Quote Originally Posted by quickness View Post
    How are working in the second tier talents now? At the moment, I'm popping BoF if everything else is up and running and i have the time and chi. I've been ignoring the second tier stuff. Does this change now and/or am I doing it wrong?
    The damage of the abilities have been reduced, but they are still okay healing abilities. Not using self heals when you could is like not pressing Bloodlust at all as a shaman. Pick whichever one you prefer, and use it, sir. My personal favorite's Zen Sphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Felade View Post
    A question:

can you chain Avert Harm into Meditiation? So cast Avert Harm, then pop Meditation and soak up a ton of damage?
    I would imagine you could. It wouldn't necessarily be practical unless the boss or any adds weren't physically hitting you, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. This'd have to be tested, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    The damage of the abilities have been reduced, but they are still okay healing abilities. Not using self heals when you could is like not pressing Bloodlust at all as a shaman. Pick whichever one you prefer, and use it, sir. My personal favorite's Zen Sphere.
    So then what use is breath of fire? Would it only be used when all of the conditionals are met (sufficient time left on guard and shuffle, enough chi to hit purifying brew) AND both the party and I are full health and will remain so for the next several seconds (or if specced into Chi Wave, when it's on cd)?

Thanks for helping me out with this, just trying to wrap my brain around it.

Quote Originally Posted by quickness View Post
    So then what use is breath of fire? Would it only be used when all of the conditionals are met (sufficient time left on guard and shuffle, enough chi to hit purifying brew) AND both the party and I are full health and will remain so for the next several seconds (or if specced into Chi Wave, when it's on cd)?

Thanks for helping me out with this, just trying to wrap my brain around it.
    Breath of Fire is an AoE ability and is used for threat on multiple targets. It doesn't really have a place in active mitigation, which is the obvious priority. When I pull AoE trash, I'll usually pop off a quick Breath of Fire, and then quickly focus on getting all my mitigation up, since I want to make sure that the targets are securely on me, since it's rather bad when targets go off and attack DPS or healers. After those first few seconds though, BoF becomes second priority to active mitigation.

And it's my pleasure. Always happy to help.

Deleted
    With current Chi Generation, it is fairly easy to keep BoF up 85%~ of the time in AoE packs. Though, as said above, it is pretty useless in a Single Target Encounter. It is very minimal damage single target + since bosses cannot get hit by the DoT, next to useless.

Focus on your active mitigation over anything else, AKA 3x TP guards and smart use of EB.

edit: bleh
    Last edited by Kaykay; 2012-08-26 at 01:40 PM.

fantastic guide ty ^^

Deleted
    Am I the only one who things the 7.5% Expertise and Hit rating caps are a bit excessive, won't you be sacrificing too many defensive stats just for the sake of all your attacks hitting?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinksy View Post
    Am I the only one who things the 7.5% Expertise and Hit rating caps are a bit excessive, won't you be sacrificing too many defensive stats just for the sake of all your attacks hitting?
    Autoattack criticals provide Elusive Brew stacks, Blackout Kick provides 20% parry and 20% extra damage staggered, Keg Smash and Expel Harm provide a damage reduction debuff and self healing and along with jab provide chi to use BoK as well as Purifying Brew and Guard. A lot of our mitigation requires our abilities to hit. It's just the direction Blizzard is taking Tanks this expansion, like it or hate it.

Autoattack criticals provide Elusive Brew stacks, Blackout Kick provides 20% parry and 20% extra damage staggered, Keg Smash and Expel Harm provide a damage reduction debuff and self healing and along with jab provide chi to use BoK as well as Purifying Brew and Guard. A lot of our mitigation requires our abilities to hit. It's just the direction Blizzard is taking Tanks this expansion, like it or hate it.
    Tbh i think this model fits Druids and Monks so perfectly as hit and expertise will probably be on our gear anyways and it makes it easier to switch to dps for certain fights.
    But i really dislike that model for my Warrior tank where i always felt block parry dodge attacks was what it is about to have that shield slamming into your enemy and ... shielding...you. Now they did i farily good job on putting active mitigation onto warrior tanks but its just not mine.
    Thats one of the reasons why i go monk tanking ^_^

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 10:06 AM ----------

-- Brewmasters were proving extremely strong because they could maintain Shuffle as much as they wanted and Purify a very large amount of Staggered damage. Additionally, despite being very avoidance-heavy, they also were taking very smooth damage, since Stagger blunts so much of the attack’s damage. We reduced the base Stagger amount from 30% to 25%, and reduced the bonus energy regen provided by Stance of the Sturdy Ox from +30% to +10%.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...36?page=13#259

Darn. when +30% is too much why dont try +20% and not just go all they way to 10%
    I really loved how i never had to wait for evergy like a rogue :-/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    Tbh i think this model fits Druids and Monks so perfectly as hit and expertise will probably be on our gear anyways and it makes it easier to switch to dps for certain fights.
    But i really dislike that model for my Warrior tank where i always felt block parry dodge attacks was what it is about to have that shield slamming into your enemy and ... shielding...you. Now they did i farily good job on putting active mitigation onto warrior tanks but its just not mine.
    Thats one of the reasons why i go monk tanking ^_^

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 10:06 AM ----------

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...36?page=13#259

Darn. when +30% is too much why dont try +20% and not just go all they way to 10%
    I really loved how i never had to wait for evergy like a rogue :-/
    What does this nerf mean for Brewmasters?

10+ Year Old Account
    well it's not TO bad of a change, the 5% off stagger is basically nothing, we're still sitting at ~50% with shuffle up, pushing 70 with Brews, and that's before Mastery.

The energy regen however... that's more than a little extreme.. it's not TO bad, as base energy was buffed a while ago, but still... damn.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    well it's not TO bad of a change, the 5% off stagger is basically nothing, we're still sitting at ~50% with shuffle up, pushing 70 with Brews, and that's before Mastery.

The energy regen however... that's more than a little extreme.. it's not TO bad, as base energy was buffed a while ago, but still... damn.
    20% is very hefty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinksy View Post
    20% is very hefty.
    The bonus is reduced by 20% not over all regen, it's annoying but hopefully not a huge issue, let's be honest some of the recent changes allow us to keep a much high shuffle uptime than we originally had, so I can't see it killing us, will just have to wait and see if testing confirms this.

This is nothing in comparison to the Avert Harm nerf, which I still feel was far too heavy, fingers crossed they will tweak that a bit cos right now Brewmasters don't have great raid CD's.
    Last edited by mmocc94c810497; 2012-08-30 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valient View Post
    The bonus is reduced by 20% not over all regen, it's annoying but hopefully not a huge issue, let's be honest some of the recent changes allow us to keep a much high shuffle uptime than we originally had, so I can't see it killing us, will just have to wait and see if testing confirms this.

This is nothing in comparison to the Avert Harm nerf, which I still feel was far too heavy, fingers crossed they will tweak that a bit cos right now Brewmasters don't have great raid CD's.
    Agreed on both counts. I'm still a little worried about energy regen, but if it's not TOO bad, I'll be able to live with it... I can only imagine that haste will be a more important stat though. Bah.

Deleted
    I'm leveling a brewmaster, level 67 right now. I've set up a couple of weak auras for cooldowns, procs and buffs (elusive brew stacks, shuffle, power guard, ...). You could integrate them into your guide if you want. Just tell me and I'll polish them a bit and post them here (incl. screenshots).
    Last edited by mmocb3a6e1c978; 2012-08-30 at 01:32 PM.

Using what, PowerAuras?

If you think they'll help people out, yeah, sure, link some infos!

Using what, PowerAuras?

If you think they'll help people out, yeah, sure, link some infos!
    Well he said WeakAuras. But it shouldnt be hard to get the same ideas into PowerAura
    A shame i couldnt get PoWa to work so far.
    Last edited by Asmalya; 2012-08-30 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    Well he said WeakAuras. But it shouldnt be hard to get the same ideas into PowerAura
    A shame i couldnt get PoWa to work so far.
    I'm not all too familiar with the addon, so I thought it was a sort of designation for a more simple user-made thing.

Deleted
    WeakAuras is IMO easier to use than PowerAuras and it can do at least the same.

I'll first list what I'm tracking and you can add more ideas if you want. I've made groups.

1) Defensive Procs/Buffs/Stacks
    Shuffle - Remaining Time
    Power Guard - greyed out on one or two stacks, colored on three stacks, changes to Guard icon when Guard is off cooldown
    Elusive Brew-Stacks - stacks + remaining time, changes to Elusive Brew-Buff Icon with remaining time when activated

2) Stagger
    Stagger - displays green/yellow/red stagger icon with remaining time

3) Defensive CDs - all Spells here will show the greyed out icon with timer when on cooldown and the colorful icon with remaining time when active and nothing when inactive + off cooldown
    Fortifying Brew
    Avert Harm
    Dampen Harm*
    Diffuse Magic*
    Expel Harm
    Purifying Brew
    Zen Meditation*

* not added yet, cause I'm not the right level yet.

Things I might add (open for discussion):
    Clash, Leg Sweep, Spear Hand Strike, Transcendence: Transfer, Paralysis, Charging Ox Wave, Rushing Jade Wind

Front Page again

Monk (Forums)
    Chi Torpedo damage increased by 10% and healing increased by 25%. AP scaling increased to 51.8%, up from 41.4%.
    Spinning Crane Kick (Brewmaster) now does damage every .75 sec and lasts 2.2 sec, rather than every 1 sec for 3 sec.
    Spinning Crane Kick Spinning Crane Kick While channeling Spinning Crane Kick, you also heal nearby injured allies for 4,013 every 1 sec for 3 sec. 0.75 sec for 2.2 sec.

Talents
    Chi Torpedo damage increased by 10% and healing increased by 25%. AP scaling increased to 51.8%, up from 41.4%.
    Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger damage increased by 10%.
    Rushing Jade Wind damage increased by 10%. AP scaling increased to 82.5%, up from 75%.

Brewmaster
    Stance of the Sturdy Ox now increases Energy regeneration by 10%, down from 30%. Stagger now causes 80% (was 70%) of the damage to happen instantly and the remaining 20% (was 30%) to be divided over 10 sec.

Does the last part make a change in secondary stats?