and focus on agility, haste, crit, and expertise as you need them. This will help your active mitigation a lot. Also, I don't know a lot about trinkets but I thought that I saw that Hawkmasters is one of the better trinkets for us.
    Even though i have more EH than before, I was feeling weaker.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Follow me guide sir. It's got all the info you need

    (also Xuen's better)

    If there's some juicy socket bonuses he could use a stamina haste hybrid with little issue, unless he needs hit.

    And yeah Hawkmaster's not bad... but I'd replace it first if anything better drops. I'm not a fan of haste on CD trinkets.
    I"ll read your guide again, thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Flip AMR to the appropriate WW spec and you are good. Xuen is great until you have both Bottle and Terror which at least for me probably wont fall into my lap for a while. As mentioned a /use Haste trinket doesn't really work as a good CD for us.
    That's something I'll look into. Funny how the dps spec fits us lol.

  19. #1399
    Pretty close to getting Xuen's. I have 6 cards, 3 of them are serpents that I should be able to trade and going to try and see what I can get my guild to do to help me get whatever I have left.
    杜氏清兵衛

  20. #1400
    Xuen, the White Tiger keeps taunting like he has growl. I don't mind him taking some damage, but his AI makes him stand behind the enemy which causes the enemy to turn around when taunted and screw with everyone's positioning.

    How do I make him not do that?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •