Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valient View Post
    Statue has a 30 sec CD, you can move it around pretty regularly so provided your raid aren't just running around randomly, you can get it where you need it most of the time, it's part of the skill of being a brewmaster, giving it a 100yd range would just make it faceroll imo.
    Well fights like will of the emporer you can either give it to the ranged pile and the melee on the boss or the ranged pile and the other tank, you can't do both.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurhlag View Post
    Well fights like will of the emporer you can either give it to the ranged pile and the melee on the boss or the ranged pile and the other tank, you can't do both.
    I'm not sure I understand why that is a problem, unless you somehow reach a saturation point where you can't guard anymore targets in the area, then your overall guards will be the same. By reducing the number of available targets it can hit, you are making the effect more predictable which has to be a good thing when your healers are trying to consider how much healing is needed on certain groups. Let me know if I am missing the point as I just can't see the problem.

Guard seem currently so much bugged its not even funny.
    I hope they fix it soon.

I knew about the glyphed Guard problem but now it seems if your statue casts guard on a raidmember, your own guard is instantly removed. This is just ridicolous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    Guard seem currently so much bugged its not even funny.
    I hope they fix it soon.

I knew about the glyphed Guard problem but now it seems if your statue casts guard on a raidmember, your own guard is instantly removed. This is just ridicolous.
    Have you got some proof of this, because if that is the case this is a MASSIVE problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Valient View Post
    Have you got some proof of this, because if that is the case this is a MASSIVE problem.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6864516976

Some people on EJ tested it..i myself did not personally test it so far but i just believe them.

Deleted
    Personally i'd like to see a WoL from a raid 1 with statue up one without a statue just to see if it is definately happening in a raid, but it is very concerning. Gonna keep an eye on the official post to see what comes from it though, thanks for the link.

If anyone has the time and ability to record WoL parses, it should be easy enough to test in LFR, I have never recorded logs because we have multiple people who do it already in my guild, will see if I can do it myself if I have time though.

---------- Post added 2012-10-14 at 02:50 AM ----------

Just found another post which is much more comprehensive and has mutliple parse on WoL to evidence it. Pretty shocking this has happened, lets hope they hotfix it fast.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6864316924
    Last edited by mmocc94c810497; 2012-10-14 at 01:35 AM.

Deleted
    That is a problem, yes, but to be honest I don't see it as such a huge problem as you make it out to be (at least in raids) - sure it might eat a full guard every once in a while (that while is probably closer to once a month than once a raid though), but for most of the time, we save guard for a big damage spike - which eats the full guard altogether. This means that we have an uptime of guard that is really low, so the chances of proccing a guard when it's up on us (for most of the time it's less than 5 seconds), are really low. Furthermore, it will only dispel our guard when it procs, which means that at most it will trade our own shield for a shield on someone else (which I already said is extremely unlikely to happen if you use it somewhat correctly), or it might use it when your shield has half it's value left, which isn't too bad on a fight with much raid damage, or it might proc when you have guard on cooldown and not on you - which is not a problem.

Sure, I want it fixed, but we can for the most part work around the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Avalya View Post
    That is a problem, yes, but to be honest I don't see it as such a huge problem as you make it out to be (at least in raids) - sure it might eat a full guard every once in a while (that while is probably closer to once a month than once a raid though), but for most of the time, we save guard for a big damage spike - which eats the full guard altogether. This means that we have an uptime of guard that is really low, so the chances of proccing a guard when it's up on us (for most of the time it's less than 5 seconds), are really low. Furthermore, it will only dispel our guard when it procs, which means that at most it will trade our own shield for a shield on someone else (which I already said is extremely unlikely to happen if you use it somewhat correctly), or it might use it when your shield has half it's value left, which isn't too bad on a fight with much raid damage, or it might proc when you have guard on cooldown and not on you - which is not a problem.

Sure, I want it fixed, but we can for the most part work around the problem.
    I dont know. I myself do not track how much damage i did until the next guard from the statue goes off. So it could be that you hit your guard and the next autattack sets it off right before the big hit that you wanted to absorb. And stop attacking at all when you activate your guard cant really be a solution.

Ofc its not the biggest of all problems since as you said most the time guard will probably do what it should but in my book its still a very ugly bug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    I dont know. I myself do not track how much damage i did until the next guard from the statue goes off. So it could be that you hit your guard and the next autattack sets it off right before the big hit that you wanted to absorb. And stop attacking at all when you activate your guard cant really be a solution.

Ofc its not the biggest of all problems since as you said most the time guard will probably do what it should but in my book its still a very ugly bug.
    Well the fact that if you glyph guard the statue does the animation but no buff is sent out.

People are also having problems with the statue not actually showing up on WoL but you can clearly see it in videos of the fight. Blizzard really need to sort out our statue and guard as well as the glyph problem

People are also having problems with the statue not actually showing up on WoL
    Yup. Noticed that few days ago, when guildies asked what the statue does and how good the absorb is. Couldn't find it on WoL, thought i' just didn't do enough damage :P

Besides:
    Should it be mentioned that the dizzying haze debuff is not applied to bosses? I've seen several "experts" who claim it would affect bosses, but last time i've checked on stone guard normal it didn't. Also dizzying haze (the ability, not the debuff ) generates signficantly less aggro if hitting targets that are immune to the debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurhlag View Post
    People are also having problems with the statue not actually showing up on WoL but you can clearly see it in videos of the fight. Blizzard really need to sort out our statue and guard as well as the glyph problem
    Monk damage taken in WoL is incorrect as well, because it is counting our absorbs as actual damage taken. It does the same with the stagger amount as well. Pretty much all around WoL is bad for Brewmasters atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckage827 View Post
    Monk damage taken in WoL is incorrect as well, because it is counting our absorbs as actual damage taken. It does the same with the stagger amount as well. Pretty much all around WoL is bad for Brewmasters atm.
    It also counts the stagger damage you take as your own damage so if you want to rank high don't ever press PB

Not sure if anyone has figured this out yet, but after a few tests, it seems your elusive brew stacks DO go off only weapon speed only and not factoring any haste into the equation, like i believed before..

It seems that you'll proc 1 charge with 2.6 speed weapon, 2 charges for a 3.2 speed weapon and 3 charges for a 3.6 weapon.

This could be something to figure in when gearing up.. especially if you have a high usage of Elusive Brew

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    Not sure if anyone has figured this out yet, but after a few tests, it seems your elusive brew stacks DO go off only weapon speed only and not factoring any haste into the equation, like i believed before..

It seems that you'll proc 1 charge with 2.6 speed weapon, 2 charges for a 3.2 speed weapon and 3 charges for a 3.6 weapon.

This could be something to figure in when gearing up.. especially if you have a high usage of Elusive Brew
    I have on rare occasion been getting 2 stacks with a 3.6 wep. 99% of the time I get 3, but once in a great while I'll notice the stack is at 2 or 5 when it comes off cooldown with no debuffs to throw it off, such as I that when I'm disarmed I'm only getting 1 stack.
    Last edited by Chuupag; 2012-10-15 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post

3.2 speed gives you 2 but alos sometimes 3 stacks.

Hello guys, got a question I couldn't find a definitive answer or just a strong enough answer to find myself sure of what I'm doing.

I just started on BrM last week, and I'm a new tank so bear with me if I ask something a bit stupid, but how much hp should be enough to start normal mogu'shan? I'm around 463 ilvl and got a couple pieces from lfr and some other things, which I enchanted with LW with stamina and generally when I could decide I tried to put stamina in there, when I read I should've chosen agi probably. I'm around 440k hp and I think I might either went overboard with hp and ignored some of the stats or that I might just not know tanking enough and misjudging this(I kinda tried taking inspiration from other monks but gear differences made it quite hard to be sure on what I'm doing.)

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Fuyuki/simple

as you can see I went basically full caps on hit/exp and stacked some stamina, I kinda feel energy starved too so I think I might have screwed a bit up my priorities...any advice? I'm keeping diggin the guide to find more info in the discussion but still a bit lost...
    Last edited by Neviskio; 2012-10-15 at 04:52 AM. Reason: woops italian armory...

Effective health is all well and good but if you're chi starved, then you need to shuffle that stamina around for more haste. Switch up some of your stamina enchants for agi / hit / expertise, if applicable. That'll let you have more breathing room while gemming and reforging for you to throw in more haste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Effective health is all well and good but if you're chi starved, then you need to shuffle that stamina around for more haste. Switch up some of your stamina enchants for agi / hit / expertise, if applicable. That'll let you have more breathing room while gemming and reforging for you to throw in more haste.
    Fully agreed. Going for hit and exp soft caps, then just pure haste (with the DMC stamina trinket) is what I've found to be most effective out of the 4-5 different gearing choices I've tried (exp hard cap, full mastery, max stamina/some haste/hit/exp caps, max crit after hit/exp and now, full haste after hit/exp caps). I currently have 16.20% haste, a bit over 7000 rating, and the agility trinket from Vaults trash (agility with 3.7k haste on use), so I feel that my energy is at rather comfortable levels, and I haven't suffered in damage output/damage taken nor healing done from switching from expertise hard cap > haste (with hit cap obviously) that I ran in last week's Vaults.

There is really only one reason to go all out pure Stam as tank:
    If you raid for world firsts and raid in gear thats most likely a bit to low in ilvl then it should be. Then you need the HP to live through some nasty stuff that would otherwise onehit you.

You dont need a big amount of HP for normal modes. You help healers alot better if you can get a high Shuffle and Elusive Brew uptime.
    As others mentioned i like the soft caps -> haste route currently much better. I went for exp cap (i got lucky with world bosses and already have 2t14 + 1ilvl 496 head so it was easy to achieve) but i still felt unhappy with my chi income so i switched to soft caps and haste and it feels alot smoother.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalya View Post
    Fully agreed. Going for hit and exp soft caps, then just pure haste (with the DMC stamina trinket) is what I've found to be most effective out of the 4-5 different gearing choices I've tried (exp hard cap, full mastery, max stamina/some haste/hit/exp caps, max crit after hit/exp and now, full haste after hit/exp caps). I currently have 16.20% haste, a bit over 7000 rating, and the agility trinket from Vaults trash (agility with 3.7k haste on use), so I feel that my energy is at rather comfortable levels, and I haven't suffered in damage output/damage taken nor healing done from switching from expertise hard cap > haste (with hit cap obviously) that I ran in last week's Vaults.
    I want to ask you for the weapon enchant procc... in paper... its a bit "low" dunno if it scales and is better dan a pure agi enchant.

thx