WELL, that explain much, when i cannot dodge or parry or whatever this attack. and yeah, i will bind the haste use on my jab spell.
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    WELL, that explain much, when i cannot dodge or parry or whatever this attack. and yeah, i will bind the haste use on my jab spell.
    That is what I did. I know some people might suggest that this is not ideal, and they are probably right. There will be times when you need to reposition or something, and during those times you could lose out on some of the buff. However, I am not going to pretend I am perfect. I know that for me personally, that I will get more average uptime by macro'ing it in, then if I just had to click it every time it came off CD.

Keeping things simple is often far more rewarding then aiming for perfection, as the only person that can pull that off is simulator.

Zen Alchemist Stone 450

Iron Protector Talisman 463

Vial of Dragon's Blood 476

Relic of Niuzao 476

I have all 4 trinkets and can't tell which is best. Should I just go with the two 476 trinks? The Vial seems awful and the Alch stone seems really good.

Cant post links because yet, sorry.
    Last edited by KMARTRULES; 2012-11-02 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidone View Post
    With shuffle up you have maybe 26% stagger.
    Strange...
    I have more like 46% stagger with shuffle up
    Oh and thats without the mastery buff and no elixirs

It should soon (ilvl ~500 maybe) be no problem to go from 50% stagger to 60% stagger with mastery w/o sacrifising to much haste.
    Going from 50% to 60% thats a instant-dmg-taken reduces by 20%

If you have dampen harm up when the 2nd strike comes with shuffle you shouldn't drop below half health. Very easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    Strange...
    I have more like 46% stagger with shuffle up
    Oh and thats without the mastery buff and no elixirs

It should soon (ilvl ~500 maybe) be no problem to go from 50% stagger to 60% stagger with mastery w/o sacrifising to much haste.
    Going from 50% to 60% thats a instant-dmg-taken reduces by 20%
    20% from shuffle
    5% flat from mastery

EDIT: Ohh I see there is a 20% stagger passive.

Yah I am at 46.3% myself, but I avoid it like the plague.

Mastery isn't just EH though, it is active mitigation; The more mastery we have the more stagger damage we purify when we use PB. with 0 haste, we have the baseline ability to use 3 PB's a minute, and the amount of damage mitigated per minute increases with mastery rating, assuming the number of PB's used stays constant.

Haste is still probably a better stat, but Stam is definitely not; Stamina in its best hour will only increase EH, but mastery will always increase both EH and mitigation. The notion of spiky damage is handle-able by the BrM if PB is timed correctly with big bursts of damage. Our spell priorities aren't set in stone, we can mix them up. For example, given we have enough excess Chi for 6 CB a minute, we dont have to use it every 10 seconds, instead we can use 5 in the 30 second time frame when the boss hits hard and the rest of the 30 seconds, use 1 CB and build up Shuffle. This is assuming you are looking to negate spikes in damage rather than have less damage taken overall. In this case mastery increase your EH throughout the minute, it does so linearly in the mild 30 second period, and exponentially mitigates damage in the burst 30 second period.

In the same way, if you were to choose between trinkets granting Haste or Stam, even for a very spiky damage fight, haste would be better, since it provides you with more PB in a given allotment of time, and thus more pooled PB for when the the high damage phase arrives. It's easier for your healers for you to have more EH, but the baseline EH for every fight is pretty much already obtained through baseline gear and any more is to give your healers more breathing room, or use it as a safety net for when you yourself don't handle the situation in the optimal way.

Quote Originally Posted by KMARTRULES View Post
    Zen Alchemist Stone 450

Iron Protector Talisman 463

Vial of Dragon's Blood 476

Relic of Niuzao 476

I have all 4 trinkets and can't tell which is best. Should I just go with the two 476 trinks? The Vial seems awful and the Alch stone seems really good.

Cant post links because yet, sorry.
    That is a tough list. I generally prefer Agility trinkets....

Zen Reforged to haste would be decent. I think the proc averages out to be about 1000 agility.

Iron and Vial are about the same, and I am leaning towards what zonex said about mastery being a better forms of EH as it also adds some mitigation as well.

The relic offers a buttload of stam and dodge though....

I think I would go with,
    Relic of Niuzao
    Zen Alchemist Stone

But I would strive for passive agility trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidone View Post
    But I would strive for passive agility trinkets.

I prefer passive agility trinkets as well. But when it comes to agi with a haste proc, or mastery with an agi proc. That's where I am not too sure which way I should go.

So was our heal tree to op? Didnt feel like that.
    If they really want want to cut down Mistweaver healing they better buff our armor or something else to make up for the less selfheal with that new build o.o

Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    So was our heal tree to op? Didnt feel like that.
    If they really want want to cut down Mistweaver healing they better buff our armor or something else to make up for the less selfheal with that new build o.o
    People have been claiming that they are topping the healing meters as brewmasters, at least some. if that is actually happening, I can easily see why Blizzard would want to nerf it. We should not have the ability to do that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Our guard is considered a heal according to at least Skada (not sure about Recount) and that is possibly what they are referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Our guard is considered a heal according to at least Skada (not sure about Recount) and that is possibly what they are referring to.
    No, most of them were referring to Chi wave.

I remember a guy who was suggesting to actually get rid of Guard in favor of it a couple weeks ago.

And unless they patched it, I don't think Guard was actually showing up anywhere for brewmasters on Recount. I remember looking around and I couldn't find it... checked both healing and absorbs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    No, most of them were referring to Chi wave.

I remember a guy who was suggesting to actually get rid of Guard in favor of it a couple weeks ago.

And unless they patched it, I don't think Guard was actually showing up anywhere for brewmasters on Recount. I remember looking around and I couldn't find it... checked both healing and absorbs.
    Well Skada showed guard as healing done.
    I have not seen a log since the vengeance fix where a tank outhealed healers in a raid. Would really like to see that.
    But then again they already tuned down the damage of that tier because it should be for healing...now they cut the healing more and more.
    I have to wonder whats the purpose of this tier soon.

There is a point where chi spend for that tier is just not worth spending it anymore and if we hit that we have a whole tier thats just unintresting for raiding as brewmaster. I would hate to see that since i actually like spending my chi for those talents from time to time.

edit: to be clear this shouldnt be read as a whine post since its still ptr...
    double edit: But srsly whats with blizzard and our healing spheres...
    Last edited by Asmalya; 2012-11-02 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    I have not seen a log since the vengeance fix where a tank outhealed healers in a raid. Would really like to see that.

There is a point where chi spend for that tier is just not worth spending it anymore and if we hit that we have a whole tier thats just unintresting for raiding as brewmaster. I would hate to see that since i actually like spending my chi for those talents from time to time.
    I know I could get REALLY close to doing that on my DK but usually meant that healer wasn't pulling their weight as well. Can't see that happening on my BrM.

I only use it if I'm pretty far ahead on my Shuffle buff (which tank swaps allow) but I would never think of letting Guard/Shuffle drop in favor of using a T30 talent. Maybe BrM's were hitting those crazy numbers by neglecting Shuffle/Guard in place of Chi Wave?
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    I know I could get REALLY close to doing that on my DK but usually meant that healer wasn't pulling their weight as well. Can't see that happening on my BrM.

I only use it if I'm pretty far ahead on my Shuffle buff (which tank swaps allow) but I would never think of letting Guard/Shuffle drop in favor of using a T30 talent. Maybe BrM's were hitting those crazy numbers by neglecting Shuffle/Guard in place of Chi Wave?
    I thought of doing it on the normal spirit kings, 1st boss. The dmg is split amongst the raid, so he literally hits me for nothing, and the healers are AoE healing anyways, thus the additional mitigation isn't accomplishing anything.

Now another question. Would you take an agi trinket with haste procc over and agi trinket with agi procc?

Meaning:
    windsept vs Darkmoon
    13/13

Monk

DK Tank, Brewmaster tank on H Will 10 man last night.

I healed for 23m, DK for 16m. However I self healed for only 7.5m out of all that, the DK was 15.5m. Guard is amazingly effective on others on several fights. I don't see us ever topping healers though as our lowest healer was 33m last night. I agree, we should be about mitigation and not healing. Up our Armor, make Mastery a little more effective per point, and possibly increase the passive dodge from agility per point a little.

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 03:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    Now another question. Would you take an agi trinket with haste procc over and agi trinket with agi procc?

Meaning:
    windsept vs Darkmoon
    Relic over Windswept.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Statue guard bubbles is giving me some pretty insane numbers on Wind Lord Mel'jarak because of 200k+ dps. Almost keeping up with the actual healers

Quote Originally Posted by Keeyla View Post
    Statue guard bubbles is giving me some pretty insane numbers on Wind Lord Mel'jarak because of 200k+ dps. Almost keeping up with the actual healers
    Thats still guard and not the healing tier talents.